Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight

+6
Clarett's Folly
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
DWags
Herbie Green
10 posters

Go down

I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight  Empty I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-03, 14:33

At Delaney

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/19772338/big_ten_commissioner_jim_delan_3.amp
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight  Empty Re: I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 14:42

I know if w bitch about this we have tinfoil hats on and are told to check our outrage. But think about this:

Four years ago, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany was among the most-vocal critics of the College Football Playoff's plan to consider teams that were not conference champions for the four-team field. He's changed his tune. In an interview Saturday on ESPN College GameDay, Delany said that two teams have already earned the right to be in the four-team field that will be announced on Sunday.

"I think that there are a couple of teams that probably are unequivocally among those four best," Delany said. "I think Alabama's had a great year, and Ohio State. It seems to me that winners of games today and Michigan, that the committee is going to have to sort through to fill out those next two slots."

If your name is Iowa or MSU in the exact position at 11-1 and 10-2 and think he'd say that you're crazy. Fuck him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight  Empty Re: I hope UW and PSU fans are ready to boo their asses off tonight

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-03, 14:44

Fuck Delany. Why hasn't he retired already?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-03, 14:45

Michigan and Ohio state = $$$

Delaney knows how to make $$$
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 15:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Michigan and Ohio state = $$$

Delaney knows how to make $$$

This times a billion. But if you actively promote other teams doing well it will help with the brand names of those schools too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-03, 15:11

Way to bend with the wind, Jim, you asshole. If OSU was #5 playing #6 Wisconsin you'd be singing an entirely different tune.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-03, 15:20

This is something that the SEC does incredibly well. It could be Alabama or it could be Mississippi State but whoever is at the top of the conference standings is being held out as one of college football's best by the conference offices.

Delaney is drunk on member berries.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-03, 15:27

The thing is Delaney and this playoff is killing his own conference championship game. Tickets are like 8 bucks and there might be empty seats everwhere. I guess they were already sold at face though so maybe he doesn't even care
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 15:28

Herbie Green wrote:The thing is Delaney and this playoff is killing his own conference championship game. Tickets are like 8 bucks and there might be empty seats everwhere. I guess they were already sold at face though so maybe he doesn't even care

Bad image on tv.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-12-03, 15:47

Fuck him and everything about him. Clearly the long time accusations of pandering to scum and osu from his office is true. This shit by the conference spokesman about kicking the conference champion to the curb needs to be addressed by the big ten university presidents and athletic directors. There is no fucking reason to play the games anymore if we return to a beauty contest.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-12-03, 15:59

It's all part of the plan to go to 8 teams or more.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-12-03, 16:01

Maybe Notre Dame is smarter than we think. Don't really blame them for telling the B1G to fuck off.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-03, 16:04

Just like MSU last year, Washington is the uninvited guest. But UW made it impossible for the committee to not take them.

An 11-2 UM or OSU conference champ would get in over an 11-1 MSU or Iowa non division winner (and owning h2h) 10 times out of 10.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-03, 16:09

kingstonlake wrote:Maybe Notre Dame is smarter than we think. Don't really blame them for telling the B1G to fuck off.

Good point.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-12-03, 18:12

Clarett's Folly wrote:This is something that the SEC does incredibly well. It could be Alabama or it could be Mississippi State but whoever is at the top of the conference standings is being held out as one of college football's best by the conference offices.

Delaney is drunk on member berries.

He's both Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down