Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..

+4
NigelUno
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
8 posters

Go down

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Empty Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 11:18

can't believe he didn't want to be associated with white nationalists, the KKK, bigots, xenophobes, misogynists and an admitted sexual predator.. Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  2599972566

(caution: mainstream media article below)

Rogers Parts Ways With Trump Transition Team
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Empty Re: Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 12:16

Didn't agree with Mike Rogers on numerous issues but never questioned his reasons for being a Congressman.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Empty Re: Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..

Post by InTenSity Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:09

To me, this is some of the best news. The agenda he had in Congress is one of the few times I've seen people calling in to their reps telling them to not vote for things. It is a great day for our online freedoms. Because of what he wanted to do, and enrich himself while spying on American's I have no qualms with him leaving.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:16

GRR Spartan wrote:Didn't agree with Mike Rogers on numerous issues but never questioned his reasons for being a Congressman.
true, not my political lean for sure but he always seemed like a decent enough guy. I can see why he doesn't want his name tarnished by the likes of the KKK and sexual assault.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:can't believe he didn't want to be associated with white nationalists, the KKK, bigots, xenophobes, misogynists and an admitted sexual predator..  Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  2599972566

Supposedly all the Christie picks are getting broomed.

PS I do admire the strange new respect of Rogers from GRR and BobS now that he's off the TrumpTeam. I imagine we'll see more of that going forward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:47

Goose I was working for the GOP as a volunteer when you may have been smoking weed and bitching about "the man"

I voted for Fred Upton until he threw in with climate science deniers and previously voted for Vern Ehlers before my precinct was redistricted.

This is no sudden conversion. We just elected a reality TV guy who has left a long trail of people he screwed financially and accepted government funds in the form of tax breaks while decrying government.

Now we get to live with the demo that keeps America's Funniest Home Video on the air electing a guy whose campaign made hay by talking up an opponent's emails and now his VP wants to seal all his when he was IN governor.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:can't believe he didn't want to be associated with white nationalists, the KKK, bigots, xenophobes, misogynists and an admitted sexual predator..  Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  2599972566

PS I do admire the strange new respect of Rogers from GRR and BobS now that he's off the TrumpTeam.   I imagine we'll see more of that going forward.

Would that be like your new respect of Trump?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 13:57

LooseGoose wrote:

PS I do admire the strange new respect of Rogers from GRR and BobS now that he's off the TrumpTeam. I imagine we'll see more of that going forward.
anyone who distances themselves from the KKK and a sexual predator earns at least a certain degree of respect from me.

Crazy, I know..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 14:07

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

PS I do admire the strange new respect of Rogers from GRR and BobS now that he's off the TrumpTeam.   I imagine we'll see more of that going forward.

Examples? Or just your usual 2+2=27
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 14:10

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Examples? Or just your usual 2+2=27

When was the last time you called him an asshole?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:14

GRR Spartan wrote:Didn't agree with Mike Rogers on numerous issues but never questioned his reasons for being a Congressman.

This. Rogers is a good guy with good intentions. I never questioned that he wanted the same good things for America; just that we disagreed on how to get there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:25

tGreenWay wrote:

This. Rogers is a good guy with good intentions. I never questioned that he wanted the same good things for America; just that we disagreed on how to get there.
You guys never heard of CISPA?!? He wanted to spy on American's.
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA H.R. 3523 (112th Congress), H.R. 624 (113th Congress), H.R. 234 (114th Congress)) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and technology and manufacturing companies. The stated aim of the bill is to help the U.S. government investigate cyber threats and ensure the security of networks against cyberattacks.[1]

The legislation was introduced on November 30, 2011, by Representative Michael Rogers (R-MI) and 111 co-sponsors.[2][3] It was passed in the House of Representatives on April 26, 2012, but was not passed by the U.S. Senate.[4] President Barack Obama's advisers have argued that the bill lacks confidentiality and civil liberties safeguards, and the White House said he would veto it.[5]

In February 2013, the House reintroduced the bill[6] and it passed in the United States House of Representatives on April 18, 2013,[7] but stalled and was not voted upon by the Senate.[8] On July 10, 2014 a similar bill, the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA), was introduced in the Senate.[9]

In January 2015, the House reintroduced the bill again.[10] The bill has been referred to the Committee on Intelligence, and as of February 2, 2015 to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations and Subcommittee on Constitution and Civil Justice to see if it will come to the House for a vote. In December 2015 a version of CISPA was hidden in the total federal budget.

CISPA had garnered favor from corporations and lobbying groups such as Microsoft, Facebook, AT&T, IBM, and the United States Chamber of Commerce, which look on it as a simple and effective means of sharing important cyber threat information with the government.[11] It has however been criticized by advocates of Internet privacy and civil liberties, such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the American Civil Liberties Union, Free Press, Fight for the Future, and Avaaz.org, as well as various conservative and libertarian groups including the Competitive Enterprise Institute, TechFreedom, FreedomWorks, Americans for Limited Government, Liberty Coalition, and the American Conservative Union. Those groups argue CISPA contains too few limits on how and when the government may monitor a private individual’s Internet browsing information. Additionally, they fear that such new powers could be used to spy on the general public rather than to pursue malicious hackers.[12][13]

Some critics saw wording included in CISPA as a second attempt to protect intellectual property after the Stop Online Piracy Act was taken off the table by Congress after it met opposition.[14] Intellectual property theft was initially listed in the bill as a possible cause for sharing Web traffic information with the government, though it was removed in subsequent drafts.[15]
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 17:56

I'll clarify. I didn't see Rogers as bought and paid for .

There are plenty of Democrats who could couldn't wait to approve funds to establish Homeland Security either.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 18:05

GRR Spartan wrote:I'll clarify.  I didn't see Rogers as bought and paid for .  

There are plenty of Democrats who could couldn't wait to approve funds to establish Homeland Security either.
Google his wife, Kristi Clemens Rogers and Aegis.
It would appear that Rep. Mike Rogers, the main person in Congress pushing for CISPA, has kept rather quiet about a very direct conflict of interest that calls into serious question the entire bill. It would appear that Rogers' wife stands to benefit quite a lot from the passage of CISPA, and has helped in the push to get the bill passed. It's somewhat amazing that no one has really covered this part of the story, but it highlights, yet again, the kind of activities by folks in Congress that make the public trust Congress less and less.
Link here
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 21:31

I met Mike Rogers shortly after he was elected to his first term and again as he was running for his 3rd term.

He was still married to his first wife and I believe he had 2 children.

His wiki page has been scrubbed and only mentions wife #2 who is in the corporate world as younhave noted.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 11:04

Update

Rogers was asked to leave / fired.  

Mike Rogers is weak on foreign policy? Who knew?

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 16:26; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 12:28

GRR Spartan wrote:Update

Rogers was asked to leave / fired.

Mike Rogers is week on foreign policy? Who knew?

Sycophants only. Trump does not care about qualifications. RG as SoS? Are you kidding? What a joke that would be. Trump just wants people that will kiss the ring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 12:46

Mike rogers is an asshole.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 14:56

Gosh I remember when Trump didn't know how to name a Cabinet......and of course the lemmings were on here parroting the Press.

Philip Bump ‏@pbump 3h3 hours ago
Since 1980, no one has had as much of his Cabinet picked as does Trump. http://wapo.st/2gKY663

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  CzpNKkEWIAAXxE-
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 15:31

LooseGoose wrote:Gosh I remember when Trump didn't know how to name a Cabinet......and of course the lemmings were on here parroting the Press.

Philip Bump ‏@pbump 3h3 hours ago
Since 1980, no one has had as much of his Cabinet picked as does Trump. http://wapo.st/2gKY663

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  CzpNKkEWIAAXxE-
Goose promoting a mainstream media article while bemoaning the mainstream media.. Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 15:33

oh - and I don't think people are talking about Trump's lack of expeditiousness as it relates to selecting a Cabinet.. I'm just chuckling at his picks..

here's our Secretary of Energy..

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Giphy

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600 Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600 Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and I don't think people are talking about Trump's lack of expeditiousness as it relates to selecting a Cabinet.. I'm just chuckling at his picks..

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600 Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600 Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600

Looks like a great fit - full of energy. I know you prefer people like Dingy Harry running things....

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Harryreid-540x384
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:12

Yep..Trump and his cabinet picks are high energy guys that are doers.

Bob wants low energy career political hacks..lol.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:29

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh - and I don't think people are talking about Trump's lack of expeditiousness as it relates to selecting a Cabinet.. I'm just chuckling at his picks..

Looks like a great fit - full of energy. I know you prefer people like Dingy Harry running things....

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  Harryreid-540x384
I'm just glad you don't support Trump.

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 18:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm just glad you don't support Trump.

Former Rep. Mike Rogers Already Leaving the Trump Transition Team..  502811600

I didn't mention him in my post - you did in both of yours. You have the fixation, get over it.

I support America and hope things go well, if you don't - well that's on you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down