Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.

+8
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Vlad
kingstonlake
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
12 posters

Go down

Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  Empty Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.

Post by DWags 18/12/16, 12:30 pm

#14 WBH has pointed out after he said it that perhaps changes are coming schematically. I agree.

Here's why we sucked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  Empty Re: Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 18/12/16, 12:32 pm

Excuses.

The bottom line is Dave Warner sucks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  Empty Re: Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.

Post by DWags 18/12/16, 12:37 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Excuses.

The bottom line is Dave Warner sucks.

I think he was saying that without saying it. But yeah, article is a big excuse article and frankly embarrassing. I'd rather he just say "next question" -and get to fixing things
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 12:42 pm

From another article it sounds like Lewerke has the keys. That's a start.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 12:45 pm

list?

regardless, my take doesnt pass the bbbb sunshine requirements, so my thoughts on this topic are on the bob
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 18/12/16, 12:55 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:From another article it sounds like Lewerke has the keys. That's a start.

Or the problem.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 12:58 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:From another article it sounds like Lewerke has the keys. That's a start.

Or the problem.

Elaborate, playa. Worried that he isn't earning the spot or what?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 01:01 pm

15 reasons is a lot of reasons. I'd like to see a top 3 list.

If I had to offer a top three myself...
1. Shitty QB play.
2. Selfish attitudes by upperclassmen.
3. Preseason attrition on the DL.

Last edited by Vlad on 18/12/16, 01:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 18/12/16, 01:03 pm

Vlad wrote: 15 reasons is a lot of reasons. I'd like to see a top 3 list.

Read the first three.
Stop reading.
Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 18/12/16, 01:04 pm

1. Coaching
2. Playcalling
3. Schemes
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 18/12/16, 01:07 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Or the problem.

I don't feel theres a player on the roster that should have the "keys" to anything. especially at QB.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/12/16, 01:11 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I don't feel theres a player on the roster that should have the "keys" to anything. especially at QB.

If you're saying nobody should be guaranteed a starting spot, I agree except Corle. Kid did everything that was asked of him. Plus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 18/12/16, 01:14 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

No QB that played this past year really stood out. Lewerke got the job by sucking the least. Being sidelined by a major injury doesn't bode well going into next year.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 01:20 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

No QB that played this past year really stood out. Lewerke got the job by sucking the least. Being sidelined by a major injury doesn't bode well going into next year.

True, but that can be said for Cook also. He didn't actually distinguish himself in the three-way competition, but things turn out all right.

The truth is that Lewerke is the only one of the three who can stretch the field with his arm. Seems to be fairly accurate as well. But that injury was a killer. He really needed the development heading into next season

Last edited by Vlad on 18/12/16, 01:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 01:21 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

With the right head on his shoulders, Lewerke can be our next leader. He stood out talent wise against Terry and O'Connor no doubt. I'll trust dantonio's judgement if he is going to hand him the keys - better than playing musical chairs the first four games of the year as we have.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 18/12/16, 01:30 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

I don't feel theres a player on the roster that should have the "keys" to anything.  especially at QB.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With the right head on his shoulders, Lewerke can be our next leader.

You get that out of these limited stats?
Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  Captur14

He stood out talent wise against Terry and O'Connor no doubt.

Which pretty much means nothing.

I'll trust dantonio's judgement if he is going to hand him the keys - better than playing musical chairs the first four games of the year as we have.

I do as well with the exception that sometimes he rewards loyalty over production.  My point is Lewerkes limited stats should earn him no leg up over DeWeaver.  They're so limited it really doesn't warrant handing over the keys.[/quote]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 01:36 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I don't feel theres a player on the roster that should have the "keys" to anything.  especially at QB.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:With the right head on his shoulders, Lewerke can be our next leader.

He stood out talent wise against Terry and O'Connor no doubt.

I'll trust dantonio's judgement if he is going to hand him the keys - better than playing musical chairs the first four games of the year as we have.

I do as well with the exception that sometimes he rewards loyalty over production.  My point is Lewerkes limited stats should earn him no leg up over DeWeaver.  They're so limited it really doesn't warrant handing over the keys.
[/quote]

Deweaver will get his chance. I have no doubt about that. Heck, we only have those two options. Terry is a wasted scholarship.

We don't even know how bad Lewerke's knee injury is. He may not even be ready for spring ball.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/12/16, 01:38 pm

Vlad wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I do as well with the exception that sometimes he rewards loyalty over production.  My point is Lewerkes limited stats should earn him no leg up over DeWeaver.  They're so limited it really doesn't warrant handing over the keys.

Deweaver will get his chance. I have no doubt about that. Heck, we only have those two options. Terry is a wasted scholarship.

We don't even know how bad Lewerke's knee injury is. He may not even be ready for spring ball.[/quote]

He's fine and will play this spring.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 01:40 pm

I got it from watching Lewerke on the field king. That's what you do when you have limited stats as you say. He starts against Michigan .. well don't even get me started. O'Connor was dogshit and still somehow kept the job until when?

In general I'm with you - best players play if that's DeWeaver or Lewerke. No more O'Connors or maxwells. (Aka Terry)
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 01:41 pm

I'm no doctor but isn't Lewerke out of his boot already?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 18/12/16, 01:42 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I got it from watching Lewerke on the field king. That's what you do when you have limited stats as you say. He starts against Michigan .. well don't even get me started. O'Connor was dogshit and still somehow kept the job until when?

In general I'm with you - best players play if that's DeWeaver or Lewerke. No more O'Connors or maxwells. (Aka Terry)

I'm on board with this. If Terry is in the mix next year we're in deep shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 18/12/16, 01:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm no doctor but isn't Lewerke out of his boot already?

Yep. That came out in Dantonio's press conference last Tuesday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 03:11 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm no doctor but isn't Lewerke out of his boot already?

You don't have to be a doctor to know if Lewerke is out of the boot.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 18/12/16, 03:35 pm

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

We don't even know how bad Lewerke's knee injury is. He may not even be ready for spring ball.

He's fine and will play this spring. [/quote]

Terry wasn't a wasted scholarship. While I figured he'd need his redshirt and RS freshman year he's also been injured a lot. Knee, shoulder and the latest being concussed which is a long term issue. He was a leader and winner in HS but he also was in an offense that took advantage of his skill set. At MSU i think Terry has been a round peg the OC's have kept trying to pound into a square hole.

Meanwhile Leweke played in an offense closer to the pro set MSU uses. Too early to know if deWeaver and Lombardi can folow suit.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 04:08 pm

Vlad wrote: 15 reasons is a lot of reasons. I'd like to see a top 3 list.

If I had to offer a top three myself...
1. Shitty QB play.
2. Selfish attitudes by upperclassmen.
3. Preseason attrition on the DL.

no sped teams or offensive plays?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 04:20 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

He's fine and will play this spring.

Terry wasn't a wasted scholarship. While I figured he'd need his redshirt and RS freshman year he's also been injured a lot. Knee, shoulder and the latest being concussed which is a long term issue. He was a leader and winner in HS but he also was in an offense that took advantage of his skill set. At MSU i think Terry has been a round peg the OC's have kept trying to pound into a square hole.

Meanwhile Leweke played in an offense closer to the pro set MSU uses. Too early to know if deWeaver and Lombardi can folow suit.

[/quote]

Which begs the question, why recruit a QB who doesn't fit your system??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 18/12/16, 04:35 pm

Vlad wrote:Which begs the question, why recruit a QB who doesn't fit your system??

completed 222-of-333 throws (.667) for 3,599 yards, 50 touchdowns and only eight interceptions as a senior . . . recorded 12 200-yard passing games in 2012, including five 300-yard passing outings .

Do those numbers sound like someone who can't "fit the system"?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 18/12/16, 04:53 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Vlad wrote:Which begs the question, why recruit a QB who doesn't fit your system??

completed 222-of-333 throws (.667) for 3,599 yards, 50 touchdowns and only eight interceptions as a senior . . . recorded 12 200-yard passing games in 2012, including five 300-yard passing outings .

Yep. He might have been a dual threat QB in high school but Dantonio was always going to put him into his system with the added threat of good legs.

Thing is, it's my opinion a HS dual threat QB seems to drop their eyes more once in college when you put them back in the pocket. I think with Lewerke DeWeaver and Lombardi you have a pro style guy who can also run better. Face it though QBs like Cousins and Cook don't grow on trees. I wonder if our fan base is spoiled to the point of thinking Dantonio can just magically produce NFL QBs. Cook Cousins and Hoyer are rare birds and we were pretty lucky to have three who had that type of vision and moxie.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 18/12/16, 05:00 pm

What I wanted to hear.

1. Head Coach
2. Head Coach
3. ...
15. Head Coach

In the it is all his responsbility and I don't want to hear any other bullshit excuses.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 18/12/16, 05:21 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Yep. He might have been a dual threat QB in high school but Dantonio was always going to put him into his system with the added threat of good legs.

Thing is, it's my opinion a HS dual threat QB seems to drop their eyes more once in college when you put them back in the pocket. I think with Lewerke DeWeaver and Lombardi you have a pro style guy who can also run better. Face it though QBs like Cousins and Cook don't grow on trees. I wonder if our fan base is spoiled to the point of thinking Dantonio can just magically produce NFL QBs. Cook Cousins and Hoyer are rare birds and we were pretty lucky to have three who had that type of vision and moxie.

All I know is that Terry was pass-first in HS. He only had 100 carries his senior season (for 6.7 per) so it was 75/25 pass to run.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 18/12/16, 05:30 pm

Friday my boy pushed his little sister. I was pissed. Got in the car, drove straight to my parent's house, rang the door bell and knocked my Dad the fuck out with a strong right cross to the jaw when he answered. If that motherfucker wouldn't have knocked my mom up I would have never procreated.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 18/12/16, 05:31 pm

Herbie Green wrote:What I wanted to hear.

1. Head Coach
2. Head Coach
3. ...
15. Head Coach

In the it is all his responsbility and I don't want to hear any other bullshit excuses.

Cool
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 18/12/16, 05:33 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Friday my boy pushed his little sister. I was pissed. Got in the car, drove straight to my parent's house, rang the door bell and knocked my Dad the fuck out with a strong right cross to the jaw when he answered. If that motherfucker wouldn't have knocked my mom up I would have never procreated.

Suspect Dantonio: 15 reasons why we sucked.  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/16, 06:04 pm

1. Head Coach
2. Head Coach
3. ...
15. Head Coach

Trying so hard.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by FupaTuba 18/12/16, 06:06 pm

Coach Dave Warner. 15 letters right there- it all adds up
FupaTuba
FupaTuba
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 18/12/16, 06:42 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Talk to GRR. He's the one who says Diantonio tried to fit a square peg through a round hole.

I just think Terry was a wasted scholarship. Lot of hype when he signed, but never saw him do anything even close to great, or even good.

In any case, our only options for next year are Lewerke and Deweaver.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 07:22 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

warner won't work with a running qb, so yes.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 07:30 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

completely agree, while is why i am oppose to running a system that requires an nfl prospect.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 07:42 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

1. Head Coach
2. Head Coach
3. ...
15. Head Coach

Trying so hard.

hate to admit he's right? I too know it's painful
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 18/12/16, 07:43 pm

FupaTuba wrote:Coach Dave Warner. 15 letters right there- it all adds up

lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down