Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's up with the power plant on campus?

+6
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
xsanguine
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
10 posters

Go down

what's up with the power plant on campus?   Empty what's up with the power plant on campus?

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 11:00

Two days ago a huge spill at the power plant of sulfuric acid. Today and explosion and the campus has lost power. Anybody on campus confirm this?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

what's up with the power plant on campus?   Empty Re: what's up with the power plant on campus?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 11:11

What? I have heard nothing about any of this. I don't see anything on the internets.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

what's up with the power plant on campus?   Empty Re: what's up with the power plant on campus?

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 11:21

Here's the acid spill story. I'm just gettng texts about the lack of power so that won't be in the news just year I guess

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/04/06/sulfuric-acid-spilled-msu-power-plant/82696026/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 11:23

I suspect the ALF is responsible.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-04-07, 11:26

There was a fire at the surplus store the other day too
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 11:27

Terrorists?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 11:29

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/Power-outage-hits-MSU-campus-374903821.html

WILX has something now. Not much at all though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 11:30

hmmmmmmm I wonder if the explosion has anything to do with the surlfuric acid spill from two days ago? hmmmmmmm
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-07, 11:40

It's a MUTO

Godzilla is coming
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-07, 11:42

Probably done by the same hands that dumped Sparty's golf cart in the Red Cedar.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-07, 11:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:Probably done by the same hands that dumped Sparty's golf cart in the Red Cedar.

I was suspicioning a descendant of the raccoon of '79.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-07, 12:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Probably done by the same hands that dumped Sparty's golf cart in the Red Cedar.

I was suspicioning a descendant of  the raccoon of '79.
I should be remembering that based on the time frame, but I'm drawing a blank.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-07, 12:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I was suspicioning a descendant of  the raccoon of '79.
I should be remembering that based on the time frame, but I'm drawing a blank.

I know we had a power outage caused by an animal in '79.....I thought it was a raccoon, maybe a squirrel. I know we ran over to ShopRite and got a keg.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 12:10

No shit, why is it when there is a rare shut down of MSU's campus, snow storm in 80, power outage in 79, whatever, kids don't say "hey, lets catch up on sleep and studying", they all run to the nearest liquor store and enjoy God's gift with booze?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-07, 12:14

DWags wrote:No shit, why is it when there is a rare shut down of MSU's campus, snow storm in 80, power outage in 79, whatever, kids don't say "hey, lets catch up on sleep and studying", they all run to the nearest liquor store and enjoy God's gift with booze?

Not sure if serious
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-04-07, 20:00

LooseGoose wrote:

I was suspicioning a descendant of the raccoon of '79.

It was the Lou the deer
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-04-07, 20:36

So, was there an explosion? Was power out?

I'm too lazy to go searching
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 21:19

The Pantry wrote:So, was there an explosion? Was power out?

I'm too lazy to go searching

Yeah. Not all buildings. But sirens and shit as reported to my wife from my kid.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2016-04-07, 23:26

It was probably Izzo.

Didn't you spread some other bullshit here last week?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-04-08, 15:34

MSU campus community member:

Yesterday morning, the MSU campus experienced a major power outage due to the failure of a single distribution circuit. This started a domino effect at MSU’s T. B. Simon Power Plant and caused several circuits to trip. Many campus buildings were without power from 10 a.m. until approximately 11:45 a.m. when Infrastructure Planning and Facilities (IPF) crews restored power to all circuits on campus. MSU’s Emergency Operations Center was activated to facilitate the quick response to the event and communication to campus and the community.

IPF staff members responded swiftly and dispatched all necessary resources to resolve the problem. IPF is investigating the root cause of the failures and will correct the problems to ensure a continued high level of power reliability for campus.

We appreciate your patience during yesterday’s event as IPF staff members worked to restore power to campus, and we regret any inconvenience or distress you may have experienced during this unexpected outage.

We’d also like to thank everyone who responded with calmness, good humor and support during this event. It’s only by working together as a community that we can successfully weather these thankfully rare incidents.

Daniel J. Bollman

Associate VP for Strategic Infrastructure Planning and Facilities

Infrastructure Planning and Facilities

Michigan State University

Phone: 517.355.3366 | Fax: 517.353.6358

Dbollman@ipf.msu.eu | ipf.msu.edu
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down