Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game?

+8
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Clarett's Folly
DWags
Izzo Court
tanfan!
kingstonlake
12 posters

Go down

Minny in Indy

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_lcap33%When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_lcap20%When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_lcap0%When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_lcap47%When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Empty When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game?

Post by kingstonlake Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 7:53

I'm gonna say his first senior class will be there.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Empty Re: When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game?

Post by kingstonlake Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 7:54

Oh, and he will never leave Minnesota for East Lansing as a head coach
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? Empty Re: When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game?

Post by tanfan! Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 8:01

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602
kingstonlake wrote:I'm gonna say his first senior class will be there.

Muffy and Nigel have been going bonkers on the RCMB defending the entire coaching staff. Last night those two were extremely busy attacking with a vim anyone suggesting assistant coaching changes were needed. Nigel sent one poster into a tilt as he kept harrassing him for page after page (sound familiar?). The guy finally said, "I am not going to debate with you because I can see you will never accept an opinion other than your own and you won't stop until you think you won." When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:28

Head coaches like Fleck tend to hit the ground running. Whether he can maintain the instant success will be the big question.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:39

kingstonlake wrote:Oh, and he will never leave Minnesota for East Lansing as a head coach

We dodged a bullet. JMO
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:46

tanfan! wrote: When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602

Muffy and Nigel have been going bonkers on the RCMB defending the entire coaching staff. Last night those two were extremely busy attacking with a vim anyone suggesting assistant coaching changes were needed. Nigel sent one poster into a tilt as he kept harrassing him for page after page (sound familiar?). The guy finally said, "I am not going to debate with you because I can see you will never accept an opinion other than your own and you won't stop until you think you won." When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602

OK. Thanks for the rcmb update?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:47

He won't.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:50

tanfan! wrote: When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602

Just a reminder. Please try to keep the stuff with you Ghost P Rob and S.B's like myself in a couple threads. Please try to stay on point with the threads titles here. Hope you can, because you can contribute in positive ways, and your fights are funny too. They get repetitive if we see them in every thread we open.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:02

kingstonlake wrote:Oh, and he will never leave Minnesota for East Lansing as a head coach

More possible than leaving WMU for MSU. If he has any success there, he'll move on to a better job somewhere (and by success, I mean winning 8-9 games/year). It will be a lot easier to make the BigTen Championship Game in the West, but he's still got to overtake Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:10

Muffy and Nigel have been going bonkers on the RCMB defending the entire coaching staff.  Last night those two were extremely busy attacking with a vim anyone suggesting assistant coaching changes were needed.  Nigel sent one poster into a tilt as he kept harrassing him for page after page (sound familiar?).  The guy finally said, "I am not going to debate with you because I can see you will never accept an opinion other than your own and you won't stop until you think you won."  When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f602

Whoever wrote that knows Nigel pretty well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:11

NigelUno wrote:

More possible than leaving WMU for MSU. If he has any success there, he'll move on to a better job somewhere (and by success, I mean winning 8-9 games/year). It will be a lot easier to make the BigTen Championship Game in the West, but he's still got to overtake Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.

And this is why he will never make the move.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:41

This fascination with PJF the coach is a bit RCMBish itself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 10:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This fascination with PJF the coach is a bit RCMBish itself.

It's a good hire for Minnesota, and a good job for him to take.

I think anyone thinking he would get a bigger job got caught up in the hype.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:44

I want pj to succeed just so wbh and dwags can stop being wet blankets about the whole thing.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 11:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I want pj to succeed just so wbh and dwags can stop being wet blankets about the whole thing.

Lots of coaches succeed who I have a personal problem with. I don't get what your issue is here. I hated Tressel, didn't like what he allowed to happen. Fucker won championships. I think Calipari is a scumbag. Fucker puts teams out there that are fun as hell to watch. The scum bag baseball coach from Michigan who had Larkins and Chris Sabo Mike Watters Chris Jacobson et al, had a great college program. He was a scumbag too.

Not calling Fleck a scumbag. Think he's a hell of a coach. I'll go further and say he'll succeed at Minnesota. So I don't like him. That's my issue.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:00

I love PJ's shtick and find him hilarious. Hell I think I started his fan club here. I want him to succeed because he's a blast to watch.

That said I just am kinda shocked and honestly have to question the sports acumen/senility of anyone who intimates in any fashion that they would rather have PJ as MSU's HFBC than Mark Dantonio. I'm guessing most are trolling but who knows.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love PJ's shtick and find him hilarious. Hell I think I started his fan club here. I want him to succeed because he's a blast to watch.

That said I just am kinda shocked and honestly have to question the sports acumen/senility of anyone who intimates in any fashion that they would rather have PJ as MSU's HFBC than Mark Dantonio. I'm guessing most are trolling but who knows.

Please get it right, we paid big $$ for this: The Swill Message Board Head Football Coach Mark Dantonio.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:30

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 502811600 I laughed at "Rowphers" . Nice work.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love PJ's shtick and find him hilarious. Hell I think I started his fan club here. I want him to succeed because he's a blast to watch.

I think you are giving people too much credit WBH. I think most are just fucking dumb.

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? YgYMWE

Alright, I'm going to go back to being Elite now.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:37

I'm shocked at the # of Fleck doubters in this thread.

The sleeping giant will be awakened.

You know they won a Natty in 1960?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:40

Do not confuse hatred with love for CMD. CMD is a baaaad man.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:49

I'd prefer MD as msu's coach right now. In three years or so. Who knows. I wouldn't expect him to coach forever. Enjoy life. This shit takes it's toll.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:50

Clarett's Folly wrote:He won't.

I've been on the record that I don't want his shtick anywhere near E.L.  And I question if his shtick could work at a high profile place with high profile croots.

But I think this is a good landing spot for him.  First off the BIG West is not a powerhouse.  Any team from the division has the ability to win it.  Minny has been solid since Glen Mason (minus the Brewster years).  He'll have to overcome the geographic recruiting issue, but others have had success and so does the entire BIG West.  And above all, his shtick can work there.

In many ways the BIG West is like the MAC. The talent level is equalized. The winning formula in the MAC has been, you get a competent coach and a veteran team and you win the MAC (then the coach bails). It has been repeated over and over and over with different teams because for the most part they start out on an equal playing field. Same can happen in the BIG West.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 12:56

Nordic wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:He won't.

I've been on the record that I don't want his shtick anywhere near E.L.  And I question if his shtick could work at a high profile place with high profile croots.

But I think this is a good landing spot for him.  First off the BIG West is not a powerhouse.  Any team from the division has the ability to win it.  Minny has been solid since Glen Mason (minus the Brewster years).  He'll have to overcome the geographic recruiting issue, but others have had success and so does the entire BIG West.  And above all, his shtick can work there.

In many ways the BIG West is like the MAC. The talent level is equalized. The winning formula in the MAC has been, you get a competent coach and a veteran team and you win the MAC (then the coach bails). It has been repeated over and over and over with different teams because for the most part they start out on an equal playing field. Same can happen in the BIG West.

I wish we were in the West.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:21

I'm firmly on the Dantonio train. I would never give up my ticket to get a seat in a row boat. If the train runs out of track, I'm getting getting on an Italian horse from Pittsburgh.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:26

DWags wrote:I'm firmly on the Dantonio train. I would never give up my ticket to get a seat in a row boat. If the train runs out of track, I'm getting getting on an Italian horse from Pittsburgh.

I thought Izzo was from the UP?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 9:46

Check in here if you said 3-4 years. Looking like it’s a good possibility.

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f618
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:23

kingstonlake wrote:Check in here if you said 3-4 years. Looking like it’s a good possibility.

When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1f618

If he makes it I’m rooting for the boat rowing over the Buckeyes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:42

Nov 16 will be huge.

PJ Fleck hasn’t “Rowed the Boat” carrying Floyd of Rosedale
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:44

I’d rather have fleck right now. Too obvious? I’m on mobile someone post him crowdsurfing the locker room When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 10:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’d rather have fleck right now. Too obvious? I’m on mobile someone post him crowdsurfing the locker room When will Fleck have the Rowphers in the B1G championship game? 1966794946

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 11:05

Thanks. Love his vibes. Man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 11:07

I’d rather have Saban right now.  Just as obvious.

It’s all timing.  In Dantonio’s previous 10 seasons his record was 91-41 and the 2015 Dantonio's coached team went 12-2 then bouncing back from 3-9 in 2016 to 10-3 in 2017.

MSU wasn’t going to replace Dantonio to hire Fleck in 2016. Dantonio had 5 seasons of 10 wins or more.

The PJ Fleck could be coaching in EL is a study of 20/20 hindsight that required looking into the future after MSU football going 10-3 in 2017 after Fleck went to MN.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 12:23

GRR Spartan wrote:I’d rather have Saban right now.  Just as obvious.

It’s all timing.  In Dantonio’s previous 10 seasons his record was 91-41 and the 2015 Dantonio's coached team went 12-2 then bouncing back from 3-9 in 2016 to 10-3 in 2017.

MSU wasn’t going to replace Dantonio to hire Fleck in 2016. Dantonio had 5 seasons of 10 wins or more.

The PJ Fleck could be coaching in EL is a study of 20/20 hindsight that required looking into the future after MSU football going 10-3 in 2017 after Fleck went to MN.

Did you vote in the poll?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 12:31

GRR Spartan wrote:I’d rather have Saban right now.  Just as obvious.

It’s all timing.  In Dantonio’s previous 10 seasons his record was 91-41 and the 2015  Dantonio's coached team went 12-2 then bouncing back from  3-9 in 2016 to 10-3 in 2017.

MSU wasn’t going to replace Dantonio to hire Fleck in 2016.  Dantonio had 5  seasons of 10 wins or more.

The PJ Fleck could be coaching in EL is a study of 20/20 hindsight that required looking into the future after MSU football going 10-3 in 2017  after Fleck went to MN.

To your point obviously he wasn’t going to be replaced in 2016. Message board over reaction and speculation is all fun and games. I guess the reason the speculation was spurred was because of some extremely curious circumstances and choices on MD’s part. Probably to much to list and of course hindsight is 20-20. Obviously those choices blew up in the programs face. Most gave him the benefit of the doubt which he earned. It’s hard to do that now. Losses matter. It’s a money game now. I’m just stunned that lessons weren’t learned from previous bad choices and maybe this years team is a product of those choices still and it burns. But here we are.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 12:34

I forget which team from the west was in Indy last year. Northwestern? If it’s not Wisconsin and obviously Iowa I remember, it’s hard to remember.

Now if we have a poll as to when any coach other than Dantonio, the current coach at Wisconsin (been a couple)or Franklin WIN a big ten championship. Other than OSU I’ll vote never.

Franklin because he can recruit
Wisconsin because they have great o lines and RB’s
Dantonio because he can coach

Who else will win one? When? Maybe Jim Harbaugh?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 13:03

No.
Back back date me as one who would have voted never because I didn’t think he’d be there long enough (5 years+) to have MN in a position to get there.

Fleck’s team still has to beat Iowa at Kinnick.  If that happens Minnesota wins the West if they beat Northwestern even if they lose to a 2 loss Wisconsin team for their last game.

I remember talking to a major WMU donor (car dealer) who happens to be a customer in Kalamazoo.  The year WMU made Fleck the highest paid MAC coach he told me two things.

That WMU had just upset the budgets for every other member of the MAC and then, “$700K is huge for WMU and the MAC but don’t think PJ will be here too long before a Big Ten or Big 12 school offers much more and he’ll leave.  Regardless of what he says about how good his life is in Kalamazoo”

Personally I think Minnesota did the right thing by circling the wagons and giving Fleck a new contract this year before FSU had a chance to talk to him.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down