Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumped up for hoops tonight

2 posters

Go down

Pumped up for hoops tonight Empty Pumped up for hoops tonight

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 17:18

Only wish the women's game wasn't at the same time or I would be going to that game. Tori is going to ball off this season.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Pumped up for hoops tonight Empty Re: Pumped up for hoops tonight

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 17:26

It may be too early to call the men's game a must win but with games looming against UK and Duke it sure would be nice to get this one. One benefit of the loss to Mid Ten State is that maybe we won't have to hear the "just wait until March" refrain this season.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 17:56

My favorite player to watch is Cassius. Dude is so smooth every time I have seen him. Always wondered if it will translate to top level D1. We will find out soon enough.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 20:03

Looks like Izzo answered my question about Winston. He doesnt even think he is good enough beyond giving Tum Tum a two minute breather.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 20:41

Hell yeah McQuaid. Lets do this
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 21:30

Bloody hell. It would be easy to blamethis on Izzo's arrogant substution in the first half. Not sure if that would be simpleton thinking.
Just wish we could win a game. Like I said we needed this one because things will get more difficult than this before Big Ten play starts.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-11, 21:34

Jankoska got 26 in a blowout win over Davidson
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-11, 22:50

Herbie Green wrote:Bloody hell. It would be easy to blamethis on Izzo's arrogant substution in the first half. Not sure if that would be simpleton thinking.
Just wish we could win a game. Like I said we needed this one because things will get more difficult than this before Big Ten play starts.

I just am in awe of the wisdom you spit. Thanks!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-12, 10:13

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Bloody hell. It would be easy to blamethis on Izzo's arrogant substution in the first half. Not sure if that would be simpleton thinking.

I just am in awe of the wisdom you spit. Thanks!!

Just read tSwill game thread and not one poster picked up on that. Even the commentator at half time noticed the lead being lost in the first half after a lineup change.

BUT he is going to need those guys off the bench. Perhaps he could have made single substitutions. Like I said I think he got arrogant with the lead. It seems Izzo often likes to "buy some minutes". The price of those minutes might have been a loss to a team with a shorter bench than MSU had.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-12, 10:50

Along those same lines of "buying minutes", I think Izzo once again imposed his two foul penalty box. Perhaps soneone noticed or can find a box score by half.
I may have a math degree but I am into simple numbers and logic.
What is the only way you can guarantee to play your best players the maximum number of minutes?
Answer - you leave them on the floor until he collects all five fouls
Are points worth more at the end of a game than at the beginning?
Of course not. Maybe it is not quite this simple, but I lok at the box score and Harris only played 20 minutes - and he finished with just 3 fouls! You don't get awarded any extra points at the end for how many fouls you have left over. What's more, is that Harris seemed to have difficulty getting into the flow of the game. Gee, I wonder why. Izzo is worried that a player will foul out and have to go to the bench so what does he do? He voluntarily puts the player on the bench.
I am not sure if I was mistaken last night if this was also the cause of Winston's first half minutes, who incidentally also struggled in the game and finished witb just three fouls. But my earlier question is a bit more concerning now. I have seen that dude play flawless in every game I have seen him - high school, moneyball, exhibition games. But he isn't "athletic" and now I see him play one game against high D1 talent and he played horribly. I am not going to write him off though.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down