Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

+33
Wally Fairway
Bill Cain
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Clarett's Folly
SawGreen
Da Mayor
TheReal_LWS
Senior Dickfist
aualum06
The Pantry
Frank Ricard
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Jake from State Farm
Oj
InTenSity
BleacherSwill
Nordic
tanfan!
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Triple Sparty
Rocinante
tGreenWay
By-Tor
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 Empty Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-14, 11:22

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that is truly frightening.

I'd say 96% of the time I wear boots.. the miscellaneous 4% is probably a pair of Adidas or vintage Sauconys.

Sandals are very comfy, then I found out mine have a bottle opener on the bottom, so they come in handy quite a bit.
we live in amazing times, that's for sure.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 Empty Re: A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel

Post by Guest 2017-08-18, 09:18

For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

10 things to do at Mackinac Island Fudge Festival 2017
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-08-18, 12:19

LooseGoose wrote:For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

Bob is going Up North?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-18, 12:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:For Bob and Greenie's big adventure....

Bob is going Up North?

Only to Mt. Pleasant
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-08-18, 12:23

aualum06 wrote:

Bob is going Up North?

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-08-18, 12:44

aualum06 wrote:

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Oh, okay. Mt Pleasant doesn't really qualify as Up North. I can only imagine the mental anguish it would put Bob through if he had to go as far as Clare, or maybe even Harrison.

The line between north and south passes through alma
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-18, 13:33

aualum06 wrote:

Only to Mt. Pleasant

Well, Clare is the Gateway to the North.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 13:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-18, 13:39

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 14:04

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-18, 14:50

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 16:24

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-18, 16:47

Turtleneck wrote:

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-08-18, 18:07

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 4113017228 Hey, you two need to just get a room already!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 19:40

Senior Dickfist wrote:A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 4113017228   Hey, you two need to just get a room already!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-17, 08:25

Put Mackinac Island on your bucket list, over and over again

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 23405596-mmmain

MACKINAC ISLAND, MI -- If Mackinac Island is a bucket list getaway (and it is, for people the world over), picture my bucket as one that is either jumbo-sized or has a slow leak.

Over the years, I've refilled that bucket with getaways of every form -- from romantic outings and girlfriend gatherings to chaperoning student field trips -- and in every season, mid-winter included.

On some trips, my luggage and I have settled into grand rooms at the Grand Hotel, on others, I've stretched out on a bunk bed in a budget B&B. Some outings have focused on food or fudge, others on history, bikes and hikes.

And while I've mostly donned casual clothes great for exploring, I've also gone true Victorian (for the annual "Somewhere in Time" weekend), dressing in authentic 1910-era bonnets and more.

The best trips, I've discovered, wrap in the island's history and lore, its striking geology and views and new perspectives, some gained quite literally by donning a different hat. There is always room in that bucket, I've found, for more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-18, 08:20

I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 GrandHotelAnniversary
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-18, 08:32

LooseGoose wrote:Put Mackinac Island on your bucket list, over and over again

MACKINAC ISLAND, MI -- If Mackinac Island is a bucket list getaway (and it is, for people the world over), picture my bucket as one that is either jumbo-sized or has a slow leak...

I don't think she understands what "bucket list" means and/or her bucket list has a big leak and/or her bucket list is filled with horse shit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 09:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.

You're looking older there than I had imagined you. I'll try to go easier on you knowing that.

PS - Tell the kid on the right to get a belt on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-18, 10:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine going through life and not experiencing the magic of The Grand Hotel.

You're looking older there than I had imagined you. I'll try to go easier on you knowing that.

PS - Tell the kid on the right to get a belt on.
A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:12

Hey Goose - bad news for that little slice of fudge and horse heaven.. white folks be violent.

Mackinac Island Ranked the 5th Most Violent City in Michigan

Mackinac Island -- Michigan's go-to destination for fudge and vacation relaxation --  was the fifth most violent city in the state, ahead of Flint, according to 2016 FBI crime statistics that were released earlier this month.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-03, 15:24

That's why I always pack heat when I go there Bob. You never know. If more people carried, there would be way less violence. And as far as the violence, just try getting the last piece of hot fudge standing in line right in front of a 15 year old kid who is 5'5" 235 lbs. You might not see the next day brah.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-03, 15:28

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 0e9fe3845755202d288204edbec884d3--michigan-water-michigan-travel
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:29

DWags wrote:That's why I always pack heat when I go there Bob.  You never know.  If more people carried, there would be way less violence.  And as far as the violence, just try getting the last piece of hot fudge standing in line right in front of a 15 year old kid who is 5'5" 235 lbs.  You might not see the next day brah.  
yeah, after seeing these FBI stats, I think the last place I wanna be is between a pre-diabetic 15 year old Croc-wearin' kid and a slice of fudge.

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-03, 15:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 0e9fe3845755202d288204edbec884d3--michigan-water-michigan-travel
this guy doesn't care where Up North starts.. he just cares about his fudge.. or else, you be trippin'.

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 300x300

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-16, 20:05

Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

MACKINAW CITY - Here's something you already knew. The Grand Hotel is one of the best resorts in the United States.

The staff at SmarterTravel, an online publication managed by TripAdvsor, know that, too, because they named the 393-room landmark on Mackinac Island one of the 12 best all-inclusive resorts in America on Nov. 14.

The Grand Hotel is listed alongside vacation destinations such as Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii, Vista Verde Ranch in Colorado, Skytop Lodge in Pennsylvania and Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-17, 07:40

LooseGoose wrote:Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

MACKINAW CITY - Here's something you already knew. The Grand Hotel is one of the best resorts in the United States.

The staff at SmarterTravel, an online publication managed by TripAdvsor, know that, too, because they named the 393-room landmark on Mackinac Island one of the 12 best all-inclusive resorts in America on Nov. 14.

The Grand Hotel is listed alongside vacation destinations such as Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii, Vista Verde Ranch in Colorado, Skytop Lodge in Pennsylvania and Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.
it's at the very top of my list.

in fact, I'm having my suit pressed and my penny loafers shined as I type this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-17, 07:51

LooseGoose wrote:Mackinac Island's Grand Hotel on list of best all-inclusive resorts in America

How many resorts make you pay for breakfast and dinner?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 14:23

Get Ready Bob~!!

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 SLqqr3E

We have many grand gift offers coming your way!

Stay tuned for Cyber Monday, grand gift idea specials and an exclusive offer for our e-club members only.

Visit our online store for gift ideas to bring Grand Hotel into your home, such as Grand Hotel ornaments, glassware and Marlee's art.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 14:28

LooseGoose wrote:Get Ready Bob~!!

We have many grand gift offers coming your way!

Stay tuned for Cyber Monday, grand gift idea specials and an exclusive offer for our e-club members only.

Visit our online store for gift ideas to bring Grand Hotel into your home, such as Grand Hotel ornaments, glassware and  Marlee's art.
that picture makes me smile..

the rocking of the chairs.. the clippty-clop of the horses.. the splish-splashing of the waves.. the sounds the fudge-eaters joints make as they attempt to climb a flight of stairs..

already looking forward to the careless summer days spent on the windswept veranda next year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-21, 14:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Get Ready Bob~!!

the rocking of the chairs.. the clippty-clop of the horses.. the splish-splashing of the waves.. the sounds the fudge-eaters joints make as they attempt to climb a flight of stairs..

already looking forward to the careless summer days spent on the windswept veranda next year.

It's truly magical.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 14:47

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's truly magical.
so is a hip replacement.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-21, 14:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's truly magical.
so is a hip replacement.

I simply must give Grand Hotel CHRISTmas tree ornaments to family and friends this year, as a pre-gift gift.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 15:01

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: so is a hip replacement.

I simply must give Grand Hotel CHRISTmas tree ornaments to family and friends this year, as a pre-gift gift.
I'm gonna give my Grand Hotel friends all an insulin pump this year to celebrate the birth of christ.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-11-21, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm gonna give my Grand Hotel friends all an insulin pump this year to celebrate the birth of christ.

It's weird, for all the time I spent in the Northern Lower and the few times I've been on the island, I've yet to eat fudge. Im more proud of having never purchased one of the ten million styles of fug t-shirts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-21, 15:51

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's weird, for all the time I spent in the Northern Lower and the few times I've been on the island, I've yet to eat fudge. Im more proud of having never purchased one of the ten million styles of fug t-shirts.

Make sure it is fudge. A lot of horses on that island................
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-07, 07:56

Just for my dear friend Bob. Combines 2 of his favorite activities, being up north and snowmobiling.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-03-07, 08:02

LooseGoose wrote:Just for my dear friend Bob. Combines 2 of his favorite activities, being up north and snowmobiling.

Granted, winter seems like a more appealing time to be there. I could probably find other places to be though.

Thanks for thinking of me!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-25, 12:00

Just in case Bob checks in.....1:30pm on PBS today.

"The Island: Mackinac in Seasons"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-12, 07:32

A Michigan Treasure - The Grand Hotel - Page 8 Lilac9-300x200

Come visit during one of Mackinac Island’s most beautiful times of the year!

The 70th Annual Lilac Festival on Mackinac Island is a ten day festival held in honor of the flower Mackinac Island is known for. The lilac is a spectacular variety with a distinct history. In fact some are more than 200 years old. We invite you to come join the celebration and experience the splendor of the lilac as they are in bloom throughout the island.

Grand Hotel Lilac Festival Package
Dates of Availability: June 8 - June 17, 2018
Package Price:
Standard: $575 per couple, per night
$500 single, per night
Lakeview: $899 per couple, per night
$824 single, per night
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next