Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver

+3
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Turtleneck
7 posters

Go down

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Empty Obama announces plan to stay in office forver

Post by Turtleneck Mon 2 May 2016 - 12:32

Obama said at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday that his family plans to stay in Washington for two years after his presidency ends so that their youngest daughter, Sasha, can finish high school.

"Our decision has actually presented a bit of a dilemma because traditionally presidents don't stick around after they're done. And it's something that I've been brooding about a little bit," Obama joked during the comedy routine at the dinner, using it to launch into a video about what he'd do after leaving office -- which featured Vice President Joe Biden and former House Speaker John Boehner.

He also joked that Michelle Obama is eager to "stay closer to her plot of carrots. She's already making plans to see them every day."

Clearly this is the start of a bid to subvert the Constitution and fulfill his wish to be a dictator and stay in office until death.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/malia-obama-college-decision-harvard-gap-year/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Empty Re: Obama announces plan to stay in office forver

Post by Rocinante Mon 2 May 2016 - 12:42

I wish.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Empty Re: Obama announces plan to stay in office forver

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 2 May 2016 - 12:54

history is going to view Barack Obama very favorably... definitely the best president of my lifetime.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 2 May 2016 - 13:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:history is going to view Barack Obama very favorably... definitely the best president of my lifetime.

But, Bob.... Chicago. Chicago.

I want you to think about that for a minute.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 2 May 2016 - 13:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:history is going to view Barack Obama very favorably... definitely the best president of my lifetime.

There is no way you were born after 1988.

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Reagan_film_landing
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 2 May 2016 - 13:34

Turtleneck wrote:

He might be able to plausibly deny that he was born after 1988, Turtleneck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 2 May 2016 - 14:01

Turtleneck wrote:

I don't support someone who raised taxes on Americans, presided over double-digit unemployment and allowed 7 separate attacks on US embassies and/or diplomatic facilities.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 2 May 2016 - 16:42

It would have been a lot cooler if Reagan had forced the Detroit media to tear down the blue wall rather than that dumb wall in Berlin. Tne Berlin Wall had nothing to do with UM and MSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 2 May 2016 - 17:00

I love Obama.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 2 May 2016 - 18:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I love Obama.

....and there it is....

What has Obama done that is so progressive? Certainly not the ACA. How about outside spending during the 2012 election? Obama was re-elected in 2012 with the support of hundreds of millions in SuperPAC expenditures. How about Superdelegates? Obama captured a vast majority of those evil superdelegates in 2008.

But when it comes to Hillary Clinton she is not progressive enough, has been bought by outside groups, and the superdelegate system has rigged the system in her favor. Don't worry. I get it. It was all good when it was Obama, but now a person with a vagina wants to be president. We can't let that happen.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 5 May 2016 - 11:31

Waiting for a response, OTPT. You love Obama but hate Clinton? Weird.

Obama supports the TPP and the ACA helped the insurance and pharmaceutical industries as much as anyone. But not being a true progressive is suddenly a crime? Obama needed the superdelegates to get a majority in 2008. But superdelegate support is suddenly a sign of a rigged system? Obama benefited from over $100 million in outside spending in 2012. But now SuperPAC money suddenly means your corrupt?

I am just wondering how we can explain the love for Obama and hate for Clinton when there are a lot of similarities.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:40; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 5 May 2016 - 12:00

How much do presidents really affect your life? Yes, some government programs might be initiated or cancelled that might hurt or help you out a bit, but outside of reintroducing the draft back in '69 presidents don't really do much to change my life.

This is all just theater. Sure, whoever is voted in might piss off other countries, but we're not going to be invaded anytime soon, so whatever guys. Let's go drink some cheap Coronas today.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 5 May 2016 - 12:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How much do presidents really affect your life? Yes, some government programs might be initiated or cancelled that might hurt or help you out a bit, but outside of reintroducing the draft back in '69 presidents don't really do much to change my life.

This is all just theater. Sure, whoever is voted in might piss off other countries, but we're not going to be invaded anytime soon, so whatever guys. Let's go drink some cheap Coronas today.

I'll just throw this out there. If Hillary is elected, will it alter our relationships with middle east countries? Is ISIS more likely to attempt strikes on U.S. soil if Hillary is elected?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 May 2016 - 12:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How much do presidents really affect your life? Yes, some government programs might be initiated or cancelled that might hurt or help you out a bit, but outside of reintroducing the draft back in '69 presidents don't really do much to change my life.

I'll just throw this out there. If Hillary is elected, will it alter our relationships with middle east countries? Is ISIS more likely to attempt strikes on U.S. soil if Hillary is elected?
less likely..

because a) Democrats are strong on foreign policy and are certainly no friend of ISIS or other extremists.. and b) ISIS needs a Trump presidency like they needed bu$h. Republicans are the marketing department for ISIS.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

less likely..

because a) Democrats are strong on foreign policy and are certainly no friend of ISIS or other extremists.. and b) ISIS needs a Trump presidency like they needed bu$h. Republicans are the marketing department for ISIS.

Well, they have that whole lack of respect for women thing going on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:less likely..

Well, they have that whole lack of respect for women thing going on.
yep- religious folks are an odd bunch..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:11

Turtleneck, though dickish at times, does have you there OTPT. A Clinton Presidency would be basically a continuation of the Obama presidency, although she is a bit more hawkish on national security.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:39

Floyd Robertson wrote:

She has the most hawkish foreign policy of anybody left. Our approach to Syria and ISIS will be far more agressive under Clinton.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 5 May 2016 - 13:44

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

She has the most hawkish foreign policy of anybody left. Our approach to Syria and ISIS will be far more agressive under Clinton.
this..

Hillary is basically center/right. I just support her because she drives the right wing knuckle-draggers absolutely insane.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 5 May 2016 - 14:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

this..

Hillary is basically center/right. I just support her because she drives the right wing knuckle-draggers absolutely insane.

Guy at a Cruz rally sitting behind me was wearing one of these...

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Hillary-KFC-badge
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 6 May 2016 - 12:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

this..

I still think, even though they would never ever admit it, that the best thing that could happen to the Republican Party is for them to absolutely get fist fucked by someone they have been actively trying to smear for years anticipating that she would run this year. It would be the biggest slap in their face wake up call.

Believe it or not I actually prefer having two strong parties instead of one that seems sort of competent and one obsessed with where people choose to go poop. I think they can work to balance each other out pretty well when functioning properly.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 6 May 2016 - 12:42

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this..

Guy at a Cruz rally sitting behind me was wearing one of these...

Obama announces plan to stay in office forver Hillary-KFC-badge
exactly...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down