Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!!

+3
Other Teams Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
Floyd Robertson
7 posters

Go down

An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!! Empty An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!!

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016 - 16:03

Finally a 3rd party we can all support:

An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!! 6pnYQUv
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!! Empty Re: An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!!

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 30 May 2016 - 16:04

Saw this yesterday lmao
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!! Empty Re: An exciting new Candidate enters the race!!!

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon 30 May 2016 - 16:08

Sign me up.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 30 May 2016 - 16:41

I don't want to die, you guys.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 30 May 2016 - 16:47

It's got my vote.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 30 May 2016 - 17:03

People seriously overvalue how much of an impact this stuff actually has on most of our lives. In this case:

Clinton- minimal to no impact on 99% of people.
Trump- admittedly a wild card. I can't say he won't have an impact because who the hell knows what he might do.

Honestly, if you think about the last several elections, how many of them would have had an impact on any of our lives if it went the other way? (Other than the butterfly effect.) For me- probably Obama in 08 just because of the industry I'm in and the economic conditions at the time. Other than that one, I honestly think I'd be in more or less the same spot no matter what happened in any presidential election in my adult life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon 30 May 2016 - 17:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:People seriously overvalue how much of an impact this stuff actually has on most of our lives. In this case:

Trump- admittedly a wild card. I can't say he won't have an impact because who the hell knows what he might do.

Honestly, if you think about the last several elections, how many of them would have had an impact on any of our lives if it went the other way? (Other than the butterfly effect.) For me- probably Obama in 08 just because of the industry I'm in and the economic conditions at the time. Other than that one, I honestly think I'd be in more or less the same spot no matter what happened in any presidential election in my adult life.

It exists as a vehicle for us to treat each other badly, Travis. We vote as a means to show everyone what it is we believe because we're insecure beings floating through space on a rock and want to ignore our own mortality.

Humans are just glorified apes and want to hire someone else to be their leader and control everyone on what we believe is our behalf.

tl;dr - Humans are parasites.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 30 May 2016 - 18:45

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:People seriously overvalue how much of an impact this stuff actually has on most of our lives. In this case:

It exists as a vehicle for us to treat each other badly, Travis. We vote as a means to show everyone what it is we believe because we're insecure beings floating through space on a rock and want to ignore our own mortality.

Humans are just glorified apes and want to hire someone else to be their leader and control everyone on what we believe is our behalf.

I don't think I'd go that far, but I would say that it turns into a sport more than anything else for people most of the time. Like, they become so obsessed with their side winning that they lose sight of if it even matters to them or not. Bob will dig on that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016 - 18:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think I'd go that far, but I would say that it turns into a sport more than anything else for people most of the time. Like, they become so obsessed with their side winning that they lose sight of if it even matters to them or not. Bob will dig on that.

Bob will assure you he doesn't have a side, that's it completely coincidental that he lands on one side 100% of the time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon 30 May 2016 - 19:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I don't think I'd go that far, but I would say that it turns into a sport more than anything else for people most of the time. Like, they become so obsessed with their side winning that they lose sight of if it even matters to them or not. Bob will dig on that.

Don't be a coward, Travis. Go that far. It feels good, breh.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 30 May 2016 - 19:47

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Don't be a simpleton, X. Life is more than a bunch of idealistic notions of freedom. Life is about dealing with other people and their needs and wants and the coming together of people into a society that makes decisions based on shared ideals.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 30 May 2016 - 19:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think I'd go that far, but I would say that it turns into a sport more than anything else for people most of the time. Like, they become so obsessed with their side winning that they lose sight of if it even matters to them or not. Bob will dig on that.

Bob will assure you he doesn't have a side, that's it completely coincidental that he lands on one side 100% of the time.

Well, I more was referring to the whole "sports doesn't actually impact your life just like politics doesn't" concept.

They both bring the same fleeting joy of "my side won!" But at the end of the day they probably don't actually make a difference in your life.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon 30 May 2016 - 20:06

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Don't be a simpleton, X. Life is more than a bunch of idealistic notions of freedom. Life is about dealing with other people and their needs and wants and the coming together of people into a society that makes decisions based on shared ideals.

Our shared ideals... heh.

Do we have shared skills, or shared intelligence? No. All of these ethics are based on the individual and when the individual has freedom and liberty collectively they do great things.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down