Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA

+10
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
InTenSity
Herbie Green
Da Mayor
Turtleneck
DWags
tanfan!
14 posters

Go down

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA Empty Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 13:02

100th Rose Bowl.  Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Spartan nation took over LA and Santa Monica.  Took the wife and youngest daughter to the parade and the game.  That atmosphere was amazing.  Never experienced anything like that in a football type of environment.  Old school Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Then the game itself was fabulous. Stanford fans were all classy and great to be around.  You would expect that type of person as a fan who attends such an incredible school.  None of the white trash you see at a Michigan or Ohio State game.  The next day we spent it touring the city sites and driving through Malibu.  Had no idea Malibu went for over 30 miles along the coast.  Hated the traffic but loved Pasadena.  Thank you to MD for letting me live those moments.  I am confident he can get us back to the promise land.  Tell us your experiences.

Last edited by tanfan! on 2017-01-02, 18:49; edited 1 time in total
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA Empty Re: Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA

Post by DWags 2017-01-02, 13:12

tanfan! wrote:Tell us your experiences.

I watched us win. It was fucking great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA Empty Re: Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-02, 13:17

tanfan! wrote:100th Rose Bowl.  Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Spartan nation took over LA and Santa Monica.  Took the wife and youngest daughter to the parade and the game.  That atmosphere was amazing.  Never experienced anything like that in a football type of environment.  Old school Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Then the game itself was fabulous. Stanford fans were all classy and great to be around.  You would expect that type of person as a fan who attends such an incredible school.  None of the white trash you see at a Michigan or Ohio State game.  The next day we spent it touring the city sites and driving through Malibu.  Had no idea Malibu went for over 30 miles along the coast.  Hated the traffic but loved Pasadena.  Thank you to MD for letting me live those moments.  I am confident he can't get us back to the promise land.  Tell us your experiences.

Hi, gHost.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-02, 14:14

I had an incredible time. Perfect weather (it looks chilly there today), went to the pep rally and parade, and had great seats for the game. Everything is still very fresh in my memory.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-02, 14:57

tanfan! wrote:100th Rose Bowl.  Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Spartan nation took over LA and Santa Monica.  Took the wife and youngest daughter to the parade and the game.  That atmosphere was amazing.  Never experienced anything like that in a football type of environment.  Old school Big Ten vs. Pac Ten.  Then the game itself was fabulous. Stanford fans were all classy and great to be around.  You would expect that type of person as a fan who attends such an incredible school.  None of the white trash you see at a Michigan or Ohio State game.  The next day we spent it touring the city sites and driving through Malibu.  Had no idea Malibu went for over 30 miles along the coast.  Hated the traffic but loved Pasadena.  Thank you to MD for letting me live those moments.  I am confident he can't get us back to the promise land.  Tell us your experiences.

Step it up you lazy old fucker, that was the weakest trolling effort I've ever seen on your part.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-02, 16:15

It was a great time. I got snowed in and went boogie boarding at Huntington for two days and ate fish tacos.
My goal in life is to return there ine day and get up on a surf board
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-02, 16:51

Best $500 I've ever spent.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-01-02, 16:58

What a glorious day. Worth every penny I spent on it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 18:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:What a glorious day. Worth every penny I spent on it

I bought the dvd and might just plop it in the DVD player tonight.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 18:45

InTenSity wrote:Best $500 I've ever spent.

Didn't you have to fly out right after the game?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-02, 18:47

tanfan! wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:What a glorious day. Worth every penny I spent on it

Thank you for pointing out that you plan to put the DVD in a DVD player so you can watch it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 18:50

Turtleneck wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Thank you for pointing out that you plan to put the DVD in a DVD player so you can watch it.

Why don't you go fuck yourself.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-02, 19:11

tanfan! wrote:

Didn't you have to fly out right after the game?
Yup, but still got 4 tickets, one night stay and food. Used miles and got bumped to first class on the way home. I couldn't take time off from work. Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-02, 19:15

We used airbnb to find a house in Pasadena that was walking distance from downtown and the stadium. There was a liquor store about a half block away and a BWW across the street from the liquor store. That turned out to be a perfect setup. People there like to throw tortillas at cars for some reason.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-02, 19:16

I stayed in Turtleneck's room. He wouldn't let me take the other bed, so I had to have them deliver the spare twin bed into the room.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 19:26

Death Roe wrote:I stayed in Turtleneck's room. He wouldn't let me take the other bed, so I had to have them deliver the spare twin bed into the room.

I doubt very much turtle dick went.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-02, 19:27

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We used airbnb to find a house in Pasadena that was walking distance from downtown and the stadium. There was a liquor store about a half block away and a BWW across the street from the liquor store. That turned out to be a perfect setup. People there like to throw tortillas at cars for some reason.

We stayed at the case Del mar right on the beach. Rented bikes and rode to Venice.  What you did was brilliant.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-03, 07:51

other than all of UM's losses - which, to this day, allows me to gain some sort of circumspect solace relative to what they've done to me and my family..  that warm, glowing evening in southern California - when our scholar-athletes took the field to defend what is right in the world.. will forever be a cherished memory.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-03, 08:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:other than all of UM's losses - which, to this day, allows me to gain some sort of circumspect solace relative to what they've done to me and my family..  that warm, glowing evening in southern California - when our scholar-athletes took the field to defend what is right in the world.. will forever be a cherished memory.

INDEED! cheers
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-03, 08:10

tanfan! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:other than all of UM's losses - which, to this day, allows me to gain some sort of circumspect solace relative to what they've done to me and my family..  that warm, glowing evening in southern California - when our scholar-athletes took the field to defend what is right in the world.. will forever be a cherished memory.

INDEED! cheers
and I didn't even watch the game..  Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-01-03, 14:01

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gets extremely nostalgic about it each time it's on. I wonder when/if I will ever be able to watch a Rose Bowl without thinking happy thoughts.

The entire experience from start to end, the city, Spartans everywhere, MSU billboards that I placed, hanging with great folks that are now here like InTenSity, Tanny, gHost, as well as others from tRCMB that aren't on tSwill. Tanny and gHost we're actually buddies then, and really cute together.

It was like a great coming together. I met up with my old room mate who I hadn't seen since my wedding in 2002. Met up with my cousin and her husband, who I rarely get to see. Ran into some MSU friends from down here.

Just so many personal things that came together just right that I won't even get into, which made it all feel so very meant to be. When Dantonio calls it a "Life Moment", that just sums it up for me and so many Spartans.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-03, 14:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gets extremely nostalgic about it each time it's on. I wonder when/if I will ever be able to watch a Rose Bowl without thinking happy thoughts.

The entire experience from start to end, the city, Spartans everywhere, MSU billboards that I placed, hanging with great folks that are now here like InTenSity, Tanny, gHost, as well as others from tRCMB that aren't on tSwill. Tanny and gHost we're actually buddies then, and really cute together.

It was like a great coming together. I met up with my old room mate who I hadn't seen since my wedding in 2002. Met up with my cousin and her husband, who I rarely get to see. Ran into some MSU friends from down here.

Just so many personal things that came together just right that I won't even get into, which made it all feel so very meant to be. When Dantonio calls it a "Life Moment", that just sums it up for me and so many Spartans.

I had a great time at the Rose Bowl! There was nothing quite like it, and there never will be. As an MSU fan, it truly was a once in a lifetime experience, even if we went to and won more Rose Bowls in the future. That one day was extremely special to me. Had a great time!
gHost Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gets extremely nostalgic about it each time it's on. I wonder when/if I will ever be able to watch a Rose Bowl without thinking happy thoughts.

I had a great time at the Rose Bowl! There was nothing quite like it, and there never will be. As an MSU fan, it truly was a once in a lifetime experience, even if we went to and won more Rose Bowls in the future. That one day was extremely special to me. Had a great time!

I said it at the time and I still believe it - I'd rather go to the Rose Bowl than the national championship game.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-03, 14:35

this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-03, 14:38

gHost Spartan wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

I said it at the time and I still believe it - I'd rather go to the Rose Bowl than the national championship game.

Hi gHost Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 3003718628

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 4113017228 I'm cum.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-01-03, 16:07

Da Mayor wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Hi gHost Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 3003718628

Today is the Rose Bowl and I can't help but recall how great that week was out there in LA 4113017228 I'm cum.

Whatever, Nigel
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-01-03, 16:26

The whole weekend was amazing. Started at the pep rally and couldn't believe how many MSU fans were there. I was ready to run through a wall after cousins came out and spoke. Tailgated from 7am to kick off. Also walked to see the parade. 75 and sunny with no humidity.

The lemonade they sold their was so fucking good. I remember sipping it as Langford got us on the board. I still remember the fight song echoing off the mountains and the chill running down my spine.

Went to Huntington Beach the day after to enjoy the weather.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-01-03, 17:49

How long did you cry for when Stanford marched right down the field and scored on their first drive?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-03, 18:26

duffy munn wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

Whatever, Nigel

Bite me, RP.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-04, 15:09

I had a fantastic time at the Rose Bowl.

We flew out on NYE, landed and went down to the Staples Center where we watched the Lakers game from a suite. Drank champagne, ate sushi, celebrated the new year.

We woke up early on NYD, and headed to Pasadena where I attended a pre-parade breakfast hosted by a business contact of mine, then went down and watched the parade from the grandstands.

After that, it was an awesome day of tailgating and we watched our amazing MSU victory from the 10th row. We spent the rest of the week lounging in our AirBNB house on the beach, eating at awesome restaurants, visiting a few friends, seeing the rest of LA. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters...

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-01-04, 15:46

Phil McCrackin wrote:I had a fantastic time at the Rose Bowl.

We flew out on NYE, landed and went down to the Staples Center where we watched the Lakers game from a suite. Drank champagne, ate sushi, celebrated the new year.

We woke up early on NYD, and headed to Pasadena where I attended a pre-parade breakfast hosted by a business contact of mine, then went down and watched the parade from the grandstands.

After that, it was an awesome day of tailgating and we watched our amazing MSU victory from the 10th row. We spent the rest of the week lounging in our AirBNB house on the beach, eating at awesome restaurants, visiting a few friends, seeing the rest of LA. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters...

My wife and my daughter fell in love with LA.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down