Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges

+30
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Wally Fairway
GRR Spartan
Herbie Green
DWags
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
duffy munn
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Jethro Bodeen
xsanguine
Nordic
NigelUno
The_Dude
kingstonlake
steveschneider
pulling69
InTenSity
Blanch32
tGreenWay
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 Empty Re: Mateen Not Guilty on all charges

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Fuck this prosecutor. Guarantee scum. Timing isn't a coincidence
this was my first thought..

SCum is directly responsible for this... probably Delaney too.

Agreed. UM boosters setting up a sting to get former MSU athletes. No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 Empty Re: Mateen Not Guilty on all charges

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-16, 10:59

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this was my first thought..

Agreed. UM boosters setting up a sting to get former MSU athletes. No
yeah - I don't think they take basketball and football quite as seriously as we do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-16, 10:59

kingstonlake wrote:I have a question though.  If the chick thought they were leaving from the bar to go back to the golf course (at 1am Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 2599972566 )...... And they end up at hotel instead, why did she go into the hotel room with him? Seems like there are multiple red flags here waaaay before you get into a motel room for an assault, if you're a chick

The deck is stacked against men in this regard. In most cases if both individuals are drunk, only the man suffers any legal consequences. In some states, women can even withdraw consent after consensual sex has taken place. It's an amazing time to be alive...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:01

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this was my first thought..

Bob, here's the imediate issues:

1. Not even the county prosecutor.
2. VolunteerEd for this case even though Wayne has enough work load.
3. High profile defendant, prosecutor notes that in the press release. Why does that even factor in?
4. Investigation took 6 months, and the timing of the charges are questionable. If the evident is there why wait 6 months? Why wait until after April so it isn't going to be front page news?
5. Prosecutor is a known sex assault crime advocate, what a better opportunity to advance her agenda?
6. Look at all the crimes he's being charged with. Explain to me how false imprisonment is in there if the victim escaped mere hour later.
7. Went to uofm and ND , cleaves is star at msu.

Want me to continue with the actual case now?

You sound like the UM nutjobs who think Hollis influenced the selection committee to screw everyone B1G team but MSU.

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 Z
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:02

xsanguine wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I have a question though.  If the chick thought they were leaving from the bar to go back to the golf course (at 1am Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 2599972566 )...... And they end up at hotel instead, why did she go into the hotel room with him? Seems like there are multiple red flags here waaaay before you get into a motel room for an assault, if you're a chick

The deck is stacked against men in this regard. In most cases if both individuals are drunk, only the man suffers any legal consequences. In some states, women can even withdraw consent after consensual sex has taken place. It's an amazing time to be alive...

Link?

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-16, 11:13

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Link?

Does the prospect turn you on?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:14

http://www.wxyz.com/news/witness-says-she-saw-fmr-msu-spartan-star-mateen-cleaves-chase-woman-while-naked-on-day-of-assault

Waiting for apologists to say this woman was a Delaney or UM 'plant' as a witness.. Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:17

xsanguine wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Link?

No, I just dont ever see how that defense works. Thats why I was wondering if you had some sort of proof that it held up in a court of law.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-16, 11:22

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

No, I just dont ever see how that defense works. Thats why I was wondering if you had some sort of proof that it held up in a court of law.

I don't. I'm referring to the consent laws in California... I'm exaggerating their reach, as usual. I'm referring to a case, and I'll try to look it up (on mobile), where two 18 year old kids had sex, she was texting her friends saying she was going to go have sex... Then she woke up, felt ashamed and claimed rape and the kid was kicked out of school. It's more a university thing than a California state law.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:23

xsanguine wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I don't. I'm referring to the consent laws in California... I'm exaggerating their reach, as usual. I'm referring to a case, and I'll try to look it up (on mobile), where two 18 year old kids had sex, she was texting her friends saying she was going to go have sex... Then she woke up, felt ashamed and claimed rape and the kid was kicked out of school. It's more a university thing than a California state law.

I believe that because universities don't have due process.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-16, 11:26

The_Dude wrote:http://www.wxyz.com/news/witness-says-she-saw-fmr-msu-spartan-star-mateen-cleaves-chase-woman-while-naked-on-day-of-assault

Waiting for apologists to say this woman was a Delaney or UM 'plant' as a witness.. Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 502811600
The witness tells us the woman tried escaping Room 121 three times, running outside with little to no clothes, but was allegedly chased down by a naked Cleaves.The witness also claimed it was all caught on surveillance video.

We talked to the owner of the motel, who confirmed detectives looked at surveillance, but wouldn't say if it led to any evidence.

As with a lot of things, only two people know what really happened. It's going to be played out in the court of public opinion where a lot of people already have their minds made up either way, unfortunately.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-16, 11:26

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Yep. So two kids can get drunk and have sex... The only one is responsible for their actions because they have a penis.

Seems like we should apply that to drunk driving with women, too, while we're at it. What's the difference, ya know?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 11:28

xsanguine wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Yep. So two kids can get drunk and have sex... The only one is responsible for their actions because they have a penis.

Seems like we should apply that to drunk driving with women, too, while we're at it. What's the difference, ya know?

Isnt it funny how as a society people always scream about equal treatment for minorities and women...but when it 'benefits' the minority or female, they are held to different standards and treated like lesser people not capable of making their own decisions?

The hypocrisy and irony is astounding.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-16, 11:29

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Isnt it funny how as a society people always scream about equal treatment for minorities and women...but when it 'benefits' the minority or female, they are held to different standards and treated like lesser people not capable of making their own decisions?

I'm more worried about which football team prosecuting attorney's might pull for. Therein lies the key to actual discrimination.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-16, 11:33

The_Dude wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I agree. It's why whenever I get a screaming feminist banshee in my face I tend to ask them which laws they're looking to change that discriminate against women but they refer to very vague things like "the patriarchy". There's a lot of parallels between neo-feminist and people like the BLM movement.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-16, 12:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

3. High profile defendant, prosecutor notes that in the press release. Why does that even factor in?
4. Investigation took 6 months, and the timing of the charges are questionable. If the evident is there why wait 6 months? Why wait until after April so it isn't going to be front page news?
5. Prosecutor is a known sex assault crime advocate, what a better opportunity to advance her agenda?
6. Look at all the crimes he's being charged with. Explain to me how false imprisonment is in there if the victim escaped mere hour later.

Today... in a very special Blanch post, he talks like a human being with actual thought behind his words.

affraid
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-16, 12:45

The_Dude wrote:http://www.wxyz.com/news/witness-says-she-saw-fmr-msu-spartan-star-mateen-cleaves-chase-woman-while-naked-on-day-of-assault

Based on that article, sounds like there is video cameras. Those should be pretty telling either way.

Why didn't the witness call 911? That would be the first damn thing I did.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-16, 12:48

I didn't realize the Dude/Douche hated Mateen so much. Although it isn't surprising coming from a UM fan.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 13:38

Death Roe wrote:I didn't realize the Dude/Douche hated Mateen so much. Although it isn't surprising coming from a UM fan.

I don't.

However, I don't give special treatment to him because he was an MSU athlete. Most people here are and it's kind of sick.

If Cleaves was a former UM player, every person here criticizing me would have buried the guy 6 feet under as soon as the news broke.

Too many people think sports are real life and its pathetic, really.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 13:40

The_Dude wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I didn't realize the Dude/Douche hated Mateen so much. Although it isn't surprising coming from a UM fan.

I don't.

However, I don't give special treatment to him because he was an MSU athlete. Most people here are and it's kind of sick.

If Cleaves was a former UM player, every person here criticizing me would have buried the guy 6 feet under as soon as the news broke.

But your "special treatment" is basically to convict him already.

Funny how that works.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 13:43

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I don't.

Funny how that works.

Yep, Ive read the witness report and there is video evidence.

Did you also not convict Ray Rice after the video came out? Still waited for his day in court? Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 13:54

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Funny how that works.

Did you also not convict Ray Rice after the video came out? Still waited for his day in court? Neutral

Wow. I tried to give you an out. I thought you would argue that I said you basically convicted him. But you just doubled down. Congrats.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-16, 13:55

The_Dude wrote:

Have you seen the video evidence or any other evidence?

(I asked this question on page 1 and was ignored, so I'm not expecting an answer this time around)?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 14:01

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Wow. I tried to give you an out. I thought you would argue that I said you basically convicted him. But you just doubled down. Congrats.

Tell me how everyone here including yourself would react if it was a UM player.

You won't answer, because you don't need to...it's an obvious answer.

I don't make exceptions for people based on where they played college ball. Others do. Oh well.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-16, 14:03

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Wow.  I tried to give you an out.  I thought you would argue that I said you basically convicted him.  But you just doubled down.  Congrats.

I don't make exceptions for people based on where they played college ball.  Others do.  Oh well.

Have you seen the video evidence or any other evidence?

And we're talking about how YOU are reacting. You convicted him already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-03-16, 15:05

Sounds like someone wanted to make this a big press event...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2016/03/16/prosecutor-blasts-back-door-arraignment-cleaves/81863872/

Cleaves' arraignment was originally set for Thursday, but it happened this morning in 67th District Court in Flint instead... Worthy said in a statement issued after the hearing. “There was an agreement with all of the parties that the defendant would turn himself in and be arraigned in open court‎ tomorrow (Thursday) - not for him to have a back door arraignment. The public has a right to know and frankly, I am extremely disappointed that this was handled so clandestinely today.”... But Cleaves’ attorney, Frank Manley, fired back and said there was no agreement with anyone. “She (Worthy) doesn’t set the terms of this,” he said when reached by phone this afternoon, adding that a press release and charges were issued without calling him, saying that belies any sense of transparency... The prosecutor’s office sent out an e-mail alerting media to the change this morning and said its office had “just been informed” of the date change. Some reporters made it to the hearing held in open court; others did not.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-16, 15:07

The_Dude wrote:

I don't.

I would say that nobody here takes MSU sports and the fine scholar athletes that play them as seriously as I do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-16, 15:31

The_Dude's motto is "Guilty until proven innocent."

POS human being.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-03-16, 16:17

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Funny how that works.

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Funny how that works.

Have you read any statement from Mateen? Seen the video evidence? Or just taking what the accuser says as fact?

Who here is giving him special treatment? Saying to wait until this plays out is special treatment? Pretty much everyone except you is following THE most basic tenet of this country's justice system (innocent until proven guilty), but you threw that tenet out the window based on one side of the argument. YOU are the only giving special treatment here. YOU are the sick one. Everyone else thinks he should be treated like EVERYONE ELSE has a right to be treated under the low.

In your twisted, fucked up mind, you'll probably take the above comment to mean that I'm saying that he should be allowed to do anything he wants to women.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-03-16, 16:22

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Wow.  I tried to give you an out.  I thought you would argue that I said you basically convicted him.  But you just doubled down.  Congrats.

I don't make exceptions for people based on where they played college ball.  Others do.  Oh well.

Gotcha, so you pretty much just convict everyone if they're arrested/charged at all?  You really are a fucked up son of a bitch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-16, 16:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Gotcha, so you pretty much just convict everyone if they're arrested/charged at all?  You really are a fucked up son of a bitch.

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 502811600
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 16:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 1966794946 I can't handle the irony of this board.

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on 2016-03-16, 17:04; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-16, 17:02

Blanch32 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Can someone give me a blanchlation, because I have no idea what this guy is asking me. TIA.

We are in agreement. I bashing tblude

Got it. That makes much more sense, even if The_Douche will never understand. He's too blinded by his hate for MSU and love of all things scum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-16, 17:04

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think it. I know it. He's proven that repeatedly. But well-played tossing it back in that POS's lap.

tDude doesn't even try to hide it anymore.

He is not smart enough to hide it, which is why is was so easy to see even when he was trying to hide it. The _Douche is a racist POS; he should just embrace it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-16, 17:06

I officially declare tDude winner of this thread. He put forth clear evidence supporting his claims while the losers threw unfounded insults towards him.  He is right, take off the green glasses. We have a couple bad apples, its not the end of the world.  Good job winning tDude! Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 992749028
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-16, 17:33

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:I officially declare tDude winner of this thread. He put forth clear evidence supporting his claims while the losers threw unfounded insults towards him.  He is right, take off the green glasses. We have a couple bad apples, its not the end of the world.  Good job winning tDude! Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 992749028

You hang from Trump's nuts. Your opinion doesn't count.  Sorry, broheim.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-03-16, 17:37

So apparently she was getting a ride back to the golf course from Cleaves while her boyfriend gave someone else a ride home (huh, what?) Then ends up at a dumpy motel (that's not a golf course) and "escapes" no less than 3 times with hardly any clothes on......

1.) I don't think cleaves was known as a defensive stalwart at MSU but he he couldn't keep a female victim in a motel on three occasions?

2.) How did we go from getting a ride from a bar to a golf course from a guy you met less than 12 hours earlier when you boyfriend was with you

3.) How did we go from ride to the golf course to naked in a hotel room?

I don't know man. This doesn't seem like a hard case to defend. Albeit not all the information is available and public.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-16, 17:50

The_Dude wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You sound like the UM nutjobs who think Hollis influenced the selection committee to screw everyone B1G team but MSU.

Mateen Not Guilty on all charges - Page 3 Z

So tinfoil hat is how you respond to each one of my points? Man uofm Dearborn is bad at making school
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-16, 17:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The witness tells us the woman tried escaping Room 121 three times, running outside with little to no clothes, but was allegedly chased down by a naked Cleaves.The witness also claimed it was all caught on surveillance video.

We talked to the owner of the motel, who confirmed detectives looked at surveillance, but wouldn't say if it led to any evidence.

As with a lot of things, only two people know what really happened. It's going to be played out in the court of public opinion where a lot of people already have their minds made up either way, unfortunately.

How did this witness know she"escaped " 3 times? Was the witness inside the room?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-16, 17:56

Nordic wrote:

Based on that article, sounds like there is video cameras. Those should be pretty telling either way.

Why didn't the witness call 911? That would be the first damn thing I did.

There's a naked Cleaves running around, 911 is not anyone's first instinct
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next