Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under

+2
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under Empty Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 10:51

Thought she was hot as hell.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theoaklandpress/obituary.aspx?n=denise-matthews-vanity&pid=177732712
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under Empty Re: Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-17, 11:29

Don't remember her, sorry. I know the Nasty Girls song though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under Empty Re: Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:36

She dated Nikki Sixx and has a prominent role in the story in his book 'The Heroin Diaries'.... She loved that crack.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:37

never heard of her.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:38

Prince protege, Bob.

Prince always had the hottest girlfriends. I wish I was Prince.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:40

xsanguine wrote:Prince protege, Bob.

oh okay... yeah, not really my genre.

RIP, though. Sad - too young to pass away.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-17, 11:40

This thread gets 6 Fs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Prince protege, Bob.

oh okay... yeah, not really my genre.

She apparently turned her life around in the mid to late 90's and then became a minister of sorts and ran a church outside L.A.

Nikki Sixx continued his reign of debauchery until about 10 years ago and hasn't written a good song since cleaning up.

Quitters, I tell ya. They're the worst
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-17, 11:44

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh okay... yeah, not really my genre.

She apparently turned her life around in the mid to late 90's and then became a minister of sorts and ran a church outside L.A.

Nikki Sixx continued his reign of debauchery until about 10 years ago and hasn't written a good song since cleaning up.

Nikki Sixx needs to get in touch with Peter.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 11:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Don't remember her, sorry. I know the Nasty Girls song though.

The band was the hookers then turned into V6 when she joined. Was really into that Minneapolis Funk, but prince put some new wave into it. You know that nasty girls song probably because it had that mix of Minny funk and new wave. Real creative shit back in the day.

I think she was a nude model first. You could prolly find some interwebbpucsvifbyou searched.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Nikki Sixx needs to get in touch with Peter.

Nikki Sixx can teach Peter how to shoot Coke into his dick like him and Tommy Lee used to do. Jack Daniels, too... Those silly boys
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 11:47

To be sure, their only album is fairly boring except for one song. I
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:49

Kickstart My Heart is a kickass rock n' roll song. I don't know much about them other than that song and Sixx's book... Was just before my time.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:49

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh okay... yeah, not really my genre.

yeah, there is a theory within the music world that the best songwriters are paralyzed at the thought of living a happy, clean life.

in a lot of ways, there seems to be some truth in it, though I don't see it as a hard and fast rule.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 11:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

yeah, there is a theory within the music world that the best songwriters are paralyzed at the thought of living a happy, clean life.

in a lot of ways, there seems to be some truth in it, though I don't see it as a hard and fast rule.

It's been observed that many high level writers had a tough go in their early childhood. True art comes from being able to show your venerability and express your insecurities in new and exciting ways. Talent doesn't necessarily have to come from despair, however, which is why the true songwriters usually have some issues that they self-medicate with and the talent around them adjust to life just fine... But the talent can never usually write like the fucked up guys because they just haven't touched into their own insecurities and are comfortable enough bearing them to the world.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:59

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, there is a theory within the music world that the best songwriters are paralyzed at the thought of living a happy, clean life.

It's been observed that many high level writers had a tough go in their early childhood. True art comes from being able to show your venerability and express your insecurities in new and exciting ways. Talent doesn't necessarily have to come from despair, however, which is why the true songwriters usually have some issues that they self-medicate with and the talent around them adjust to life just fine... But the talent can never usually write like the fucked up guys because they just haven't touched into their own insecurities and are comfortable enough bearing them to the world.
I don't disagree and those are very good points.

Probably the happiest good songwriter I'm familiar with is Josh Ritter. Beyond him, all of the greats seem to have some issues at the surface or very deep down. Whether it's Hank Sr, Dylan, Kristofferson, Springsteen, Steve Earle, Townes, Leonard Cohen, Lucinda Williams and more contemporaries like Isbell, Ryan Adams, Justin Townes, Cooley, etc - all have some sort of common thread of personal demons be they rooted in addiction, economic struggle, abuse of some sort on some level, etc.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 12:03

Ryan Adams has some pain in that soul of his... And he is able to articulate is so well.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 12:12

xsanguine wrote:Ryan Adams has some pain in that soul of his... And he is able to articulate is so well.
yeah - if you ever get a chance to read this book, it's pretty interesting. Documents a lot of stuff - including Whiskeytown's notorious show in East Lansing. Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 502811600

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 61OxB5hnWaL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 13:06

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, there is a theory within the music world that the best songwriters are paralyzed at the thought of living a happy, clean life.

Many more ways to express your angst than just words. Shit, Beethoven taught us that in grade school. I can't look at a Van Gogh without feeling like I've left the gas on in my house and my daughter is about to go home and light a candle.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 13:13

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Many more ways to express your angst than just words. Shit, Beethoven taught us that in grade school. I can't look at a Van Gogh without feeling like I've left the gas on in my house and my daughter is about to go home and light a candle.

See now that's deep. What sort of pain did you experience as a child?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 13:30

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

See now that's deep. What sort of pain did you experience as a child?

My bike was stolen. I also had a lisp. In first grade I had to go to speech once a week with another kid whose name was Dave. Our teacher put our names on the board on the day we needed to go. When it was time to go we would walk out together and since my name was Dan the class would all chant "Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett". They'd all laugh and our teacher would laugh too. We were humiliated but shit it was 1967 and nobody gave a fuck back then. It scarred me, but Dave ended up going to prison for stealing cars.

It was a fucked up world back then. By the way, this Is not a made up ghost story. Shit was real.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-17, 13:32

You coulda been the next Warren Zevon, dude.... Wtf, why'd you waste it?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-17, 13:35

xsanguine wrote:You coulda been the next Warren Zevon, dude.... Wtf, why'd you waste it?

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-02-17, 19:27

Vanity should most be known for being the lady of Bruce Leroy's affections in the Last Dragon.  And if you are unfortunate enough to have never seen The Last Dragon, feast your eyes on this gem.

StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-18, 07:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Ryan Adams has some pain in that soul of his... And he is able to articulate is so well.
yeah - if you ever get a chance to read this book, it's pretty interesting. Documents a lot of stuff - including Whiskeytown's notorious show in East Lansing. Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 502811600

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 61OxB5hnWaL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_
found this online from Caitlin Cary - violinist and harmonizing vocals during the Whiskeytown days:

What was the worse show you’ve played that you can remember?

It’s great to always have an easy answer to this question: East Lansing, MI, with Whiskeytown. We played poorly, Ryan had a fit, we walked off stage after a few songs, and as we were loading out, the crowd left and returned with rotten fruits and tomatoes and threw them at us. That took admirable effort on their part. Unforgettable. A sick badge of honor. Killer.

Vanity 6 front lady is 6........feet under 502811600

it was actually at Mac's - so not technically East Lansing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down