Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fidelity Retirement Score. Take the test and see where you are at.

+12
duffy munn
Nordic
xsanguine
DWags
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
I.B. Fine
Snake Plissken
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
tanfan!
16 posters

Go down

Fidelity Retirement Score.  Take the test and see where you are at.  Empty Fidelity Retirement Score. Take the test and see where you are at.

Post by tanfan! Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Don't know how accurate this calculator is, but it's a nice way to gauge where you are at and what you need to do.
https://www.fidelity.com/calculators-tools/fidelity-retirement-score-tool
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Fidelity Retirement Score.  Take the test and see where you are at.  Empty Re: Fidelity Retirement Score. Take the test and see where you are at.

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Do not tell me what to do, Tanfan! Plus I'm betting on the world ending before retirement age.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fidelity Retirement Score.  Take the test and see where you are at.  Empty Re: Fidelity Retirement Score. Take the test and see where you are at.

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm

seems like it would be easy for a retiree to gauge how accurate it is...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

It says I can retire at age 93.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:42 pm

LooseGoose wrote:It says I can retire at age 93.
Good luck with that Fidelity Retirement Score.  Take the test and see where you are at.  1550444538
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:It says I can retire at age 93.

On the bright side, at least it's not that far off.
Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm hoping to retire off the money I make selling this board.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:34 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:I'm hoping to retire off the money I make selling this board.

You're doing it wrong by not getting "donates" to cover the "board expenses" until then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Probably some time next year if you give Blanch blog space.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 pm

You'll be able to travel a lot in your retirement, perhaps as far as Alabama.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:26 pm

It says I'm good. Which is good since I'm already retired. I really didn't ask what Fidelity what they thought of my decision even though I have a Fidelity account.

My experience in the little over 1 year since I called it quits at age 57 is that you don't need quite as much money as some of the 'experts' said. We downsized and that helps. But it's just live within you means and things have a way of working out. We live very simply, but we have enough to be happy on.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Frank Ricard wrote:It says I'm good. Which is good since I'm already retired. I really didn't ask what Fidelity what they thought of my decision even though I have a Fidelity account.

My experience in the little over 1 year since I called it quits at age 57 is that you don't need quite as much money as some of the 'experts' said. We downsized and that helps. But it's just live within you means and things have a way of working out. We live very simply, but we have enough to be happy on.

This is a pleasant post
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:36 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:It says I'm good. Which is good since I'm already retired. I really didn't ask what Fidelity what they thought of my decision even though I have a Fidelity account.

This is a pleasant post

I hate its optimism.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:It says I'm good.  Which is good since I'm already retired. I really didn't ask what Fidelity what they thought of my decision even though I have a Fidelity account.

My experience in the little over 1 year since I called it quits at age 57 is that you don't need quite as much money as some of the 'experts' said.  We downsized and that helps.  But it's just live within you means and things have a way of working out.  We live very simply, but we have enough to be happy on.

This is a pleasant post

I hate its optimism.

I'm in the "like it" camp.  Frank and I seem to think alike.  

I typed my stuff into that thing-a-ma-jig and lol'd when it told me how much I'd need monthly to be "comfortable".

Edit: And yes, I understand how inflation works.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:02 pm

I guess I have to work till I'm 183 years old. Or get rid of my cocaine and hooker habit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 pm

DWags wrote:I guess I have to work till I'm 183 years old. Or get rid of my cocaine and hooker habit.

Don't give up. Never give up. Never. At least that's what the nice people said during some basketball games earlier in the year. You should really follow their advice.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:It says I'm good.  Which is good since I'm already retired. I really didn't ask what Fidelity what they thought of my decision even though I have a Fidelity account.

My experience in the little over 1 year since I called it quits at age 57 is that you don't need quite as much money as some of the 'experts' said.  We downsized and that helps.  But it's just live within you means and things have a way of working out.  We live very simply, but we have enough to be happy on.

This is a pleasant post

And an accurate post.   I've been fully retired for a couple years and the key as Frank said is reducing expenses.  Some of it occurs naturally and some of it comes from just watching where you can cut things out you won't really miss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 pm

It says I could retire right now but I'm going to wait until my daughter graduates from high skool. Then we will downsize and do nothing.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:

This is a pleasant post

And an accurate post.   I've been fully retired for a couple years and the key as Frank said is reducing expenses.  Some of it occurs naturally and some of it comes from just watching where you can cut things out you won't really miss.

Live below your means and you can amass a lot of money. My good buddy is an oral surgeon with a high maintenance wife. He's in his mid fifties and just bought a 1.6 million dollar house a few streets down from me. He doesn't even talk about retiring. Why? Because he can't. His fucking wife keeps spending money on Botox and all of that stepford wives shit. He's trapped in a loveless marriage.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:59 pm

tanfan! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Live below your means and you can amass a lot of money. My good buddy is an oral surgeon with a high maintenance wife. He's in his mid fifties and just bought a 1.6 million dollar house a few streets down from me. He doesn't even talk about retiring. Why? Because he can't. His fucking wife keeps spending money on Botox and all of that stepford wives shit. He's trapped in a loveless marriage.

He's that insecure that he can't find a less expensive broad? Does he resemble the hunchback of Notre Dame or something?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:04 am

xsanguine wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

He's that insecure that he can't find a less expensive broad? Does he resemble the hunchback of Notre Dame or something?

The cost of divorcing her would murder him. Permanent alimony, etc etc. he sleeps in a different room in the house. She needles him in front of my wife and I. My wife hates her and won't hang out with her anymore. He's a great guy too.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am

i am hopEing too pHrofit from premUim postore profets
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:24 am

tanfan! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

The cost of divorcing her would murder him. Permanent alimony, etc etc. he sleeps in a different room in the house. She needles him in front of my wife and I. My wife hates her and won't hang out with her anymore. He's a great guy too.

No prenup either?!?!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:33 am

I'm just going to throw $20 in a shoe box every time Tanner mentions Nigel or myself.

Should be good to go.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 am

I didn't know the answers to some of the questions.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

tanfan! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

This is an unpleasant post.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:00 am

duffy munn wrote:I'm just going to throw $20 in a shoe box every time Tanner mentions Nigel or myself.

Should be good to go.

I certainly do not plan on spending my retirement days policing several message boards looking for posters who don't agree with your narrative so you can attack and stalk them daily as an MSU shill.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:01 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't know the answers to some of the questions.

Bob, just take your weekly allowance from Mrs. Sak and don't ask questions.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 am

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:I'm just going to throw $20 in a shoe box every time Tanner mentions Nigel or myself.

Should be good to go.

I certainly do not plan on spending my retirement days policing several message boards looking for posters who don't agree with your narrative so you can attack and stalk them daily as an MSU shill.

Nah, you will spend them frantically scanning several message boards to see if I'm posting.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't know the answers to some of the questions.

Bob, just take your weekly allowance from Mrs. Sak and don't ask questions.
that's exactly what I didn't have enough information to complete the online quiz.

I mow, rake leaves, shovel the driveway, take out the trash, perform basic carpentry/plumbing repairs and work to maintain the overall jovial mood within the house. She takes care of the bills.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 am

duffy munn wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Nah, you will spend them frantically scanning several message boards to see if I'm posting.

Yeah, that's it. Fidelity Retirement Score.  Take the test and see where you are at.  502811600
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm

69 it says for me!
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:12 pm

I think it's broken. Retire next year?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Mine says "Baller".
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down