Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?

+5
NigelUno
xsanguine
BleacherSwill
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
9 posters

Go down

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?  Empty Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Top of the page gives details about salary bumps for Alabama asst. coaches. S&C coach is getting a $100k bump to 525k annually.

Then it revisits MSU hiring Saban. I had never heard this quote:

“I’m not anticipating any additional contact from the administration at Michigan State. It appears that they have made their decision, and I respect that. I thought Michigan State would be a very special situation for me and my family, and I thought my record would speak for itself. But I won’t permit myself to get frustrated because I’m confident I’ll get my opportunity to become a head coach either at the college or professional level.”

Displaying the same penchant for misdirection that would one day get him into trouble, Saban provided that quote on the same day Michigan State chose him as its next head coach.

http://footballscoop.com/news/alabama-raises-are-in/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?  Empty Re: Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 pm

When was this TN? Want to give us a date without having to click the fucking article, Moran?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?  Empty Re: Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When was this TN? Want to give us a date without having to click the fucking article, Moran?

You don't need a date. You know or you don't know, dipshit.

Actually, you probably didn't know Saban was once the head coach at MSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:42 pm

WGAF?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 pm

I was in the backseat of your mother's car. With your mother.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm

I was at work.

I cried.

I knew that I had seen the future of college football and it's name was Nick Saban.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I was at work.

I cried.

I knew that I had seen the future of college football and it's name was Nick Saban.

Who was his competition for the job? I was too young to care or really even notice at the time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I was at work.

I cried.

Who was his competition for the job? I was too young to care or really even notice at the time.

I thought at one point we were (maybe) going to hire some guy from Penn State.  Not sure if that's when Saban was hired or not.

Edit:  Yep.  That was it.  

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_d20c2899-1d53-53a7-8002-3a96b9644398.html

When Penn State visits Michigan State next year, Nittany Lion Coach Joe Paterno will not be going head-to-head against Fran Ganter, his long-time assistant and the Lions' current offensive coordinator.

But he could have.

Michigan State's offer to make Ganter the Spartans' 20th head football coach in school history and take over for George Perles -- the school's coach for the last 12 years -- could not entice Ganter to leave Happy Valley.

"We always joked Franny was dropped off as a freshman and never went home," center Bucky Greeley said.

For the 25th straight year, Paterno and Ganter will be together on Penn State's coaching staff. Michigan State offered the job to the Cleveland Browns' Defensive Coordinator Nick Saban, who accepted the position.

Ganter said he almost took the job at Michigan State. In a prepared statement, he said he "went to bed Thursday night figuring (he) was going to go."

But that changed. Ganter said he "tossed and turned all night" before getting up at about 4:30 a.m. Friday, when he decided he was staying with the Lions.

"I met with Joe (Paterno) and then I called the (Michigan State) president, and told him I appreciated the interest and that they were good people, but that I wasn't interested," Ganter said.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When was this TN? Want to give us a date without having to click the fucking article, Moran?

For us too young, a date would be nice.

But - keep bragging about being old, fuckface.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh- I want to guess. Hired 95 left 99?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?  Albund10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:44 pm

BleacherSwill wrote:WGAF?

This
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Just so I have got this straight, you are not yet old enough to look anything up on your own and needed somebody to tell you the year Saban was hired?

Where where you the moment MSU hired Saban?  1937309_1437683067
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:48 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Just so I have got this straight, you are not yet old enough to look anything up on your own and needed somebody to tell you the year Saban was hired?

Didn't look at it. Dude I was posting on vbulletin when I was young as hell. Bite me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Didn't look at it. Dude I was posting on vbulletin when I was young as hell. Bite me.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 am

I was in 7th grade I think. Fran would have been a flop. Wish we had Osborne instead. Good to know Saban was our 3rd choice
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:18 am

In section 27, row 63 on Oct 15, 1994 at about 3pm while looking at the scoreboard: OSU 27- MSU 7.

There was no other choice.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down