Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb

+20
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
AnomanderRake
The_Dude
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
GRR Spartan
MSU addict
Turtleneck
The Pantry
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb - Page 4 Empty Re: PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 19:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:are they raw eggs or regular eggs?

This is important in light of Panera crying fouland asking the FDA to change the definition of what can be called an egg.

I saw what you did there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb - Page 4 Empty Re: PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb

Post by Guest 2018-01-26, 19:02

Floyd Robertson wrote:

This is important in light of Panera crying foul and asking the FDA to change the definition of what can be called an egg.
Floyd Robertson wrote:

This is important in light of Panera crying foul and asking the FDA to change the definition of what can be called an egg.

Damn Floyd - you're in the middle of every controversy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-26, 19:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I read that as Pantera and got really confused.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-26, 19:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think Floyd is actually some kind of international precious metal smuggling ring and is just using his Barney fife condo living persona as a mask to keep us talking about his oh shucks attitude and the FBI off his ass.

I mean, we saw the socks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-26, 19:25

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think Floyd is actually some kind of international precious metal smuggling ring and is just using his Barney fife condo living persona as a mask to keep us talking about his oh shucks attitude and the FBI off his ass.

I mean, we saw the socks.

PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb - Page 4 502811600

Got me pegged
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 19:59

Checked the Kroger ad tonight because the daughter is going to be near one tomorrow.

21-25CT per # Large Shrimp for $5.98# in a 2# bag is damned reasonable.
I've bought these a couple times and have been pretty damned happy with them.

Also Strawberries 3/$5, no idea if these are FL or South American.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-31, 20:01

LooseGoose wrote:Checked the Kroger ad tonight because the daughter is going to be near one tomorrow.

I got FL strawberries at the fruit market last weekend if that is any indication.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-31, 20:01

LooseGoose wrote:Checked the Kroger ad tonight because the daughter is going to be near one tomorrow.

I’m on the shrimp. Fruit has been average at my Kroger.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-31, 20:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I got FL strawberries at the fruit market last weekend if that is any indication.

I hope so, they're usually a better berry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-01, 09:20

I went to Kroger this morning, the strawberries looked pretty bad and were from Mexico.  Meijer also has strawberries 3/$5 this week.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-01, 09:57

MSU addict wrote:I went to Kroger this morning, the strawberries looked pretty bad and were from Mexico.  Meijer also has strawberries 3/$5 this week.

Does the fruit/vegetables ever look that good at the grocery store? I gladly spend and extra 20-30 minutes stopping at the fruit market; it always seems like you have to eat the grocery store produce within 72 hours or pitch it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-01, 10:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:I went to Kroger this morning, the strawberries looked pretty bad and were from Mexico.  Meijer also has strawberries 3/$5 this week.

Does the fruit/vegetables ever look that good at the grocery store? I gladly spend and extra 20-30 minutes stopping at the fruit market; it always seems like you have to eat the grocery store produce within 72 hours or pitch it.
While I would generally agree, I live an hour away from a decent fruit market. It is more of an "if I am in the area" thing.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-01, 10:34

MSU addict wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

While I would generally agree, I live an hour away from a decent fruit market. It is more of an "if I am in the area" thing.

Hmmm. I can see where that might present a challenge. Or a business opportunity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-01, 10:34

MSU addict wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Same here, in the summer I hit all the farms I can so I my selections. In the winter up here it sucks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 19:14

So I’m doing super bowl shopping. My Kroger now sells individual sticks of celery for 25 cents apiece. What in the actual fuck? Who buys that? Who the fuck would buy that? Should have took a picture. Sorry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-03, 19:26

DWags wrote:So I’m doing super bowl shopping. My Kroger now sells individual sticks of celery for 25 cents apiece. What in the actual fuck? Who buys that? Who the fuck would buy that? Should have took a picture. Sorry.

You have no idea how long I've begged for this, I'm not kidding here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 19:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:So I’m doing super bowl shopping. My Kroger now sells individual sticks of celery for 25 cents apiece. What in the actual fuck? Who buys that? Who the fuck would buy that? Should have took a picture. Sorry.

I swear Floyd, when I saw that I wanted to scream! Wtf if you’re not joking tell me why?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-03, 19:53

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I swear Floyd, when I saw that I wanted to scream! Wtf if you’re not joking tell me why?

I don't need a whole bunch of celery to make chicken salad for one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-03, 20:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't need a whole bunch of celery to make chicken salad for one.
Agree with you. Have thrown out a lot of unused produce over the years.

Grocery shopping and cooking for one sucks. It is what makes carryout quite attractive.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 20:54

Now I’m pissed at both of you. Buy a bunch for a buck more. If they wilt, it’s a god damn dollar. Fuckers. Next thing is single radish. One asparagus? Guys, come the fuck on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-03, 21:03

DWags wrote:Now I’m pissed at both of you. Buy a bunch for a buck more. If they wilt, it’s a god damn dollar. Fuckers. Next thing is single radish. One asparagus? Guys, come the fuck on.

Why can't they sell celery by the pound I like everything else? Why is celery such a protected vegetable?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-03, 21:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Now I’m pissed at both of you. Buy a bunch for a buck more. If they wilt, it’s a god damn dollar. Fuckers. Next thing is single radish. One asparagus? Guys, come the fuck on.

Why can't they sell celery by the pound I like everything else? Why is celery such a protected vegetable?

Celery may need it's own thread like milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 21:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:

God damn it. Stop it. If you start buying this shit one stick at a time, we’re all fucked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-03, 21:11

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

God damn it. Stop it. If you start buying this shit one stick at a time, we’re all fucked.

PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb - Page 4 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 21:11

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Celery may need it's own thread like milk.
No it doesn’t. Stop this movement NOW!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-03, 21:20

Let's see. At 25 cents a stalk a bunch would be about $4. Then there's the small stalks inside and the leaves, which are pretty tasty...those should sell for more. $6 a bunch/head?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-03, 21:22

The Pantry wrote:Let's see. At 25 cents a stalk a bunch would be about $4. Then there's the small stalks inside and the leaves, which are pretty tasty...those should sell for more. $6 a bunch/head?

And you can buy a bunch for 1.59. See why I’m pissed?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-03, 21:27

Fuck it, I am going to order a single stick of celery and have it delivered to my door.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-02-03, 21:31

MSU addict wrote:Fuck it, I am going to order a single stick of celery and have it delivered to my door.
Makes sense to me.  Cuts down the cost of drone delivery.  Those things have obvious weight limitations.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-13, 20:38

Kroger with 2 good seafood deals starting tomorrow....$5.77# on 21-25 count raw shrimp or Alaskan Salmon.  I can vouch for the shrimp, been good every time I've bought it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-10, 15:02

Why does my Kroger put milk out, side by side, with one date March 19 and one date March 23?  I mean who the heck would......?

Last edited by DWags on 2018-03-10, 18:23; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-10, 15:24

DWags wrote:Why does my Kroger put milk out side be side with one date March 19 and one date March 23? I mean who the heck would......?

I do if I know I'll use it by the earlier date. It helps the grocer out. FIFO not LIFO, bro.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-10, 18:26

I appreciate good neighborhood people, but I'd still put the earlier milk in the first row and then fill in the row behind them with the later date.  Instead of two rows of March 19th, and 2 rows of March 23rd.  I guess if you have a family and you're a good community type guy, I understand.  But just for reference this is the same Kroger who sold single sticks of celery.  So, anyway. I'm pretty pleased with it overalll, but shit, come on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-03-19, 19:28

They’re back. What the hell is wrong with people.
PSA - Kroger has pork shoulder on sale for .99/lb - Page 4 2f608e10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-03-19, 19:41

The strings in regular celery are annoying. Always opt for the hearts.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2018-03-20, 18:12

Hey Dwags, I just bought two single stalks of celery and a gallon of milk set to expire earlier than the one next to it on the shelf. I have pictorial evidence if you need it.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-03-24, 20:06

Meijer with Rib Roast for $5.99#. I know some of you love cooking those.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-04-23, 18:05

Kroger has pork butt for 99¢/lb, four days 4/26 to 4/29 - for all of you who feel the need to get summer started.

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-04-23, 18:33

MSU addict wrote:Kroger has pork butt for 99¢/lb, four days 4/26 to 4/29 - for all of you who feel the need to get summer started.

On it. Smoke some but this weekend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-09-10, 16:04

Bump. Just scooped and scored a 9# butt.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next