Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass killing in Memphis

+4
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass killing in Memphis Empty Mass killing in Memphis

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 pm

How does the NKA allow this to continue??

4 'babies' stabbed in Memphis; mother reportedly charged

The mother of four children who authorities say were fatally stabbed in a suburban Memphis apartment complex has been charged in their deaths, a news report said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mass killing in Memphis Empty Re: Mass killing in Memphis

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Loose feeling extra piece of shitty on this holiday weekend! Bravo!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:14 pm

I've had this and the gun problem helped, not solved, months ago. Mental health in America. Triple fund it.

Thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Ah the old idiotic "they'll just kill people some other way" argument.

Tell you what goose. Let's make a bet. We'll get rid of all the guns and if you're right and murder rates don't go down within a few years, I'll buy you a snowcone. If they do go down, you buy me a snowcone. Deal?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ah the old idiotic "they'll just kill people some other way" argument.

Tell you what goose. Let's make a bet. We'll get rid of all the guns and if you're right and murder rates don't go down within a few years, I'll buy you a snowcone. If they do go down, you buy me a snowcone. Deal?

Murder rates have been dropping for the last 25 years and guns have become more common in that same time. But you'll credit the outcome on your desire to force your will onto others.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:08 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Ah the old idiotic "they'll just kill people some other way" argument.

Murder rates have been dropping for the last 25 years and guns have become more common in that same time. But you'll credit the outcome on your desire to force your will onto others.

Correlation does not equal causation, but you know that.

Also, murder rates are still way way way too high.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Correlation does not equal causation, but you know that.

My point is all that has to happen is for the trend to continue for you to think your correlation does equal causation. And the trend has been trending in the direction is has for an entire generation with an increase in firearms... so your whole challenge is predicated on an extreme reversal of trends for your opponent to "win". All that has to happen for you is for everything to continue the way it has with the infinite amount of variables that would affect the trend in either direction. So your challenge is based on correlation equaling causation but in your favor... when any honest individual would be able to look at the situation should this theoretically be possible to test and know it had a negligible effect. But you would champion it as proving your theory right.

Let's also be honest... your theory boils down to more government control equals a safer society and that that is preferable to a free society.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:35 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Cages!!! People in the cages!!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Roe v Wade.

Not that hard to figure out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:19 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Roe v Wade.

Not that hard to figure out.

Correlation/causation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You're right, comrade. I should obscure my opinions and only critique the opinions of others, my fuhrer.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:41 pm

I'm thinking of adding this to my sig... this is gold.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:14 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're right, comrade. I should obscure my opinions and only critique the opinions of others, my fuhrer.

I have put my opinions out there so that line falls on deaf ears.

You are not familiar with the ideas behind what you often argue, nor do you bother thinking through the consequences. You just want to aimlessly argue. When pushed you just go into loop mode. It's the same lines over and over and over again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I have put my opinions out there so that line falls on deaf ears.

You are not familiar with the ideas behind what you often argue, nor do you bother thinking through the consequences. You just want to aimlessly argue. When pushed you just go into loop mode.  It's the same lines over and over and over again.

What ideas do I argue for that I am not familiar with?

Edit: Are you talking about the idea regarding objecting to the initiation of force to control others? I've gathered that you require someone to be a scholar on philosophers of the early 1800's in order to hold this view... but I guess that's where we differ. I bring up that "crazy, tired old line... you know, initiating violence against others is just necessary... so crazy that you think that's bad!" because no one has a good argument against it. Instead they resort to "you just have crazy ideas... you're crazy and paranoid... go to your bunker". Maybe that's why I bring it up all the time. Bring a good argument to why it's ethical for some people to steal from others and maybe I'll stop repeating it.

Last edited by xsanguine on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Fuck the NRA.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:33 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Fuck the NRA.

I'll probably donate to them on Tuesday based on this comment alone.

Mass killing in Memphis Giphy-downsized-large
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 am

xsanguine wrote:

Why wait? No doubt they'd be happy to take your online donation right now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:28 am

tGreenWay wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Why wait? No doubt they'd be happy to take your online donation right now.

It's the weekend, Greenway. Even god needed a day off.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:46 am

Learn from my words.

TIA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:07 am

DWags wrote:Learn from my words.

TIA.

I agree with you about Roe v. Wade's effects. But it is what it is.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:20 am

xsanguine wrote:

Guy on message board says he is an anarchist...then says he will donate to the NRA. I rest my case.*

*This is not the first time you have said it so hard to tell if you are being sarcastic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:41 am

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Guy on message board says he is an anarchist...then says he will donate to the NRA. I rest my case.*

*This is not the first time you have said it so hard to tell if you are being sarcastic.

Let's just forget about the sarcastic comment for a moment... and let's just forget for a moment that I've explained why I don't follow a particular doctrine that you claim is the "official" doctrine...

What is the irony in donating resources to a private organization for an anarchist?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:55 am

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Let's just forget about the sarcastic comment for a moment... and let's just forget for a moment that I've explained why I don't follow a particular doctrine that you claim is the "official" doctrine...

I do not make that claim. I just encouraged you to become familiar with the philosphical foundations and see how they differ from what you preach. When something differs so much - in this case embracing capitalism - it is not an evolution or revision but something entirely different.

What is the irony in donating resources to a private organization for an anarchist?

I should not have to explain this to a person who claims to be an anarchist. It should be self-explanatory. At the very least the NRA actively works to perpetuate the state. In fact, it relies on the state - Constitution and legislative body that protects the 2nd Amendment - to secure gun rights. Interesting paradox you wondered into. The state is protecting your freedom. As of right now a majority of Congress have successfully resisted a minority of Congress that wishes to encroach upon your freedom, due in part to NRA electioneering. Ok, take it easy. No interest in hiking through the forest with no compass.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:11 am

LooseGoose wrote:How does the NKA allow this to continue??

The mother of four children who authorities say were fatally stabbed in a suburban Memphis apartment complex has been charged in their deaths, a news report said.

Wow... degrading death to push your message

BTW, I am not anti-gun and a righty. But this is a passive aggressive douche move.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:15 am

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I do not make that claim. I just encouraged you to become familiar with the philosphical foundations and see how they differ from what you preach. When something differs so much - in this case embracing capitalism - it is not an evolution or revision but something entirely different.

I should not have to explain this to a person who claims to be an anarchist. It should be self-explanatory. At the very least the NRA actively works to perpetuate the state. In fact, it relies on the state - Constitution and legislative body that protects the 2nd Amendment - to secure gun rights. Interesting paradox you wondered into. The state is protecting your freedom. As of right now a majority of Congress have successfully resisted a minority of Congress that wishes to encroach upon your freedom, due in part to NRA electioneering. Ok, take it easy. No interest in hiking through the forest with no compass.

You make it cumbersome to response to your post when you include your replies within the quotes...
Turtleneck wrote:

You do make that claim in not so many words. The philosophical foundations of one particular individual. Proudhon didn't invent "anarchism", he's the first person to claim to be an anarchist and develop a philosophy based on that. Just like the word 'atheist' it breaks down to a very pedestrian definition. an-arch-ist... without rulers. That's it. From there it that can be interpreted a number of ways and has been interpreted MANY ways; anarcho-capitalism being just one.

For some reason you love to dig in on the labels.

Turtleneck wrote:I should not have to explain this to a person who claims to be an anarchist. It should be self-explanatory. At the very least the NRA actively works to perpetuate the state. In fact, it relies on the state - Constitution and legislative body that protects the 2nd Amendment - to secure gun rights. Interesting paradox you wondered into. The state is protecting your freedom. As of right now a majority of Congress have successfully resisted a minority of Congress that wishes to encroach upon your freedom, due in part to NRA electioneering. Ok, take it easy. No interest in hiking through the forest with no compass.

The NRA works within the state system. Just as weed legalization organizations have had to work within the system. If you're working towards a concept of freedom, it's a bit excusable considering we all have to work within the system that exists. Just because you want to dismantle that system doesn't mean you're willing to further endanger your immediate freedom to do so.

Again, forgetting the fact that I'm just goofing around because someone else disparaged the organization.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:19 am

The NRA does not simply work within the system. They play a role in perpetuating the system.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:42 am

Turtleneck wrote:The NRA does not simply work within the system. They play a role in perpetuating the system.

I'm just glad you pointed out that the state is protecting my right to own a firearm... from themselves. I would have been lost without that revelation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:01 am

xsanguine wrote:

You make it cumbersome to response to your post when you include your replies within the quotes...
Turtleneck wrote:

You do make that claim in not so many words. The philosophical foundations of one particular individual. Proudhon didn't invent "anarchism", he's the first person to claim to be an anarchist and develop a philosophy based on that. Just like the word 'atheist' it breaks down to a very pedestrian definition. an-arch-ist... without rulers. That's it. From there it that can be interpreted a number of ways and has been interpreted MANY ways; anarcho-capitalism being just one.

Turtleneck wrote:I should not have to explain this to a person who claims to be an anarchist. It should be self-explanatory. At the very least the NRA actively works to perpetuate the state. In fact, it relies on the state - Constitution and legislative body that protects the 2nd Amendment - to secure gun rights. Interesting paradox you wondered into. The state is protecting your freedom. As of right now a majority of Congress have successfully resisted a minority of Congress that wishes to encroach upon your freedom, due in part to NRA electioneering. Ok, take it easy. No interest in hiking through the forest with no compass.

The NRA works within the state system. Just as weed legalization organizations have had to work within the system. If you're working towards a concept of freedom, it's a bit excusable considering we all have to work within the system that exists. Just because you want to dismantle that system doesn't mean you're willing to further endanger your immediate freedom to do so.

Again, forgetting the fact that I'm just goofing around because someone else disparaged the organization.

One particular individual? Well, that is entirely incorrect.

Just to name a few...Godwin, Proudon, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Thoreau, Goldman, Chomsky, etc....Not just one person. Not even close. I'm not even sure how one reaches that conclusion.  Goodnight, X.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:08 am

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

One particular individual? Well, that is entirely incorrect.

Just to name a few...Godwin, Proudon, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Thoreau, Goldman, Chomsky, etc....Not just one person. Not even close. I'm not even sure how one reaches that conclusion.  Goodnight, X.

However many individuals interpret "without rulers" in a similar way does not give them a monopoly on the word itself. One person, 10 people... whatever. There's many denominations within the "anarchism" bubble, which also finds itself under the larger umbrella of "libertarianism". I've even taken to specifying anarcho-capitalist just to accommodate your sensitivity to it. But those groups all share one thing in common and that is opposition to the initiation of force... ermagahd he said the same line he's said before he must be wrong!!!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:How does the NKA allow this to continue??

Wow... degrading death to push your message

BTW, I am not anti-gun and a righty. But this is a passive aggressive douche move.

I agree - now maybe the gun grabbers know just how I feel when they latch onto every shooting to push their agenda. Evil kills and will continue to do so no matter how many laws are passed. You can't legislate evil out of this world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:00 pm

No pithy post about the Houston area mother who called a family meeting on her husband's birthday prior to their upcoming divorce.

http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/32327883/houston-mom-kills-her-daughters
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:38 pm

How about this one - haven't seen the gun control crowd yelling over it - but then again they generally support illegal immigrants, more cheap labor and votes for them.

Oregon triple murder suspect had been deported six times

PORTLAND, Ore. – A Mexican national charged with aggravated murder in the shooting deaths of three people at a rural Oregon blueberry farm had been deported six times, most recently in 2013, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Bonifacio Oseguera-Gonzalez, 29, has no significant prior criminal convictions, but ICE asked Oregon authorities to turn him over to them if he's released from custody in the current case, the agency said in a statement to The Associated Press on Friday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:41 am

How about the crying about the Supreme Court staying with what the founding fathers intended.

Less than 40 years after SCOTUS ruled the right to bear arms didn't apply to individuals the court reverses itself and says it did apply to individuals in 1992.

The only time we will see a major change is when we have more deaths that happen to be family members of the gun lobby. Until then, just like other issues, until it happens to them or importnat donors in their states, it doesn't matter.

Just tonight I saw fiscal conservative and GOP Senator Rubio wanting Federal funds and EPA action because uncontrolled use of fertilizers have caused an algae bloom that's shut down beaches on the eastern shores of his state. A few weeks ago the FL GOP governor was pleading with the President to go around Congress to get funds to start mosquito control and control the Zika virus from decimating his states tourism.

Changes in guns purchasing, registration and resale will happen when gun violence creates tragedy for the most vociferous.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:08 am

I'm still in love with this quote. Gives me quite the chuckle.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:09 am

GRR Spartan wrote:How about the crying about the Supreme Court staying with what the founding fathers intended.

Less than 40 years after SCOTUS ruled the right to bear arms didn't apply to individuals the court reverses itself and says it did apply to individuals in 1992.

The only time we will see a major change is when we have more deaths that happen to be family members of the gun lobby. Until then, just like other issues, until it happens to them or importnat donors in their states, it doesn't matter.

Just tonight I saw fiscal conservative and GOP Senator Rubio wanting Federal funds and EPA action because uncontrolled use of fertilizers have caused an algae bloom that's shut down beaches on the eastern shores of his state. A few weeks ago the FL GOP governor was pleading with the President to go around Congress to get funds to start mosquito control and control the Zika virus from decimating his states tourism.

Changes in guns purchasing, registration and resale will happen when gun violence creates tragedy for the most vociferous.

Crazy SCOTUS and their politically influenced decisions.

GRR loves him some gestapo tactics.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:36 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

And who's responsible for the vast majority of the murders?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 am

Is loose still using every single bad thing to happen in this country as a political point?

Zzzzz
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:13 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is loose still using every single bad thing to happen in this country as a political point?

Zzzzz

How's that different from the left?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:How about the crying about the Supreme Court staying with what the founding fathers intended.

Crazy SCOTUS and their politically influenced decisions.

GRR loves him some gestapo tactics.

The only Gestapo member here is you with your verbal bomb throwing and name calling.

I pointed out that some issues are due to SCOTUS rulings. Many of the same voters who decry marriage equality as SCOTUS activism have no issue with the 1992 ruling that minimized the importance of organized militia and emphasized the invividual. That was a 180 from what the Berger Court found in the '70's.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is loose still using every single bad thing to happen in this country as a political point?

Zzzzz

lol, I'll be waiting for you to point this out for some of the lefties here.

Assuming I'll be waiting for a long time, you're all one way OT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next