Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected

+8
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
TheReal_LWS
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected Empty Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-14, 10:35

I want us to be able to fight ideologically, mentally, spiritually, economically, so that we don’t have to do it physically. But that may, in fact, be the case….

Somebody asked me yesterday, I did an interview, “Do you think it’s possible, if Hillary Clinton were to win the election, do you think it’s possible that we’ll be able to survive, that we’d ever be able to recover as a nation?” And while there are people who have stood on this stage and said we would not, I would beg to differ. I do think it would be possible, but at what price? At what price? The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what? The blood of who? The tyrants, to be sure, but who else? The patriots.

Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children. It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something that we, through our apathy and our indifference, have given away. Don’t let it happen.

Meanwhile he leans - not sure if he has officially given an endorsement - toward a candidate that has contempt for limitations on presidential power, free speech and assembly, and thinks the 4th Amendment gets in the way of law and order.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/matt-bevin-clinton-blood/499754/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected Empty Re: Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 10:39

What a fucking idiot, huh. Glad that's the elected leader of the great, er... Fine... State of Kentucky
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected Empty Re: Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 10:42

Lmao. How are we ever gonna survive?!?!?! SAVE US GOVERNMENT !!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-09-14, 10:52

I am surprised he did not say, "Calipari will not have to shed any blood. He will be in a safe house with a direct line to the bank and recruits. Nobody worry. You all might have to die but UK basketball will survive."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 10:53

This country is headed for another civil war, probably in the next 50 years. The left won't stand a chance.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 10:54

Typical liberals getting their panties in a bunch over a nothingburger........oooooh lookie mommy that man said a bad thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-14, 10:55

TheReal_LWS wrote:This country is headed for another civil war, probably in the next 50 years.  The left won't stand a chance.

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected E65144ec869c4f1e234a2f6cf5e85cd1

Sure thing champ.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:04

an angry, paranoid, gun-toting, hate-filled white guy feeling threatened by a changing demographic threatens violence..?

I don't believe it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:Typical liberals getting their panties in a bunch over a nothingburger........oooooh lookie mommy that man said a bad thing.

How old are you?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 11:14

LooseGoose wrote:Typical liberals getting their panties in a bunch over a nothingburger........oooooh lookie mommy that man said a bad thing.

He's. A. Governor. Not lws.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

So what? Governors can run off at the mouth too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 11:18

LooseGoose wrote:

They should be held to a smidgen of a higher standard than you hold the dude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-14, 11:18

I read the first report and told my wife to watch the news and see the governor start to walk his statements back within 48 hours.

Given the current political environment I equate it to leaving a pile of gas soaked rags next to a heater on Friday and taking credit for averting a fire the following Monday when you're called on the carpet for creating a hazzard and clean it up after your carelessness has been exposed.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 11:25

LooseGoose wrote:

It really surprises me that you think this. I would think you, as a man who has lived through rhetoric inspiring violence on multiple occasions, would understand how this type of talk is bad for our country. We should hold our leaders to a higher standard than the average yahoo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:30

Rocinante wrote:It really surprises me that you think this. I would think you, as a man who has lived through rhetoric inspiring violence on multiple occasions, would understand how this type of talk is bad for our country. We should hold our leaders to a higher standard than the average yahoo.

Yeah - and on things like body shaming too. It sucks for society when we see the leaders of the Democrats in the Senate on TV calling Trump a fattie. I guess that's acceptable discourse too. Can you name me any other circumstance where a liberal would condone that? I'm still awaiting the outrage.......which won't come because it's Reid and Schumer.

They're all stupid politicians playing a game.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 11:34

"Kentucky governor says violence may be necessary if my guy doesn't win as president? That's fine."

"YOU GUYS ARE THE PARTISAN ONES NOT ME!!! HOW DONT YOU UNDERSTAND HOW PARTISAN YOURE BEING???"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:It really surprises me that you think this. I would think you, as a man who has lived through rhetoric inspiring violence on multiple occasions, would understand how this type of talk is bad for our country. We should hold our leaders to a higher standard than the average yahoo.

Yeah - and on things like body shaming too. It sucks for society when we see the leaders of the Democrats in the Senate on TV calling Trump a fattie. I guess that's acceptable discourse too. Can you name me any other circumstance where a liberal would condone that? I'm still awaiting the outrage.......which won't come because it's Reid and Schumer.

I love it when Trump supporters - the proud non-PC movement - suddenly get all whiny and upset when Cheeto Hitler's tactics are turned against him..

Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 11:46

Goose come on dude fuck. Spin away.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:

Dude. Do you not see the difference in someone being socially irresponsible by using "fat" as an insult and someone declaring that a violent uprising should follow the election of a particular person?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 11:49

The guy can't even acknowledge how fucked up this is because of red vs blue. Truly brainwashed. Politics are fun.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:49

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Dude. Do you not see the difference in someone being socially irresponsible by using "fat" as an insult and someone declaring that a violent uprising should follow the election of a particular person?

lol, oh come on. There's not going to be a violent uprising and he's not calling for one. The press is trying to play this up as usual and you, Bob and the other lemmings are falling for it.

My point was that the press decides what's an issue and what isn't you people all swallow it. If Trump called Hills fat the outcry would be deafening.....because the press would go wild with it.

But carry on you independent thinkers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Dude.  Do you not see the difference in someone being socially irresponsible by using "fat" as an insult and someone declaring that a violent uprising should follow the election of a particular person?

lol, oh come on.   There's not going to be a violent uprising and he's not calling for one.   The press is trying to play this up as usual and you, Bob and the other lemmings are falling for it.  

My point was that the press decides what's an issue and what isn't you people all swallow it. If Trump called Hills fat the outcry would be deafening.....because the press would go wild with it.  

But carry on you independent thinkers.
I'd be shocked if they even covered it... other than to promote it on his behalf.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:00

but at what price? At what price? The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what? The blood of who? The tyrants, to be sure, but who else? The patriots.

Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children. It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something that we, through our apathy and our indifference, have given away.

No, the problem is we have become desensitized to this type of rhetoric which was checked since the 1950s because there were people who had just been through a war and understood that flapping off at the mouth about armed uprising was irresponsible. but in the last quarter century, our government has been populated by people who don't understand what war is, have never served, are lacking in wisdom, are overconfident in their superiority and are therefore flippant with their remarks regarding the shedding of blood. We need to hold our "leaders" to a higher standard. I would say this if it were a democrat. Believe that, bitches.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 12:13

Rocinante wrote:
but at what price? At what price? The roots of the tree of liberty are watered by what? The blood of who? The tyrants, to be sure, but who else? The patriots.

Whose blood will be shed? It may be that of those in this room. It might be that of our children and grandchildren. I have nine children. It breaks my heart to think that it might be their blood is needed to redeem something, to reclaim something that we, through our apathy and our indifference, have given away.

No, the problem is we have become desensitized to this type of rhetoric which was checked since the 1950s because there were people who had just been through a war and understood that flapping off at the mouth about armed uprising was irresponsible.  but in the last quarter century, our government has been populated by people who don't understand what war is, have never served, are lacking in wisdom, are overconfident in their superiority and are therefore flippant with their remarks regarding the shedding of blood.  We need to hold our "leaders" to a higher standard.  I would say this if it were a democrat.  Believe that, bitches.
the real issue is the double-standard that the media and the supporters of the two political parties are held to.

Trump regularly makes racist, sexist, misogynistic, xenophobic comments... and the media just kinda goes "hey, that's Trump for you" - and his christian followers eat it up because it feeds their anger, paranoia and hate.

Hillary rightfully calls half the Trump supporters "deplorable" (I say "rightly" in a very kind way, because I suspect it's way more than half of them) and they whine and cry about how mean this evil little grandmother with an email account is.. Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected 502811600

but, that's the world we live in and the world we've created.. so all I can really do is sit back and laugh and be thankful that my well-being isn't dependent on the government.

(oh - and I'm sorry if this post offends the more fragile snowflakes here.. feel free to move to have me banned if you so choose).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-09-14, 12:15

Given Kentucky's voter demographics, the governor's remarks and language used were low risk for him and future election prospects for a second term or higher office like US Senate.

The argument or "everybody does it"
does nothing to improve the lowest common denominator trajectory we are experiencing this year.

Most of us roll or eyes and grit our teeth when we find out an in-law who "tells it like it is" will be in attendance to a family gathering. We often hope they will be a no show to weddings or funerals because we have experience on how they can break up a gathering "telling it like it is".

Yet for what ever reason(s) the same characteristic that can bring alienation to groups of people and other countries is currently seen as a positive for elective office where getting along and not isolating others has previously been a positive.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-12, 21:22

Are you ready for the revolution? Rhonda is.

"Our lives depend on this election. Our kids' futures depend on this election and I will tell you just for me, and I don't want this to happen but I will tell you for me personally if Hillary Clinton gets in, I myself, I'm ready for a revolution because we can't have her in," she said emotionally.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election-2016/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-10, 11:27

This thread amuses me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-07-10, 12:19

Turtleneck wrote:This thread amuses me.

With all the leftists attacking police and producing assassination propaganda against our president, you should be angry at the violent left, not amused turtleneck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-14, 10:08

Guys, when a Republican talks about violence, it is a "nothingburger."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-14, 10:09

Turtleneck wrote:

You're starting to make it sound like this Goose guy is a little bit intellectually dishonest turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-07-14, 10:17

We need to recruit a new republican.  Goose has zero credibility.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-14, 10:18

Herbie Green wrote:We need to recruit a new republican conservative.  Goose has zero credibility.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-18, 19:30

Bill Mitchell‏Verified account
@mitchellvii
Anyone, and I mean anyone, who stands between President Trump and #MAGA is the enemy.

-----

This is some loud mouth Republican with a radio show and 250k followers on Twitter (probably all Russian bots). But he might capture an unsettling sentiment more widespread among Trump supporters than we think.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-18, 20:32

Turtleneck wrote:Bill Mitchell‏Verified account
@mitchellvii
Anyone, and I mean anyone, who stands between President Trump and #MAGA is the enemy.

-----

This is some loud mouth Republican with a radio show and 250k followers on Twitter (probably all Russian bots). But he might capture an unsettling sentiment more widespread among Trump supporters than we think.

That is what John McCullough was saying today on the Patriot radio. They now hate Congress, they are cool with a dictatorship as long as they get what they want and it'll piss off the liberals.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-18, 20:57

Turtleneck wrote:

You're starting to make it sound like this Goose guy is a little bit intellectually dishonest turtleneck

I'm chuckling.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-18, 21:11

msugolfguy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Bill Mitchell‏Verified account
@mitchellvii

-----

That is what John McCullough was saying today on the Patriot radio. They now hate Congress, they are cool with a dictatorship as long as they get what they want and it'll piss off the liberals.

Trump has an authoritarian vision. He disrespects the leaders of our democratic allies and praises authoritarians.

If he ever wanted to act on that vision, the first step is undermining the legitimacy of Congress. He would need to get the people to turn on Congress and embrace unilateral executive power.

So maybe this mess will not be so bad for him Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected 3493939353
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-18, 21:16

Turtleneck wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Trump has an authoritarian vision. He disrespects the leaders of our democratic allies and praises authoritarians.

If he ever wanted to act on that vision, the first step is undermining the legitimacy of Congress. He would need to get the people to turn on Congress and embrace unilateral executive power.

So maybe this mess will not be so bad for him Kentucky governor says violence might be necessary if Clinton is elected 3493939353

Already going for that. Said we need Trump Republicans elected. Good luck with that.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-18, 21:25

msugolfguy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Already going for that. Said we need Trump Republicans elected. Good luck with that.

Exactly. He would not need to actually dismiss Congress...just undermine all those not loyal and pack Congress with Trump loyalists who will let him do whatever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-20, 20:57

Guys, another nothingburger...

A minor actress from Texas was sentenced Wednesday to 18 years in prison for sending ricin-tainted letters to President Obama, former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of his gun-control group.

Shannon Guess Richardson, 36, was also ordered to pay $367,000 restitution as part of a plea bargain for pleading guilty in December to one count of developing, producing, possessing and transferring a biological agent for use as a weapon. She bought the materials — castor bean seeds and lye — online.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/16/texas-ricin-actress-sentenced/12744681/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-23, 16:00

Just more people serving nothingburgers...

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-alex-jones-infowars-violence-639912?amp=1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next