Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals?

+6
P Rob
The Pantry
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
tanfan!
10 posters

Go down

Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals? Empty Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals?

Post by tanfan! Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 8:53

Seems like that website inflates home values and is not at all an accurate gauge of what a certified appraiser would value the home. Thinking about doing a refi to build a bonus room but zillo has got my home at zilly but deep down I know it's silly. Fuck refi. affraid
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals? Empty Re: Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals?

Post by Da Mayor Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 8:55

Ballers don't need to refi to build a bonus room.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals? Empty Re: Zillo. Scam or fairly accurate house appraisals?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:05

Zillow is always on the high side. Realtor seems more accurate. They do have some nice features though like pricing trends, taxes, foreclosure info. Stuff like that.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Zillow is always on the high side. Realtor seems more accurate. They do have some nice features though like pricing trends, taxes, foreclosure info. Stuff like that.
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Zillow is always on the high side. Realtor seems more accurate. They do have some nice features though like pricing trends, taxes, foreclosure info. Stuff like that.

True. I know it's off by zilly on my house.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:32

In Miami, it actually seems a little low. But typically no, I wouldn't trusts Zillow appraisal numbers.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:35

10 percent
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:35

Where I live they're full of crap.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 9:46

There is always the register of deeds to see what's sold and for how much. Real estate attorneys have their assistants do that all the time.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 10:00

Zillow has been sued because their Z-estimate can be such a load of crap. We have been in our house almost 7 years and the Z-estimate has ranged from being easily $40,000 over what our home is worth to one day suddenly being $40,000 under what it's worth. Funny enough, at the current time it's only $7k under what our house appraised at last year. The sad thing is that overall Zillow does a better job assessing homes in my area than the fricking Windor Township Assessor.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 10:14

Izzo Court wrote:Zillow has been sued because their Z-estimate can be such a load of crap. We have been in our house almost 7 years and the Z-estimate has ranged from being easily $40,000 over what our home is worth to one day suddenly being $40,000 under what it's worth. Funny enough, at the current time it's only $7k under what our house appraised at last year. The sad thing is that overall Zillow does a better job assessing homes in my area than the fricking Windor Township Assessor.

Similar situation. My house allegedly went up in value 25% in the 2 years I've owned it according to Zillow. While I wish it were true, their means of calculating values is based on more expensive home sales across Broad Street being factored in. Value varies block by block in Philly rendering their numbers useless.

F TANFAN
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 11:38

I think they're off by a good 50,000 on my house.

Fuck p rob. But fuck ghost moar
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 12:05

tanfan! wrote:I think they're off by a good 50,000 on my house.

Hey nutsack, any new client leads today?!?!
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 12:30

tanfan! wrote:I think they're off by a good 50,000 on my house.

In other words, they are within plus or minus 10%. That's all you can expect from Zillow
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 12:49

Zillow uses only basic public data to do very basic appraisals. A real appraisal uses much more data,, plus it should factor in things like condition and local variables that Zillow can not do.
So yeah, basically worth just what you pay for it.
By the way, what does an inflated, BS appraisal have to do with a refi? I assume you have tons of equity in your home, regardless, not like it will affect your property taxes.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 14:02

I.B. Fine wrote:Zillow uses only basic public data to do very basic appraisals. A real appraisal uses much more data,, plus it should factor in things like condition and local variables that Zillow can not do.
By the way, what does an inflated, BS appraisal have to do with a refi? I assume you have tons of equity in your home, regardless, not like it will affect your property taxes.

fuck equity
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 19:37

tanfan! wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Zillow uses only basic public data to do very basic appraisals. A real appraisal uses much more data,, plus it should factor in things like condition and local variables that Zillow can not do.

fuck equity

Just slip the appraiser a bag full of cash, he'll appraise it for whatever you want it appraised for.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down