Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at?

+6
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Go down

yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at? Empty yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 10:52

and what do you recommend? want to go out and get a streaming device for MSU hoops, Cook, Lions, Pistons

go sports!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at? Empty Re: yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at?

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 10:55

Easy answer - Amazon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at? Empty Re: yo swill where the roku/firestick/whatever deals at?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 10:56

LooseGoose wrote:Easy answer - Amazon.

The basketball game starts in 2 hours goose.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 11:02

You can't afford the regular price of $40 for a fire stick? Maybe Bob can stash 40 bucks at a local library for you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 11:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Easy answer - Amazon.

The basketball game starts in 2 hours goose.

They have drones you know....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 11:05

kingstonlake wrote:You can't afford the regular price of $40 for a fire stick? Maybe Bob can stash 40 bucks at a local library for you?

not being able to afford =/ spending more than I have to.

fuck your aggressiveness.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-07, 11:14

Craigslist in Denver seems to have a wide selection of Firesticks and Rokus listed. Some new and loaded with Kodi, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 11:18

kingstonlake wrote:You can't afford the regular price of $40 for a fire stick? Maybe Bob can stash 40 bucks at a local library for you?

not being able to afford =/ spending more than I have to.

fuck your aggressiveness.

Early entry for ironic post of the year....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 11:22

Just buy a damn firestick for $40 and load up Kodi through a tutorial on the web yourself and save money vs buying one preloaded for more than $40.

Jesus the millenial generation has to have their hands held through every process that requires more than one procedure, layer of thought or level of effort for a desired end result. We're doomed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 11:29

amazon firestick for 40 or roku streaming stick for 50 is what i'm down to you guys. my bro says go with the roku.

goose - you went on craigslist. you truly are a saint. i love you. i take back calling you a sheep.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 11:43

You can't load Kodi in a Roku. You'll have to pay for everything on a Roku. A firestick is the only device you can "manipulate".......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 11:48

kingstonlake wrote:You can't load Kodi in a Roku. You'll have to pay for everything on a Roku. A firestick is the only device you can "manipulate".......

thank you for the information kingston. I am sorry I said fuck your aggressiveness. looking back, it was a solid joke.

Re: Kodi, I haven't even heard of that before. I don't pay for shit as I have a ton of log-ins for different services as I mooch of others, but this is intriguing if I can do that to another level.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-07, 11:49

kingstonlake wrote:You can't load Kodi in a Roku. You'll have to pay for everything on a Roku. A firestick is the only device you can "manipulate".......

thank you for the information kingston. I am sorry I said fuck your aggressiveness. looking back, it was a solid joke.

Re: Kodi, I haven't even heard of that before. I don't pay for shit as I have a ton of log-ins for different services as I mooch of others, but this is intriguing if I can do that to another level.

We just call that the "sharing economy" now. Makes you sound sophisticated.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-07, 11:55

:giggle:
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 12:22

No worries lol. Kodi is nice and all you need is wifi @ home. Hell you can even load it on your phone and use data. Watched Rousey get face mangled last weekend. For free......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-07, 22:29

kingstonlake wrote:

No worries lol. Kodi is nice and all you need is wifi @ home. Hell you can even load it on your phone and use data. Watched Rousey get face mangled last weekend. For free......

So you can literally watch anything? Like movies or what's the scale here? I got the firstick from Best Buy today. So far so good.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-01-07, 22:30

Kodi is like an app that has apps built into it. You can add more. You can get live TV, etc. I have Exodus on Kodi that gives me pretty much any movie I would want to watch. It's sweet.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-07, 22:34

Still no reliable way to watch live sports on Kodi though. At least that I have found.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-07, 23:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Still no reliable way to watch live sports on Kodi though. At least that I have found.

You gotta be patient. I use the Pulse build with Kodi. I've never not been able to watch a sporting event. Watched UFC, out of market NFL, etc. Ya just gotta search.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-11-14, 16:32

Bump for a roku question. Any difference in the apps/functionality of a roku stick vs a TV with Roku built in? Obviously, the mobility of the stick, but in terms of the apps or anything?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-14, 16:35

To quote a mighty fine Swiller:
I don’t know. - Death Roe
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-11-15, 12:18

I'm pretty behind the times in things.

For firestick clarification: a hacked firestick as the kodi on it? What do you get with just a regular firestick?

And my understanding is you still cant watch sports games, or only certain lives games? How does that work if you can?

Yes, I'm sure I can google. But I figured I would get more accurate info from you guys.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-11-15, 12:34

Dendrobates wrote:I'm pretty behind the times in things.

For firestick clarification: a hacked firestick as the kodi on it? What do you get with just a regular firestick?

And my understanding is you still cant watch sports games, or only certain lives games? How does that work if you can?

Yes, I'm sure I can google. But I figured I would get more accurate info from you guys.

I know very little, but just added YoutubeTV for $50/mo and get pretty much anything I care about, all the sports, locals, etc.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down