Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED)

+15
Bob Lee Swagger
The_Dude
Vlad
NigelUno
BleacherSwill
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Cameron
The Pantry
Dr. Strangelove
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) Empty Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED)

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Michigan State Football: Spartan Stadium permanent lights are on the way

According to Jeff Bonk – the Project Manager for CP15015 (Spartan Stadium Permanent Lights) – the authorization to plan is the first step that will be necessary in order to gain final approval from the Board of Trustees. That vote should occur on June 15. After authorization to plan is received, Bonk says, the IPF plans to bring back a proposal to the Board of Trustees on September 9, 2016 to request authorization to proceed.

I clearly don't understand bureaucratic principles. You need approval to plan, and maybe solicit RFPs, which last I checked don't cost squat?

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : APPROVED)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) Empty Re: Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED)

Post by tGreenWay Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 pm

About damn time. They need to turn those lights on as soon as the shadow shows up. It's hard to follow games because tv cams irises can't adapt to the instant light changes when plays move front bright light to all shadow. Plus, the field looks dope when the house lights are on. Way better than in natural light.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) Empty Re: Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED)

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:01 pm

I thought Hollis hated night games because he saw some people dropping bottles.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I thought Hollis hated night games because he saw some people dropping bottles.

I hope he picks up one of those bottles and smashes it over your stupid odd shaped head.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Just kidding, Moose. I hope he does not do that. Maybe if it is plastic bottle. Then it would be good old fun. But not a glass bottle that would cut you and make you bleed all over and need stitches.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Just kidding, Moose. I hope he does not do that. Maybe if it is plastic bottle. Then it would be good old fun. But not a glass bottle that would cut you and make you bleed all over and need stitches.

Dammit, go with your 1st thoughts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Just kidding, Moose. I hope he does not do that. Maybe if it is plastic bottle. Then it would be good old fun. But not a glass bottle that would cut you and make you bleed all over and need stitches.

Dammit, go with your 1st thoughts.

Yeah, I don't know why I wimped out.

KICK HIS ASS, HOLLIS!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Seriously needed. Night games look like shit on tv.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Seriously needed. Night games look like shit on tv.

TVs are so mainstream. I only listen to the radio, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I thought Hollis hated night games because he saw some people dropping bottles.

I hope he picks up one of those bottles and smashes it over your stupid odd shaped head.
I wish someone would have done that to him before he hired a hockey commissioner to coach our third most important sport.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I wish someone would have done that to him before he hired a hockey commissioner to coach our third most important sport.

We should let Roc kick him in the taint.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State Football: Spartan Stadium permanent lights are on the way

According to Jeff Bonk – the Project Manager for CP15015 (Spartan Stadium Permanent Lights) – the authorization to plan is the first step that will be necessary in order to gain final approval from the Board of Trustees. That vote should occur on June 15. After authorization to plan is received, Bonk says, the IPF plans to bring back a proposal to the Board of Trustees on September 9, 2016 to request authorization to proceed.

I clearly don't understand bureaucratic principles. You need approval to plan, and maybe solicit RFPs, which last I checked don't cost squat?
The trustees have to sort out which of their buddies is qualified to research the proposed job
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:22 am

Big vote on the lights today.

MSU board to vote on permanent lights at Spartan Stadium

EAST LANSING – Spartan Stadium could be getting brighter in the very near future.

The Michigan State University Board of Trustees will vote Wednesday to approve a project to install permanent lighting at the football stadium. It is one of a number of athletic-related items that is part of a meeting for the board.

Portable lights have been rented for previous late-afternoon and night games at the 93-year-old football stadium. The University of Michigan added permanent lighting at Michigan Stadium in 2010 for $1.8 million. In recent years, MSU has upgraded its indoor venues' lighting systems at Breslin Center and Munn Arena with high-efficiency LED lighting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 am

God, do I not miss Moose...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:37 am

Love night games.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:10 am

Cameron wrote:God, do I not miss Moose...

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) Giphy

This is how I feel whenever I see one of his posts, knowing he's never coming back.

I know you still read this board, so hi you fucking weirdo.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:16 am

DWags wrote:Love night games.

I read another article from back in the spring that suggested the price tag might be $2.1 million.

I like night games as much as the next fan, but that's a lot of money for one or maybe two games a year.

Can't we just send somebody over to Home Depot and buy whatever we need for a couple of grand?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 am

I support this given the # of night games we'll see from here onward.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:08 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Love night games.

I read another article from back in the spring that suggested the price tag might be $2.1 million.

I like night games as much as the next fan, but that's a lot of money for one or maybe two games a year.

Can't we just send somebody over to Home Depot and buy whatever we need for a couple of grand?

I admire how simple you are. How big a role does magic play in your project development philosophy?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:18 am

BleacherSwill wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I admire how simple you are. How big a role does magic play in your project development philosophy?

I can't tell whose sarcasm detector is broken, yours or mine.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:30 am

BleacherSwill wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Lol. Well dwags is a sunshine blowar.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Approved

Chris Solari@chrissolari  3h3 hours ago  
Spartan Stadium to get lights for 2017 MSU football season http://on.lsj.com/1tr6Cdy 

Additional revenue from Big Ten television contracts is expected to cover the the lighting project’s costs, which will come out of the MSU athletic department’s budget and not general funds, President Lou Anna K. Simon said.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:54 am

BoT to deciding on lights today.

Chris Solari@chrissolari 16s16 seconds ago
A few items on the MSU board agenda: Renewing Mark Dantonio's rollover contract, approval on Spartan Stadium lights/South End Zone addition.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:BoT to deciding on lights today.

Chris Solari@chrissolari 16s16 seconds ago
A few items on the MSU board agenda: Renewing Mark Dantonio's rollover contract, approval on Spartan Stadium lights/South End Zone addition.

I wonder if they table that for discussion later.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 am

Chris Solari@chrissolari 39s39 seconds ago
Lights approved. South End Zone addition next. Ianni: "Next phase of multiple phases in the stadium" for safety/restrooms/concessions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:15 am

I thought the lights were already a done deal
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:18 am

The Pantry wrote:I thought the lights were already  a done deal

I did too, and was surprise it was on the BoT agenda.  Maybe the earlier approval was just for some planning phase or something.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:BoT to deciding on lights today.

Chris Solari@chrissolari  16s16 seconds ago  

I wonder if they table that for discussion later.  

I can't find anything about how much discussion there was on it, but I'm guessing not much.

Chris Solari@chrissolari 3m3 minutes ago
MSU also approved the rollover contract for football coach Mark Dantonio early in the session as part of personnel actions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Good, we will be able to see the empty seats more clearly on TV now.

Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Stadium was full or at full capacity pretty much all year during a 3-9 year. That was nice at least
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

The house is burning down and MSU is approving permanent lights. Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Chris Solari@chrissolari 39s39 seconds ago
Lights approved. South End Zone addition next. Ianni: "Next phase of multiple phases in the stadium" for safety/restrooms/concessions.

Big time help for recruiting. Program continues to look forward
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Lee Swagger Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 pm

The way things have been going they might need to make those red and blue lights.
Bob Lee Swagger
Bob Lee Swagger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 am

Class D high schools have had permanent lights since the 70s. Recruits' grandparents will be impressed.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:00 am

Cameron wrote:God, do I not miss Moose...

Moose was funny. But this place is run by fanboys so it fucking sucks. Turtleneck ran out of people to fight with so he took his ball and went home.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 am

By-Tor wrote:Class D high schools have had permanent lights since the 70s. Recruits' grandparents will be impressed.

Don't you have to have a good football team to play at night? Ratings?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 am

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) 1f526
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 am

By-Tor wrote:Class D high schools have had permanent lights since the 70s. Recruits' grandparents will be impressed.

lol!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:35 am

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Chris Solari@chrissolari 39s39 seconds ago

Big time help for recruiting. Program continues to look forward

I think recruits are more impressed with winning and playing great defense as opposed to losing and playing shitty defense with the lights on. Just a hunch.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:57 am

Permanent Night Lights at Spartan Stadium for 2017 (APPROVED) Smuggler-clipart-fishing_cartoon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next