Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan)

+3
Death Roe
Rocinante
Cosmo_Kramer
7 posters

Go down

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan) Empty "Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan)

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-16, 14:54

Looks interesting

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/videos/interstellar-trailer-details-space-voyage-after-earth-wasteland-20140516
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan) Empty Re: "Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan)

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-16, 18:36

Galactic Serotiny

I've often thought that the ultimate fate of humanity is the colonization of other worlds. Like we're the seed of this planet and will eventually be expelled like pine seeds in a fire.

Looks very interesting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan) Empty Re: "Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan)

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-16, 20:40

"Mankind was born on Earth. It was not meant to die here."

Very true quote, IMO.

Nolan's "non-Batman" films (Inception, Prestige, Memento) are my favorite works of his. This one will probably be one of the best films of the year. I fucking love space movies. Combine that with the Nolan Bros. and I'm sold.

And the concept is very interesting... and possibly a reality in the near future for us as a race.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-16, 20:40

Oh and totally calling that Chastain and Affleck are playing the older versions of Matty Ice's kids.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-16, 23:45

Death Roe wrote:"Mankind was born on Earth. It was not meant to die here."

Very true quote, IMO.

Nolan's "non-Batman" films (Inception, Prestige, Memento) are my favorite works of his. This one will probably be one of the best films of the year. I fucking love space movies. Combine that with the Nolan Bros. and I'm sold.

And the concept is very interesting... and possibly a reality in the near future for us as a race.

I agree with all of that about Nolan, brilliant filmmaker he is.

But mankind ain't getting out of this solar system without the help of someone far, far away from here. The USA can't even get to the ISS without catching a ride with the Russkies or a private company. We're going to die here unless someone takes us somewhere else.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2014-05-20, 22:57

This movie is going to be amazing. I think the script has been floating around on the internet for awhile, or at least I've seen people talk about some story details. I didn't read them, but it's going to be a wild ride.

The trailer apparently shows footage from just the first 20-25 min or so of the film.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-21, 10:49

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I agree with all of that about Nolan, brilliant filmmaker he is.

But mankind ain't getting out of this solar system without the help of someone far, far away from here.  The USA can't even get to the ISS without catching a ride with the Russkies or a private company.  We're going to die here unless someone takes us somewhere else.

People who don't believe other life exists are stupid to me. The Earth is a skid mark on the entire universe, a grain of sand on some larger being's fingernail.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan 2014-05-21, 10:57

The Galaxy is on Orion's belt.
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-21, 11:55

Ted Brogan wrote:The Galaxy is on Orion's belt.

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-6zp3CrkTHx8WV7YX-iW4ntGHpuYzkQQ-S9w2upJquT4Kvmke9g
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Coyote 2014-05-21, 15:21

FWIW, this was originally a Speilberg project back in 2006 with Nolan's brother writing the script (Nolan's brother co-writes a lot of Chris Nolan's stuff with him) before he turned it over to Chris Nolan to direct.

I've always been a fan of Nolan, even dating back to his first feature, "The Following". I think what makes his craft good is that his ideas aren't really crazy or deep or complex, but he is able to make the viewer feel like they are and feel like they are smart for figuring them out. Some would take that as a criticism, but I think it's a real strength; he's able to dumb down movies without making them feel dumbed down.

I think in recent years some of his movies have begun to feel more bloated (Lee Smith is his go to editor, who has done great work on other films like The Truman Show, but has tended to not leave enough on the cutting room floor IMO, both with TDKR, Inception, The Way Back, Master and Commander, etc; all good films, but a bit bloated). I'd like to see him try to keep this to 2 hours, but I have a feeling it'll be 2.5 hours+. I still bet it'll be a great movie though, he hasn't directed anything less than very good yet in his career, and this has all the makings of being more than that.
Space Coyote
Space Coyote
Perioikos

http://breakdownsport.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-21, 15:57

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

People who don't believe other life exists are stupid to me. The Earth is a skid mark on the entire universe, a grain of sand on some larger being's fingernail.

I agree, with billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, there has to be a lot out there. The only thing we know for sure is that it's very, very far away. At least that what Neil Degrasse Tyson believes, and I defer to him on these matters.

I'm holding out hope that we find some bad ass animals living in the oceans on the moon Titan that orbits Saturn.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-05-21, 15:58

Rodeo Burger wrote: At least that what Neil Degrasse Tyson believes, and I defer to him on these matters.

"Interstellar" Trailer (Chris Nolan) Funny-Neil-DeGrasse-science-universe_zps0b31ac5e
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat 2014-05-22, 09:09

who would win in a brain fight Neil Degrasse Junior High Tyson or Stephen Hawking?
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down