Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder

+4
The Pantry
Cameron
DWags
Rocinante
8 posters

Go down

This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder Empty This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-18, 00:19

Any tips on dealing with it? She's pretty upset.

never had a dog that gave a shit about it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder Empty Re: This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder

Post by DWags 2016-06-18, 00:25

. From an article posted on the bottom

Consider a snug garment.
Snug-fitting shirts and wraps especially designed to calm anxious dogs are worth a try, says Sherman, who has consulted for Thundershirt, a so-called pressure garment that is said to have a calming effect similar to swaddling a baby. Some dogs also respond to wearing a metal fabric-lined cape marketed as the Storm Defender, which claims to protect dogs from static shocks.

So far, the benefits of these garments are anecdotal. A 2009 study found "there was a trend toward the Storm Defender performing better" than a placebo cape, but the results were statistically insignificant, said study author Nicole Cottam, MS, behavior service coordinator at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. Tufts researchers are currently performing a study sponsored by the makers of Anxiety Wrap, another compression garment.Skip down to where it says consider a snug treatment.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder Empty Re: This dog I'm watching is freaking out about thunder

Post by Cameron 2016-06-18, 02:00

One of my dogs is scared of thunder storms. She does better in rooms with no windows (doesn't like the lightning flashes), and she likes being near the washer/drier if they're running (noise drowns out the storm sounds a bit).
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-18, 03:48

DWags wrote:. From an article posted on the bottom

Consider a snug garment.
Snug-fitting shirts and wraps especially designed to calm anxious dogs are worth a try, says Sherman, who has consulted for Thundershirt, a so-called pressure garment that is said to have a calming effect similar to swaddling a baby. Some dogs also respond to wearing a metal fabric-lined cape marketed as the Storm Defender, which claims to protect dogs from static shocks.

So far, the benefits of these garments are anecdotal. A 2009 study found "there was a trend toward the Storm Defender performing better" than a placebo cape, but the results were statistically insignificant, said study author Nicole Cottam, MS, behavior service coordinator at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. Tufts researchers are currently performing a study sponsored by the makers of Anxiety Wrap, another compression garment.Skip down to where it says consider a snug treatment.

Lol. I ended up laying on top of her and she seemed to like that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-06-18, 05:04

Rocinante wrote:Any tips on dealing with it? She's pretty upset.

never had a dog that gave a shit about it.
Probably one of this breed...

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-18, 10:09

Rocinante wrote:

Consider a snug garment.

Did you smother her? Being dead isn't the same thing as calming down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-06-18, 10:25

Rocinante wrote:

Consider a snug garment.

Did you get laid? Noice!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-18, 10:29

So glad you're not on the Co9. Freak.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-18, 10:47

Do you have any Chinese food restaurants in Wyoming?

#GBW4L
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-18, 12:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you have any Chinese food restaurants in Wyoming?

#GBW4L

Not funny. Murder jokes not needed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-18, 13:38

Turtleneck wrote:So glad you're not on the Co9. Freak.

Oh look everybody, Turtleneck said something snarky referencing things in other threads. How novel.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-18, 14:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you have any Chinese food restaurants in Wyoming?

#GBW4L

It's in the same building as the lone escalator.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-18, 15:14

When does the next season of Longmire come out?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-18, 19:33

Oh look. He did it again. He's such a delight.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down