Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment

+4
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
xsanguine
kingstonlake
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  Empty Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment

Post by kingstonlake 2016-05-28, 13:56

http://www.abc12.com/home/headlines/Flushing-students-sent-home-for-wearing-controversial-T-shirt-381164841.html?c=y&device=phone

Bob would be proud of this kid exercising his right of freedom of speech.  Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  3493939353

Andrew Eichorn received an NRA T-shirt as a Christmas present. On the back, it reads: “Keep calm and carry guns.” He wore it for the first time May 18 when he went to classes at Flushing High School.

During third hour, the 18-year-old senior was called to the office by assistant principal Deborah Goldstein, who said the shirt violated the school's dress code.

"I started to explain to her, ‘How does this violate the dress code?’ She said, ‘It promotes weapons and violence,’” Andrew said.

She came to me and said, ‘Well, you're not going back to class unless you change or remove your shirt,’" Andrew said.

He refused to comply and was told to go home for the rest of the day.

"I have a First Amendment right, freedom of speech and a Second Amendment right to carry guns," Andrew said.

He's familiar with guns and is captain of the school's skeet team.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  Empty Re: Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:06

Guns didn't exist when the 2nd amendment was drafted therefore moot point. It was only muskets and daggers, amirite?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  Empty Re: Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-28, 14:09

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  1486952199 Good for him. Too bad SCOTUS didn't see fit to allow Bong hits for Jesus a few years back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 14:12

I'd share an opium laced joint with Jesus.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 14:13

tGreenWay wrote:Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  1486952199 Good for him. Too bad SCOTUS didn't see fit to allow Bong hits for Jesus a few years back.

Because government hates weed and loves the devil.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-05-28, 14:51

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  1486952199 Good for him. Too bad SCOTUS didn't see fit to allow Bong hits for Jesus a few years back.

Because government hates weed and loves the devil.

Gubmint has its own patent on weed--the hypocrites.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-05-28, 15:00

Dude. This has been rehashed a million times. Remember spuds McKenzie?

When I was in high school they banned those (Lansing Eastern class of 93, bitches).

Nobody batted an eye then, BUT, There have been numerous lawsuits over this and it's always come out that high schools could regulate speech to maintain a neutral environment.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:02

Rocinante wrote:Dude. This has been rehashed a million times. Remember spuds McKenzie?

When I was in high school they banned those (Lansing Eastern class of 93, bitches).

Nobody batted an eye then, BUT, There have been numerous lawsuits over this and it's always come out that high schools could regulate speech to maintain a neutral environment.

Tinker v. Des Moines
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-28, 15:04

Rocinante wrote:Dude. This has been rehashed a million times. Remember spuds McKenzie?

Yeah but this has to do with guns so it's different
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:15

The best way to create a society is to regulate the speech of individuals in their growing stages.

#Statism
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:15

I'm just glad government is able to decide for others what is the best use of their speech. What would we do without coercion?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Actually it might be. Contrary to Roc's claim, schools do not have absolute authority over a student's speech. If considered to be symbolic speech - conveying a political message - the school has less room to "silence" a student. As I wrote above, in Tinker v. Des Moines, SCOTUS found in favor of students who were told to remove black arm bands worn in protest of the Vietnam war.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-28, 15:40

Turtleneck wrote:

Actually it might be. Contrary to Roc's claim, schools do not have absolute authority over a student's speech. If considered to be symbolic speech - conveying a political message - the school has less room to "silence" a student. As I wrote above, in Tinker v. Des Moines, SCOTUS found in favor of students who were told to remove black arm bands worn in protest of the Vietnam war.

Im going to be honest.... This is one of those issues I truly don't care about like at all. Whatever. Let some high school kid wear a shirt. Or don't. Whatever. I don't care.

I'm not one of those types that is going to pretend to really give a shit about every issue as if it impacts me. What high school kids are wearing is pretty low on my list of things. So is where people poop. And immigration for unskilled laborers.

Sorry I posted in it. I truly have nothing to add. I'm the worst.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:41

Turtleneck wrote:

Sounds like freedom and liberty to me, Turtleneck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:42

Turtleneck wrote:

Im going to be honest.... This is one of those issues I truly don't care about like at all. Whatever. Let some high school kid wear a shirt. Or don't. Whatever. I don't care.

I'm not one of those types that is going to pretend to really give a shit about every issue as if it impacts me. What high school kids are wearing is pretty low on my list of things. So is where people poop. And immigration for unskilled laborers.

Immigrants for unskilled labor are the shit, Travis. How dare you.

Immigrants exemplify using your abilities to make a better life for yourself. Donald Trump is an idiot. Don't be like Donald, Travis.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-28, 15:45

xsanguine wrote:

Immigrants exemplify using your abilities to make a better life for yourself. Donald Trump is an idiot. Don't be like Donald, Travis.

Nah, I live in Michigan. I don't really care. If I lived in Texas id probably care. But I live in Michigan. I also have skills and a skilled job. The impact that whole thing has on me is minimal at best. Do whatever. I'd prefer we not spend billions on a wall that I would see no tangible benefit of. But beyond that- whatever. I don't really care that much.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:48

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

How do you know what freedom and liberty are if, as you claim, you have never experienced either of them? How do you what they are if there is no history of them since the inception of the modern state system? If that is the case, that there is no history, how do you even know they are obtainable?  

By the way, they are called the Red Raiders and made the boy's basketball state championship game a couple of times in the early 2000s. Start talking about that and the locals will love you. Don't let anybody try to convince you to jump the bridge.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:49

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

How do you know what freedom and liberty are if, as you claim, you have never experienced either of them? How do you what they are if there is not history of them since the inception of the modern state system? If that is the case, that there is no history, how do you even know they are obtainable?

By the way, they are called the Red Raiders and made the boy's basketball state championship game a couple of times in the early 2000s. Start talking about that and the locals will love you. Don't let anybody try to convince you to jump the bridge.

I know what freedom is because I live outside of that statist bubble as much as possible. I make sure to pay as little taxes as possible and hide as much income from the IRS as possible.

Let's fight, Turtleneck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:51

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

How do you know what freedom and liberty are if, as you claim, you have never experienced either of them? How do you what they are if there is not history of them since the inception of the modern state system? If that is the case, that there is no history, how do you even know they are obtainable?

I know what freedom is because I live outside of that statist bubble as much as possible
. I make sure to pay as little taxes as possible and hide as much income from the IRS as possible.

Let's fight, Turtleneck.

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  502811600 Keep telling yourself that, X.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:51

xsanguine wrote:

Nah, I live in Michigan. I don't really care. If I lived in Texas id probably care. But I live in Michigan. I also have skills and a skilled job. The impact that whole thing has on me is minimal at best. Do whatever. I'd prefer we not spend billions on a wall that I would see no tangible benefit of. But beyond that- whatever. I don't really care that much.

I live in Michigan, too, Travis of the Cosmos. Ever been to the orchards of west Michigan? Tons of immigrant communities. My grandfather-in-law runs an immigrant camp just north of Grand Rapids where they deal with apples and all sorts of fruits. Those guys are the shit. Hard work and no complaints. I volunteer my time to helping build even better living quarters for them when he asks. They used to live on dirt floors and what not. We build housing for them and shiznit. I love immigrants. They will Make America Great Again.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:52

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I know what freedom is because I live outside of that statist bubble as much as possible
. I make sure to pay as little taxes as possible and hide as much income from the IRS as possible.

Let's fight, Turtleneck.

Flushing teen takes school district to class on 1st and 2nd amendment  502811600 Keep telling yourself that, X.

Are you doubting me, Turtleneck?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:53

Maybe you should post a Vox article explaining how I am wrong. Ultimate trump card.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:55

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Are you doubting me, Turtleneck?

You live in a suburb, right? You are about as inside the bubble as you can get. You're so inside the bubble we might have to change your name from Xsanguine to Bubble Boy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 15:55

xsanguine wrote:Maybe you should post a Vox article explaining how I am wrong. Ultimate trump card.

Maybe you should learn how to read Blanch 2.0
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:56

Fuck you guys talking shit about immigrants. They'll work circles around you A/C "working" fucks. Shuffle some more papers, honkies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:57

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Maybe you should post a Vox article explaining how I am wrong. Ultimate trump card.

Maybe you should learn how to read Blanch 2.0

If Blanch is all about immigrants he has my vote.

#noborders
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:57

I do appreciate white people's advances in modern medicine, though.

Don't taze me, bro!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 15:59

I dare you peckerwoods to work alongside immigrants. If it involves actual "work", you'll be asking for more breaks and water. You'll fail while they're finishing the house you're being paid to build.

#WhitePeopleSuckAtActualWork
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 16:00

I have to go to a wedding now. I hope I don't get pulled over but the white male patriarchy.

See ya later!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-28, 16:00

But = by
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-28, 16:01

xsanguine wrote:

I live in Michigan, too, Travis of the Cosmos. Ever been to the orchards of west Michigan? Tons of immigrant communities. My grandfather-in-law runs an immigrant camp just north of Grand Rapids where they deal with apples and all sorts of fruits. Those guys are the shit. Hard work and no complaints. I volunteer my time to helping build even better living quarters for them when he asks. They used to live on dirt floors and what not. We build housing for them and shiznit. I love immigrants. They will Make America Great Again.

No, I haven't. So I don't really care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-05-28, 16:03

xsanguine wrote:Fuck you guys talking shit about immigrants. They'll work circles around you A/C "working" fucks. Shuffle some more papers, honkies.

No one is talking shit xsang.

Actually, if anything, I'm talking shit about people that pretend every issue is their number 1 thing that they care about. Inevitably most people really shouldn't care at all about several issues. Immigration is one of those for me. It's just an example buddy. There are others.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-28, 16:07

xsanguine wrote:I dare you peckerwoods to work alongside immigrants. If it involves actual "work", you'll be asking for more breaks and water. You'll fail while they're finishing the house you're being paid to build.

City folk like you have never worked a day in your life. And I have worked side-by-side with immigrants.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-05-28, 17:26

xsanguine wrote:

The best way to create a society is to regulate the speech of individuals in their growing stages.

#Statism

In one of those useless admin masters classes I remember it being explained that the other kids have to be in school so captive audience or something like that. Fuck I'd have told everybody not to make a big deal of it and the kid wouldn't be wearing it but a couple more times. Now the dumb ass gave the kid a venue and your time is usurped by stupid fucking t-shirts.

If it didn't have a penis a vagina or advocate drugs on it, let it go. Maybe even let the drugs go. Kids like that want you to get pissef. Fuck em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-05-28, 17:27

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I dare you peckerwoods to work alongside immigrants. If it involves actual "work", you'll be asking for more breaks and water. You'll fail while they're finishing the house you're being paid to build.

City folk like you have never worked a day in your life. And I have worked side-by-side with immigrants.

We're any of them hookers?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-29, 00:15

Turtleneck wrote:

Sure have, Turtleneck. Muh ol lady is one of them Hispanola's. I've done plenty of roofs with people I can't communicate with in the English language.

As opposed to you telling some maid what to do with your unmentionables. That's your extent of working with immigrants... TURTLENECK
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-29, 00:19

xsanguine wrote:Fuck you guys talking shit about immigrants. They'll work circles around you A/C "working" fucks. Shuffle some more papers, honkies.

No one is talking shit xsang.

Actually, if anything, I'm talking shit about people that pretend every issue is their number 1 thing that they care about. Inevitably most people really shouldn't care at all about several issues. Immigration is one of those for me. It's just an example buddy. There are others.

Stop talking smack, Travis of the Racists
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-29, 00:43

Oh, wow, you worked on a roof once. What a working man you are! #cityslicker
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-30, 11:16

Turtleneck wrote:Oh, wow, you worked on a roof once. What a working man you are! #cityslicker

I still help out on roofs, Turtleneck. When's the last time you've even encountered a non-white?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-05-30, 11:20

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Oh, wow, you worked on a roof once. What a working man you are! #cityslicker

I still help out on roofs, Turtleneck. When's the last time you've even encountered a non-white?

Every single day, X.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next