Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA

+6
BleacherSwill
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA  Empty Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA

Post by DWags 2016-08-25, 08:05

Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA  502811600

http://naturalsociety.com/pesticides-being-sprayed-to-fight-zika-may-be-more-harmful-than-zika-4646/

Long-term exposure to even low levels of the pesticide has been shown in several studies to have serious health effects for children and infants. Naled can be fatal to wildlife, such as bees and butterflies.

Some research suggests naled may have neurological and developmental effects on human fetuses, including smaller brain size – a frightening possibility, considering the Zika virus can cause the same condition, called microcephaly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA  Empty Re: Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:07

Yeah, and sunscreen is worse for you than the actual sun. It boils down to do you want your babies born without a brain, or do you want to chance exposing your kid to chemicals that may or may not be harmful to them.

I say scorched earth. Destroy all mosquitoes, everywhere. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if environwhackos hadn't overreacted to the effects of DDT.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA  Empty Re: Typical Gubmit operation: pesticide killing ZIKA might be more harmful to us than ZIKA

Post by Guest 2016-08-25, 08:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:Yeah, and sunscreen is worse for you than the actual sun. It boils down to do you want your babies born without a brain, or do you want to chance exposing your kid to chemicals that may or may not be harmful to them.

I say scorched earth. Destroy all mosquitoes, everywhere. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if environwhackos hadn't overreacted to the effects of DDT.

Go read the Zika thread, Gomer will soon be here to tell you that you're an idiot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-25, 08:35

my daughter (sorry For bin) has a friend who was diagnosed with Zika. He's not pregnant, so there isn't much to worry about.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:37

LooseGoose wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Yeah, and sunscreen is worse for you than the actual sun. It boils down to do you want your babies born without a brain, or do you want to chance exposing your kid to chemicals that may or may not be harmful to them.

Go read the Zika thread, Gomer will soon be here to tell you that you're an idiot.

When called an idiot, by an idiot, consider it a compliment.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-25, 08:40

So government is good again? I thought they were bad. This is all very confusing. I need to know if my thanks to Obama needs to be sarcastic or not.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So government is good again? I thought they were bad. This is all very confusing. I need to know if my thanks to Obama needs to be sarcastic or not.

Keep the government out of it and let local jurisdictions and private citizens spray with what they want.

Better?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-25, 08:44

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So government is good again? I thought they were bad. This is all very confusing. I need to know if my thanks to Obama needs to be sarcastic or not.

Keep the government out of it and let local jurisdictions and private citizens spray with what they want.

Better?

So you're cool with me spraying some mosquito repellent in your eyes?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 08:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Better?

yes. Because I would then clean your clock.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-25, 08:50

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

yes. Because I would then clean your clock.

Thanks for the offer, but my clocks aren't all that dirty.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-25, 08:58

I'd take my chances with the short term use.

Especially since the natural society source supports anti-vaccines too.

You've got two daughters DWags.  Ask the wife if she ever opted to have either or both forego being vaccinated before starting school.  

Ask yourself since both are of young child bearing age, would you tell them to take their chances or when they venture out to avoid areas where mosquito control chemicals were used?

But what the hell DWags, some time you and I might both find ourselves grandfathers to be.  I'm hoping my daughter gets her child vaccinated and if she finds herself in a Zika zone while pregnant would do everything possible to avoid mosquitos.  She's gotten through K12 and public university and  grad school without polio and other maladies because she was part of a population that had those "gubmint" policies.

Maybe you long for the good old days of braces, iron lungs, blindness due to measles and early childhood deaths due to whooping cough.  All that's pretty much gone because of gubmint public health decisions.  I don't miss that at all.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-08-25, 10:39

The June 2016 issue of the Smithsonian magazine about gene editing of insect species inducing an eventual extinction is must reading for this topic. Just in case some of you want to read some science on the subject.

Kill All the Mosquitoes?

BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 10:42

BleacherSwill wrote:The June 2016 issue of the Smithsonian magazine about gene editing of insect species inducing an eventual extinction is must reading for this topic. Just in case some of you want to read some science on the subject.

Kill All the Mosquitoes?

Cue the non-GMO crowd..........
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-25, 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter (sorry For bin) has a friend who was diagnosed with Zika. He's not pregnant, so there isn't much to worry about.

He could pass it to a women during sex and if she gets pregnant it could be a problem.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-25, 12:53

BleacherSwill wrote:The June 2016 issue of the Smithsonian magazine about gene editing of insect species inducing an eventual extinction is must reading for this topic. Just in case some of you want to read some science on the subject.

Kill All the Mosquitoes?

Yeah, nothing could go wrong with that approach Rolling Eyes

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-25, 13:03

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter (sorry For bin) has a friend who was diagnosed with Zika. He's not pregnant, so there isn't much to worry about.

He could pass it to a women during sex and if she gets pregnant it could be a problem.
you are correct.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-25, 13:16

Kill All the Mosquitoes?

Great read. Scares the hell out of me any time they say "could it lead to unforeseen consequences ".

But this part is so typical also: It was the universality as well as the accuracy that set CRISPR-Cas9 apart from other gene-editing techniques. Unlike the custom enzymes Crisanti and his team had been painstakingly building, Cas9 seemed to work in any type of cell. Researchers saw implications for treating genetic disorders, for improving agriculture—and for more sinister applications, such as creating biowarfare agents.CRISPR also brought Crisanti’s dream a giant step closer to reality. Now, he and his team could program Cas9’s guide RNA to pinpoint any part of a gene and transfer over the material they wanted to copy.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/kill-all-mosquitos-180959069/#qqVdOlDflTMegQ5F.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Seriously, does that shit even surprise anyone anymore? Also, they're using mosquitos. How the fuck can you contain them all? If some of the mutants escape, start wiping out certain species of the 3500, how do we know that won't fuck up the ecosystem?

Good read. Thanks
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-08-25, 14:46

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Kill All the Mosquitoes?

Clearly you did not read the link or even more likely you did not understand it.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-25, 15:02

BleacherSwill wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Clearly you did not read the link or even more likely you did not understand it.

Yep. Read every word. But also know that the GMO crowd sees gene-editing and start seeing red.

"But mosquitoes are part of the food chain!"

Peace.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-08-25, 18:52

TheReal_LWS wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

Yep. Read every word. But also know that the GMO crowd sees gene-editing and start seeing red.

Peace.

Non-sequitur.

You say dumb things.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-26, 08:43

BleacherSwill wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Peace.

Non-sequitur.

You say dumb things.

So you are anti-GMO.... I got it.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-08-26, 13:22

TheReal_LWS wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

Non-sequitur.

You say dumb things.

So you are anti-GMO.... I got it.

Your life filter is really fucked up.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-26, 15:13

BleacherSwill wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Peace.

Non-sequitur.

You say dumb things.

SD was always a dim bulb, and that's not going to change, even as he pretends to be LWS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-26, 15:23

tGreenWay wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

Non-sequitur.

You say dumb things.

SD was always a dim bulb, and that's not going to change, even as he pretends to be LWS.

Nobody seems to like SDLWS. Sad!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-26, 15:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I like him :) I do think he's sorta dim though when it comes to the thinking before he talks thing :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-26, 15:28

Did you guys know he does not drink?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-26, 15:38

Turtleneck wrote:Did you guys know he does not drink?

SD doesn't drink?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-26, 15:41

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The number of people who dislike SD/LWS is yuge, and my people say that number keeps getting bigger, and I have the best people and they're the smartest people, believe me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-26, 15:44

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Did you guys know he does not drink?

SD doesn't drink?

SD drinks. LWS does not drink, nor does SD as LWS.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down