Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sterling vs. Magic

+9
Rodeo Burger
tig ol bitties
WhiteBoyHatcher
dubie7006
Keith Stone
DWags
tGreenWay
Youngblood 96
Other Teams Pursuing That
13 posters

Go down

Sterling vs. Magic Empty Sterling vs. Magic

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-13, 18:43

“What kind of guy goes to every city, has sex with every girl, then he goes and catches HIV,” Sterling told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “Is that someone we want to respect and tell our kids about? I think he should be ashamed of himself.”

“Big Magic Johnson, what has he done? He’s got AIDS. Did he do any business? Did he help anybody in South LA?” Sterling said. “He does nothing – he’s all talk.”

Johnson, a basketball Hall of Famer who publicly announced in 1991 that he’s HIV-positive, is expected to give his full response to Sterling’s comments in an interview with CNN Tuesday.

LINK: Donald Sterling takes shots at Magic Johnson’s HIV status
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Sterling vs. Magic Empty Re: Sterling vs. Magic

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 18:51

Oh look, another donald sterling thread.  Rolling Eyes 
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-05-13, 18:53

That racist jackass shouldve done his homework before going on cable news. Earvin has long been credited as the force behind bringing businesses into urban neighborhoods, including his own theaters and Starbucks shops.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-13, 19:10

Youngblood 96 wrote:Oh look, another donald sterling thread.   Rolling Eyes 

Still wanna defend this dick-bag? Not surprised by your response. Got nothing left, huh?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 19:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Still wanna defend this dick-bag? Not surprised by your response. Got nothing left, huh?

In the multiple threads on this already, where have I ever defended this nut job?
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-13, 19:38

He's got those aids!!!

Guy is obviously cashed out mentally. Now it's just pouring on mentally. He's a Baffoon.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 20:02

Youngblood 96 wrote:

In the multiple threads on this already, where have I ever defended this nut job?

Still waiting for an answer OTPT.

Are you trying to become the Rogue of this board?  Hurling insults, name calling and throwing out baseless accusations...then hide when being asked to provide examples of said BS accusations?

Or are you going to man up and admit you were wrong?
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 2014-05-13, 20:03

"Ohhh Magic Johnson - what has he done? What has he done?! HE HAS AIDS!!!!"
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-13, 20:05

gHost Spartan wrote:

What the f uck do you want him to say?

He could start by saying, "you're not gonna touch my fucking team, and the bitch is going to jail for leaking a privately taped conversation."

Oh, and it would be great if he said " I love the blacks and the gays and the Mexicans , but f uck those god damn Methodists"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 2014-05-13, 20:08

Sterling is 80 years old. He is senile and probably has alzheimer's. He needs to be put in a nursing home.
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-13, 20:17

Youngblood 96 wrote:

Still waiting for an answer OTPT.

Are you trying to become the Rogue of this board?  Hurling insults, name calling and throwing out baseless accusations...then hide when being asked to provide examples of said BS accusations?

Or are you going to man up and admit you were wrong?

Rolling Eyes 

Because I want to go through your posts history and find your posts...but since you ask. I really hope this is the last time I ever do that.

"Robert J Sakimano wrote:
nice.. the NBA deals with racism better than the United States government does..

Really? Remind me on this one...did the NBA apply the same 'punishment' to Shaq and or Barkley for their history of racist comments?"
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 20:20

Rolling Eyes 

Because I want to go through your posts history and find your posts...but since you ask. I really hope this is the last time I ever do that.

"Robert J Sakimano wrote:
nice.. the NBA deals with racism better than the United States government does..

Really? Remind me on this one...did the NBA apply the same 'punishment' to Shaq and or Barkley for their history of racist comments?"

Sterling vs. Magic 502811600  How is this defending that racist scum bag Sterling?  I know you're slow, but come on.

This is just a sad response from you. I was hoping you'd prove me wrong and admit your mistake...
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-13, 20:23

Just noticed the interview is on currently. I've heard Magic say approximately 20 words and he's just dominated Sterling.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-13, 20:24

Youngblood 96 wrote:

Sterling vs. Magic 502811600  How is this defending that racist scum bag Sterling?  I know you're slow, but come on.

This is just a sad response from you.  I was hoping you'd prove me wrong and admit your mistake...

Oh, please. Because you don't come out and say "I'M DEFENDING STERLING" doesn't mean you weren't. You were in that thread. You know it.

Have a good night Youngblood.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 20:26

dubie7006 wrote:Just noticed the interview is on currently.  I've heard Magic say approximately 20 words and he's just dominated Sterling.

Magic sounds coherent while speaking...so he already has that going for him over sterling.  

I'm impressed by Magic.  I'm not so sure I'd be so civil had Sterling said those things about me.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-05-13, 20:28

Oh, please. Because you don't come out and say "I'M DEFENDING STERLING" doesn't mean you weren't. You were in that thread. You know it.

Have a good night Youngblood.

You still haven't provided anything or EXPLAINED how I was defending him. I said Shaq and Barkley have made racist comments and they received no punishment. How does that = defending that racist scum Sterling? Nice try coward.
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 2014-05-13, 20:30

Youngblood 96 wrote:

Magic sounds coherent while speaking...so he already has that going for him over sterling.  

I'm impressed by Magic.  I'm not so sure I'd be so civil had Sterling said those things about me.

Good lord you're right. Sterling sounded just shitfaced.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-13, 23:03

Didn't watch the interview w/ either. See the article up on ESPN about Magic. Good read.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10927447/magic-johnson-banned-los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-angry-wrong-person

Maybe this is just my take, but Magic has some odd "walls" that seem to keep him from being the great ambassador to MSU that we all believe he has the potential to be. However, you've got to give the man credit and be extremely proud of him given where he came from. To look over the list of things he's accomplished in this article off the court is astounding.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-05-13, 23:52

I don't care about sterling vs magic.   I wanna see sterling vs the NBA
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-14, 00:55

Sterling is a complete asshole, and I'm glad this is happening to him.

However....Doc Rivers played for him, and was well aware of the Elgin Baylor law suit (which Sterling won) along with all the other overtly racist things that Sterling has done or said. Now all of a sudden he pretends that he isn't sure if he can work with someone like that. What a farce.

Rivers, along with the L.A. Chapter of the NAACP knew ALL about him, yet preferred to shake him down for donations or salary, rather than actually compel him to change his behavior.

Sterling is by far the biggest asshole here, but there are plenty of others. (Like the NAACP, L.A. chapter who were about to bestow Sterling with his 2nd lifetime achievement award). Think about that. They know him, they know what he is, and they work for, and/or give awards to this guy.

Fark those guys too...if you tolerate that kind of behavior for money, the thing to remember is that you tolerate that behavior, period. Not cool in my book.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-14, 10:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Didn't watch the interview w/ either. See the article up on ESPN about Magic. Good read.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10927447/magic-johnson-banned-los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-angry-wrong-person

Maybe this is just my take, but Magic has some odd "walls" that seem to keep him from being the great ambassador to MSU that we all believe he has the potential to be. However, you've got to give the man credit and be extremely proud of him given where he came from. To look over the list of things he's accomplished in this article off the court is astounding.

I've often wondered about the level of ambassador issue and Magic too..I suppose most of us have.

I think a lot of it is the fact that he really tries to be, and is, just a "regular guy" at heart. He obviously loves MSU but he does a great job of just being a fan and a Spartan and doesn't, perhaps, want to thrust himself into the limelight any more than he is, where MSU is concerned. He is obviously at a lot of games, tweets stuff about MSU all the time, etc. but I'd like to think he just trusts Hollis and Izzo and Coach D to just do what they do and knows that the athletic department is in great hands as-is. Plus, of course he has made his donations. They are "small" in relation to what he can do, but I'm not so sure he wants to be that guy that MSU gets famous for when it comes to the $ in the programs. He likes seeing MSU grow on it's own, perhaps.

Plus, deep down, he might know that his $ is better spent where he puts it and just focuses on what he's good at.

And as far as being a spokesman-Magic has come a long long way since the 17 year old many of us saw (try to) speak publicly. He has made tremendous strides, but again, he is just an average Joe as a speaker, and he wears his feelings and emotions on his sleeve. Sometimes that has resulted in a few odd tweets and a few uncomfortable moments as a TV talk show host. Combined with being a guy who is still learning how to put his words and thoughts together in an articulate manner, it has been a fascinating thing to watch. He kind of moved more fluidly up and down the court with a ball better than he does with his words in the public eye. But that's cool, as I love watching a normal human grow and thrive and even struggle. It's refreshing to see a very real personality, especially when it is just a good human being to start with.

Sterling, for example, is pretty "real" but what he says out loud (whether we were supposed to hear it or not) lets us know that there are real demons inside him. Magic just keeps himself at a level we can all relate to and appreciate.

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-14, 11:11

When I was at school, I swear there was a $1 million donation made anonymously. I forget if it was a AD donation or general, but at the time was the largest one made. I always assumed it was Magic who donated that. I think he donates, but does it anonymously, or maybe in area's that most people wouldn't suspect.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Stone 2014-05-14, 11:21

InTenSity wrote:When I was at school, I swear there was a $1 million donation made anonymously. I forget if it was a AD donation or general, but at the time was the largest one made. I always assumed it was Magic who donated that. I think he donates, but does it anonymously, or maybe in area's that most people wouldn't suspect.

Are you referring to this 1 million dollar donation made by Magic Johnson and he did it without being anonymous?

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2011/11/magic_johnson_makes_1_million.html
Keith Stone
Keith Stone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-14, 11:28

Keith Stone wrote:

Are you referring to this 1 million dollar donation made by Magic Johnson and he did it without being anonymous?

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2011/11/magic_johnson_makes_1_million.html
No, I think I was referring to this one. I doubt it was him after reading through parts of it, but you never know.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-14, 11:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Maybe this is just my take, but Magic has some odd "walls" that seem to keep him from being the great ambassador to MSU that we all believe he has the potential to be. However, you've got to give the man credit and be extremely proud of him given where he came from. To look over the list of things he's accomplished in this article off the court is astounding.

I mean, having AIDS hangs over anyone -- especially arguably the greatest point guard in the history of the world. He fucked a lot of women while he was married. That was, is and should be frowned upon in general society.

*I know Magic has HIV, not AIDS...
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-14, 11:39

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

I mean, having AIDS hangs over anyone -- especially arguably the greatest point guard in the history of the world. He fucked a lot of women while he was married. That was, is and should be frowned upon in general society.

I think a lot of people still respect Magic a Hell of a lot more than, say Tiger Woods, because he just came clean and apologized, admitted his failures as a husband and moved on. He didn't fall back on some made up Bullshit about a disease or addiction  Rolling Eyes  Tiger and anyone buying into that line of crapp is a total PUTZ.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-14, 11:41

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Uh, he was married like 3 months before he announced he had HIV.
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-14, 11:42

Larry Kazamias wrote:

Uh, he was married like 3 months before he announced he had HIV.  

So, that makes it better? Please.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-14, 11:45

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

So, that makes it better? Please.

Makes what better? It simply makes your "he fucked a lot of women while married" likely incorrect
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-14, 11:50

Larry Kazamias wrote:

Makes what better?  It simply makes your "he fucked a lot of women while married" likely incorrect

I think Cookie and Magic were College sweethearts and they were together the whole time Magic was a Laker  Neutral  Anyway..whateves..

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-14, 11:55

Seems like a bizarre subject to try to be a dick about.

I wasn't really talking about his shortcomings as a committed partner in a relationship, I was talking about his charitable endeavors listed in the article.

Johnson told TMZ he has sent more than 10,000 minorities to college and through his Magic Johnson Foundation has invested more than a billion dollars in urban America and has put more than 50,000 minorities into jobs. He said he has given inner-city kids access to computers to do their homework via the 18 technology centers his foundation is responsible for and he has overseen food and toy drives and job fairs.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down