Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

+33
Wally Fairway
Bill Cain
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Da Mayor
TheReal_LWS
Senior Dickfist
aualum06
The Pantry
Frank Ricard
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Jake from State Farm
Oj
InTenSity
BleacherSwill
Nordic
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Triple Sparty
Rocinante
tGreenWay
By-Tor
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Empty Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-07-08, 21:24

A little crowded on the island yesterday.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Empty Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Guest 2016-07-08, 21:31

Triple Sparty wrote:A little crowded on the island yesterday.

Did you bring us some fudge to enjoy while we view your pictures?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-07-08, 21:38

Sorry, I forgot to pack the fudge.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-07-09, 04:07

Oj wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Was that taken at an RCMB tailgate?

I've never been to one, so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they look more like this:

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Awesom10

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 1966794946
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-10, 09:36

Move over Grand Hotel: Resort, hotel add choice to Mackinac

MACKINAC ISLAND — On the far side of the island, Liz Ware stands next to her bicycle in front of a gigantic construction site.
A run-down mansion is being remodeled into a 28-room luxury lodge.

A couple rides by on bikes and stops.

“Is this your house?” the man asks, eyes wide.

“Yes,” Ware says.

“Do you work on the island?” he asks.

“Yes,” Ware says.

The cyclists ride away. What Ware has not told them is that her family owns not only Mission Point Resort, the second-largest hotel on Mackinac Island, but she is restoring this old house, Silver Birches, as a luxury hotel to open next year.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 636034047050939886-Mission-Point-Mackinac-16-
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-11, 10:57

The Grand would like your vote...

Vote for Your Favorite Historic Hotel!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-11, 11:00

LooseGoose wrote:The Grand would like your vote...

it will always be #1 in my heart... so many great memories that will last a lifetime.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-11, 11:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The Grand would like your vote...

it will always be #1 in my heart... so many great memories that will last a lifetime.

Do you ever think to yourself "maybe I should blow up the grand hotel because no one will ever appreciate and love it the way that I do and other peoples presence there sullies the greatness of the grand hotel and the only want to save it is through its own destruction?"

Sometimes I think things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-11, 11:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Do you ever think to yourself "maybe I should blow up the grand hotel because no one will ever appreciate and love it the way that I do and other peoples presence there sullies the greatness of the grand hotel and the only want to save it is through its own destruction?"

sometimes you should maybe stop thinking things.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-11, 11:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

sometimes you should maybe stop thinking things.

You'll never understand then.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-05, 09:55

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 CpGa6XJUkAA2pwL

how I long to sip a carefully crafted microbrew on the sweeping veranda overlooking the majestic Straits of Mackinac..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-05, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 CpGa6XJUkAA2pwL

how I long to sip a carefully crafted microbrew on the sweeping veranda overlooking the majestic Straits of Mackinac..

I'm cool with that. In fact, I think they could put a brewpub at the bottom of the hill (instead of a sushi place), and market it as a place where beer has been brewed for 100's of years and islanders met throughout history to enjoy beer and eat fish n chips.

Maybe get some marketing tips from the Lansing Brewery (established in 1876 or whatever year they made up).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 08:38

what is your favorite part of the magical mystique of The Grand Hotel on historic Mackinac Island?

- is it a casual relaxing day with your favorite book on the windswept veranda overlooking the Straits of Mackinac?

- possibly the unmistakable clippity-clop of the horses on the historic island?

- the splish-splash of the waves as they crash down on the shores of our beautiful island.. providing us with the predictability and consistency dating back to our carefree lives as children.. in a shared moment with family?

- the soft, familiar giggles of young kids as they lap up ice cream or partake in that long-lived tradition of Mackinac Island fudge?

- the click-clack of the wooden-soled tassled loafers of men, holding the hand of their special ladies, as they meander down the wooden veranda in their best suits.. on their way to enjoy another enchanted dining experience in the main dining room?

if you're unfamiliar with any of these absolute Pure Michigan moments, I encourage you to make memories with your family while experiencing these spellbinding moments.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Article-2339857-1A4410B6000005DC-538_634x372
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-14, 10:21

Sushi is Grand on Mackinac Island

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 20915439-mmmain

Enter to win a free weekend stay at the Grand Hotel here.

MACKINAC ISLAND, MI -- Yes, folks. There is Sushi on Mackinac Island.

I know, you're used to fudge, ice cream, pizza, burgers, more fudge and even the famous Grand Pecan Ball at Grand Hotel.

This season the talk of the town (make that, the Island) has been All. About. Sushi.

More specifically, Sushi Grand, the newest restaurant from Grand Hotel and located right next to The Gate House, just a few steps down Grand hill (from The Big Porch), and a short bicycle ride from downtown Main Street.

"We've gotten so much positive feedback...so far so good," said general manager Travis Vartanian when Sushi Grand first opened in June.

That's because tourists who frequent Grand Hotel are excited about another dining option, as are local residents and Mackinac Island employees who are taking advantage of carry out and the Grab and Go menu items.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-14, 16:14

Someone left the riding the ferry part out of the directions to the island for Bob.

Man rescued after trying to swim from Mackinac Island
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-14, 20:18

LooseGoose wrote:Someone left the riding the ferry part out of the directions to the island for Bob.

I'm currently at Mission point. Told the kid, if I was drunk I think I'd convince myself I could make that. She said, I'm sober and I think I could.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-14, 20:37

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Someone left the riding the ferry part out of the directions to the island for Bob.

I'm currently at Mission point. Told the kid, if I was drunk I think I'd convince myself I could make that. She said, I'm sober and I think I could.

What day should I have your pie ready? Is Wakie with you? If not, how in the hell are you going to marry off your cell bill?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-14, 20:59

DWags wrote:

Just don't step in any horse shit, OK?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-14, 21:44

Ok. Mackinac is a funny place. The diversity of white people is amazing. I walked a lot, it's somewhat expensive if you want a horse ride. My buddy who stayed there for a few days said the night time atmosphere is pretty good though. I didn't really give a shit, my daughter had fun and my wife and I got to do some window shopping. It was crowded though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-14, 22:50

InTenSity wrote:my daughter had fun and my wife and I got to do some window shopping. It was crowded though.

The important part. Now some night you should spring the movie and some popcorn on them.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Somewhere-in-Time-Cropped-2-e1432054776757
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-15, 07:41

InTenSity wrote:Ok. Mackinac is a funny place. The diversity of white people is amazing. I walked a lot, it's somewhat expensive if you want a horse ride. My buddy who stayed there for a few days said the night time atmosphere is pretty good though. I didn't really give a shit, my daughter had fun and my wife and I got to do some window shopping. It was crowded though.
did you enjoy the clippity-clop of the horses and the splish-splash of the waves?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-15, 09:28

LooseGoose wrote:

The important part. Now some night you should spring the movie and some popcorn on them.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Somewhere-in-Time-Cropped-2-e1432054776757
Our friends had a good time. My wife and I were the only ones that didn't go to the fort. I forgot to take pictures of the Grand Hotel.

For Bob - I guess the clippity clop of the horses was just kinda background noise. Weather was nice, it was overcast and rained a little, so we didn't burn up walking around.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-15, 09:31

InTenSity wrote:
For Bob - I guess the clippity clop of the horses was just kinda background noise. Weather was nice, it was overcast and rained a little, so we didn't burn up walking around.
that's good.. I'm not a fan of the heat so I know where you're coming from.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-15, 09:42

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Our friends had a good time. My wife and I were the only ones that didn't go to the fort. I forgot to take pictures of the Grand Hotel.

Raining this morning. The dwags family bike race around the island will still commence at 11:15 am. Rain or shine. And I cheat like a mother fucjer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-15, 09:52

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Raining this morning. The dwags family bike race around the island will still commence at 11:15 am. Rain or shine. And I cheat like a mother fucjer.
sounds like a good warm up for the grueling dance-off.

good luck and GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-15, 12:46

Silver medal. Youngest won. College girl got bronze. Wife is still peddling. I let air out of the kids back tires too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-15, 12:49

DWags wrote:Silver medal. Youngest won.  College girl got bronze. Wife is still peddling. I let air out of the kids back tires too.
you should've done more EPO or taken other performance-enhancing measures.

oh - and how long was your ride??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-22, 13:56

anyone have any last-minute summer plans to visit the magical Grand Hotel? Maybe listen to the clippity-clop of horses while shopping for fudge?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-27, 11:39

Celebrate the Beauty of Fall at Grand Hotel
A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 GrandHotel-e1425492882754
Fall Bed and Breakfast
Select dates in September and October

This package is designed to provide greater dining flexibility for Grand Hotel guests. Package includes a full breakfast, accommodations for up to 4 people in one of our 390 uniquely-decorated guest rooms, and all resort amenities.

Standard Room (8/29–10/1): $375 pr/pn
Standard Room (10/2 – 10/29): $335 pr/pn
Lakeview Weekday: $859 per room, per night
Lakeview Weekend: $947 per room, per night
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-27, 12:17

Posting for Bob

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Thumb_COLOURBOX12685957
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-27, 12:20

Turtleneck wrote:Posting for Bob

Maybe you can answer this since you're channeling Bob today.

Considering the rates posted above, if everyone chose "non lakeview" rooms would the hotel be in danger of capsizing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-27, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Posting for Bob

Maybe you can answer this since you're channeling Bob today.

Considering the rates posted above, if everyone chose "non lakeview" rooms would the hotel be in danger of capsizing?

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-29, 08:03

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Blue-and-white

clippity-clop... sweeping veranda.. dining room.. fudge.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 13:21

History Weekend
October 7-9, 2016

During your stay, Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s historian and concierge, will take you on a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. Mr. Tagatz, named Historic Hotels of America 2014 Historian of the Year, is a natural story teller who will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s history and how the island and the hotel came to be what they are today.

Package Price:
Standard Room; $975 per couple, $875 single
Lakeview Room: $1,325 per couple, $1,225 single

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 13:26

LooseGoose wrote:History Weekend  
October 7-9, 2016

During your stay, Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s historian and concierge, will take you on a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. Mr. Tagatz, named  Historic Hotels of America 2014 Historian of the Year, is a natural story teller who will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s history and how the island and the hotel came to be what they are today.

Package Price:
Standard Room; $975 per couple, $875 single
Lakeview Room: $1,325 per couple, $1,225 single

here's a sneak peek of the audience at the Bob Tagatz Grand Hotel Story-Telling Extravaganza

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 Chameleons-Peter-Pan-2014-Audience
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-27, 17:02

Condé Nast Traveler Names Grand Hotel “A Top 10 Midwest Resort”

MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan –Condé Nast Traveler announced the results of its 29th annual Readers’ Choice Awards with Grand Hotel recognized as a Top 10 Midwest Resort.

The award marked the fourth consecutive year Grand Hotel was honored by the Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Award as a Top 10 Midwest Resort.

Grand Hotel was also named by Condé Nast Traveler earlier this year as One of the Most Beautiful Wedding Venues in the U.S.

Over 300,000 dedicated readers – nearly twice as many as last year -- cast votes for 7,394 hotels, 606 cities, 500 cruise ships, and 236 islands, in an average survey time of 8.4 minutes. The result? The 1,402 best travel experiences in the world
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-22, 13:48

Winners announced for 2016 Photo contest:

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 43OyfL1

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 CvBxigX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-22, 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:Winners announced for 2016 Photo contest:

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 43OyfL1

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 CvBxigX
man, I thought my photo of a fudge horse clippity-clopping around town.. with beaming geriatric onlookers.. stood a chance.

No
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-07, 20:16

The 660-foot Grand Hotel front porch, the world's longest, is getting a redo

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 22022721-standard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-08, 07:55

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 6 B57119DE-D55F-BDC7-DBD6E0601CFBF8FB
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next