Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RNC got schooled

+7
The_Dude
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
11 posters

Go down

The RNC got schooled Empty The RNC got schooled

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 07:42

No way around it.

They should be embarrassed.

Trump was unelectable from Day 1.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The RNC got schooled Empty Re: The RNC got schooled

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-13, 07:45

I blame Reince Priebus for not figuring out a way to winnow the field early on. No way that Trump gets the nomination in a less-fractured field. Whatever backroom deals it took needed to be done. Terrible party leader.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 07:48

despite how much they whine and refuse to be held accountable while accepting personal responsibility... they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 07:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:I blame Reince Priebus for not figuring out a way to winnow the field early on.  No way that Trump gets the nomination in a less-fractured field. Whatever backroom deals it took needed to be done. Terrible party leader.

They needed to shut down Trump early.  They didn't.  Got caught up in the hype after that.  I think some of them thought he could legitimately win.  The RNC got schooled 502811600

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 07:54

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I blame Reince Priebus for not figuring out a way to winnow the field early on.  No way that Trump gets the nomination in a less-fractured field. Whatever backroom deals it took needed to be done. Terrible party leader.

They needed to shut down Trump early.  They didn't.  Got caught up in the hype after that.  I think some of them thought he could legitimately win.  The RNC got schooled 502811600

most of us who are able to separate fact from fiction have been saying from day one that probably 14-15 of the other GOP primary contenders would've beaten Hillary... she is and was a very flawed candidate. But the GOP attached their wagon to Trump while hoping America actually cared about some silly email account.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-13, 08:01

Did the RNC have a choice? I don't follow exactly but wouldn't the RNC essentially have to overrule the will of the people? I guess Floyd's point makes sense, though, except I'm not sure whom the RNC would have picked.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-13, 08:13

I voted for Kasich in the primaries. I tried you guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-13, 08:13

Triple Sparty wrote:Did the RNC have a choice? I don't follow exactly but wouldn't the RNC essentially have to overrule the will of the people? I guess Floyd's point makes sense, though, except I'm not sure whom the RNC would have picked.

I think that is a good point. It was clear from the start that the RNC did not want Trump. However, the RNC did not want to interfere in the process. Priebus remarked more that once, often reluctantly, that the Reopublican primary is grassroots. They were also nervous, at least in the early stages, that Trump would run as an independent.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-13, 08:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I voted for Kasich in the primaries. I tried you guys.

Ditto. He's about 10% looney, but I still think he was the best alternative.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-13, 08:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Ditto. He's about 10% looney, but I still think he was the best alternative.

He almost finished 2nd in Michigan. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy.........
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 08:44

I probably would've supported Kasich in the general election over Hillary.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 08:47

Triple Sparty wrote:Did the RNC have a choice? I don't follow exactly but wouldn't the RNC essentially have to overrule the will of the people?
they could've denounced his racism, misogyny and bigotry.. separated themselves from the hate-speech, etc.

but, as I mentioned, they're the ones responsible for his popularity among the knuckle-dragging wing of the Republican party. They have spent almost 10 years actively denigrating Barack Obama simply because he's black... opposing him at every turn - not because of policy but because of his race.

So the RNC has basically stood by idly and even encouraged the hate-faction of their party through implicit behaviors. Which is why they have to sit back and take their medicine now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-13, 09:01

One thing Dems are good at are rallying around their nominee, even hate filled, sociopathic liars that should be in prison.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Did the RNC have a choice? I don't follow exactly but wouldn't the RNC essentially have to overrule the will of the people?
they could've denounced his racism, misogyny and bigotry.. separated themselves from the hate-speech, etc.

but, as I mentioned, they're the ones responsible for his popularity among the knuckle-dragging wing of the Republican party. They have spent almost 10 years actively denigrating Barack Obama simply because he's black... opposing him at every turn - not because of policy but because of his race.

So the RNC has basically stood by idly and even encouraged the hate-faction of their party through implicit behaviors. Which is why they have to sit back and take their medicine now.

They needed to shut him down early. Once he started picking on Lil' Marco, it was over...and Marco could have beat Clinton.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 09:11

So the Republicans didn't rig it against Trump like the Democrats did with Bern? Why the fuck not?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-13, 09:19

The Dude is getting so desperate.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 09:22

I don't know, I think after this election, political scientists are going to have a blast figuring out just what the fuck happened. I think Trump has tapped into some real anger in America. We can joke about them being uneducated, or whatever, but he has really tapped into something. 14 million votes in the primaries? I think Bernie has tapped into the anger of the educated young kids who are probably way more talented then we were as an educated generation, but find their lot in life is making less than we did which is really kind of fucked up.

No way I think it was possible to mesh those two entities but if somehow they could...... bam. I just dont' think there's enough in common between the two groups. What seems certain is that the mainstream two party old school behemoths can be toppled if you do it right. Trump split the Pubs up enough where he had to have raise flags up to the establishment, and Bernie did the same. I personally don't know exactly what has happened yet, but those two have really tapped into some passion in our country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-10-13, 09:38

Just not sure what RNC could have done to shit him down. Who would have spoke out against Trump that would have resonated with the primary voters? I think DWags is correct: just a lot of anger Trump tapped into. Not sure how an establishment message could have redirected that anger.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:48

DWags wrote:I don't know, I think after this election, political scientists are going to have a blast figuring out just what the fuck happened. I think Trump has tapped into some real anger in America. We can joke about them being uneducated, or whatever, but he has really tapped into something. 14 million votes in the primaries? I think Bernie has tapped into the anger of the educated young kids who are probably way more talented then we were as an educated generation, but find their lot in life is making less than we did which is really kind of fucked up.

No way I think it was possible to mesh those two entities but if somehow they could...... bam. I just dont' think there's enough in common between the two groups. What seems certain is that the mainstream two party old school behemoths can be toppled if you do it right. Trump split the Pubs up enough where he had to have raise flags up to the establishment, and Bernie did the same. I personally don't know exactly what has happened yet, but those two have really tapped into some passion in our country.

I wonder how many of Trump's primary votes came from Democrats.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 09:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I don't know, I think after this election, political scientists are going to have a blast figuring out just what the fuck happened. I think Trump has tapped into some real anger in America. We can joke about them being uneducated, or whatever, but he has really tapped into something. 14 million votes in the primaries? I think Bernie has tapped into the anger of the educated young kids who are probably way more talented then we were as an educated generation, but find their lot in life is making less than we did which is really kind of fucked up.

How many states have closed primaries?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-10-13, 10:03

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

After kicking Reince's ass back to cheeseland, this is the RNC's first order of business for 2020 and beyond.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 10:20

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

There are closed, partially closed, partially open, open to unaffiliated, open, and top-two.

Here are the "Open" Primary States:

Alabama
Michigan
Montana
Vermont
Arkansas
Minnesota
North Dakota
Virginia
Georgia
Mississippi
South Carolina
Wisconsin
Hawaii
Missouri
Texas 

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/primary-types.aspx

It was theorized that some Democrats were voting for Trump (as a sabotage move).  I wonder how many did.  No real way of finding out I guess.  Saw an article that Trump was winning some open primaries early on and Cruz was winning closed primaries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/03/02/so-far-trump-wins-open-primaries-and-cruz-wins-closed-and-the-calendar-is-starting-to-change-toward-more-closed-primaries/?utm_term=.73b173a087ba
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 10:24

probably the only other Republican that Hillary would've beat is Ted Cruz.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-10-13, 10:27

You know.... that keeps getting said, but all 16 of those republicans were so incompetent that they couldn't paint Donald fucking trump as an unelectable depraved man when all they had to do was win over evangelicals. They are clearly terrible politicians who would have fucked it up themselves.

Outside of Kasich.... I think he probably would have won. But Marco? The same guy that was talking about hand size on a debate stage? He would have imploded as would have almost all of those other republicans.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down