Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill...

2 posters

Go down

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill... Empty Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill...

Post by The Pantry Sat May 31, 2014 4:14 pm

...since the repeal of the helmet law here in Michigan and in other states, do you wear one or not?

Never been into bikes but have a longtime friend and co-worker that has been riding over 45 years.   Started with dirt bikes as a kid and added street bikes when he was able to get a license.

He went for a ride on his cruiser with his wife on Monday out to Armada with their son riding along with them on my friend's sportbike.  They had lunch and started heading back home.  

A couple miles into the trip an 18 year old chick did a rolling stop through a 2-way stop off a dirt road and hit my friend and his wife broadside, with their son trailing behind watching in horror as his parents were thrown into a ditch.  The chick claimed she never saw them.

Going to be a rough summer for both of them.  She suffered 4 pelvic fractures and a couple in her leg...she'll be on her back for 2 months after getting out of the hospital in a week or two.  He was released from the hospital a couple days ago after surgery to repair a badly mangled foot...all toes broken and/or dislocated.  Even worse was his heel was nearly severed off.  Foot was put in a cast but his doctors say if it doesn't heal correctly, amputation.  He can't put any weight on it for at least 2 months.

Haven't been out to see him yet but he sounds pretty good on the phone...maybe it's the meds.  He sent me a few pics.  For some reason the one of his wife's helmet won't load here but the damage looks a lot like his plus having its face shield ripped off.  Fortunately, neither of them sustained head injuries.

All-in-all things could have been a lot worse

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill... Accide11

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill... Accide12

Last edited by The Pantry on Sat May 31, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill... Empty Re: Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill...

Post by InTenSity Sat May 31, 2014 4:46 pm

My uncle sees them as future donors. He works in the er.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill... Empty Re: Question for motorcycle enthusiasts of tSwill...

Post by The Pantry Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 pm

InTenSity wrote:My uncle sees them as future donors. He works in the er.
Bikers in general or just the Darwinian no helmet bikers?

The helmet law repeal has to be reaping huge cost savings to insurance companies
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat May 31, 2014 8:53 pm

The Pantry wrote:Bikers in general or just the Darwinian no helmet bikers?

The helmet law repeal has to be reaping huge cost savings to insurance companies

Those without helmets. I hate eating dinner with him. I don't need to know some of the stories.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Good news. Had his cast removed today for the first time since surgery on Memorial Day. His doc says his foot is healing well and amputation is no longer a concern.

Unfortunately, his wife is still in the hospital.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

This Motorcycle Concept Uses Air Jets to Prevent Skids and Crashes

Who needs a helmet now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down