Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman...

+7
DWags
xsanguine
TheReal_LWS
P Rob
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Panic Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman...

Post by Heat Miser 2017-01-13, 11:57

This should make a certain segment of the population  Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... 1896033241 .

The coin is the first in a series of coins that will feature Lady Liberty as Asian American, Hispanic American and Native American, and which will be released every two years.

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... Uhp5y2xcp5g79iyaqe5i

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman

Over/under on posts before SwillBin is 2.5
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Panic Re: Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-13, 12:00

gonna be fun watching the deplorables #BoycottLadyLiberty
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-13, 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:gonna be fun watching the deplorables #BoycottLadyLiberty

Since they won't be going into circulation this is pretty much a non-event, so nothing to boycott.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2017-01-13, 12:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:gonna be fun watching the deplorables #BoycottLadyLiberty

Here comes Bob, predictable as usual, with the straw man.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-13, 12:07

Yeah after watching those Democrats fight to the death to keep slavery and then segregation they'll stop at nothing to eliminate this coin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-13, 12:09

LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah after watching those Democrats fight to the death to keep slavery and then segregation they'll stop at nothing to eliminate this coin.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by posting on a message board.

#Snowflake
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-01-13, 12:21

I like it. Pretty coin. Will it be worth buying some of these? IE will the value increase?

I avoid coins as an investment usually, but have missed out on some opportunities in the past.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-13, 12:58

waiting on the racist, sexist, bigot christian who is an admitted sexual predator pay Lady Liberty to pee on him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-13, 13:02

I'm not a coin guy either but cool?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-13, 13:04

Pretty cool
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-13, 13:06

LooseGoose wrote:

I don't think any Civil War era democrats are still around, let alone still in power Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-13, 13:08

Meh, I"m taking Goose for his word here. He believes the party of Obama is like the democratic party during the civil war, or the racists down south in the 1950's and 60's.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-13, 13:09

here we go...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-13, 13:18

xsanguine wrote:here we go...
uh oh - Cheeto Hitler about to pee on her??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-13, 15:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:here we go...
uh oh - Cheeto Hitler about to pee on her??

I'd watch
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-13, 22:59

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:Meh, I"m taking Goose for his word here.  He believes the party of Obama is like the democratic party during the civil war, or the racists down south in the 1950's and 60's.  

So the party that disliked like blacks decided to join the party that fought for their rights at the same time the party that fought for the rights of blacks decided they wanted to join the party that disliked them LOL....

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that they even attempt this ridiculous lie or the fact that some people actually buy into it.

http://newsninja2012.com/the-democrats-big-lie-dixiecrats-switched-to-republican-party-with-racist-agenda/

The civil war never actually happened. You show your ignorance by believing that. The whole thing was a hoax.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-18, 12:54

Antineoplastons wrote:
DWags wrote:

The civil war never actually happened.  You show your ignorance by believing that. The whole thing was a hoax.  

Who said anything about the civil war? ( although props to you for knowing the civil war was fake)  You really haven't heard of the Civil Rights Bill that was passed thanks to the Republicans?  Maybe you haven't since it paints Democrats as racists and the history books have done a bang up job of hiding this truth

Yeah and the Southern Strategy never happened.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 13:39

Rocinante wrote:
Antineoplastons wrote:

Who said anything about the civil war? ( although props to you for knowing the civil war was fake)  You really haven't heard of the Civil Rights Bill that was passed thanks to the Republicans?  Maybe you haven't since it paints Democrats as racists and the history books have done a bang up job of hiding this truth

Yeah and the Southern Strategy never happened.

The "Southern Strategy" is another myth created to separate the Dems from their racist past.

Supposedly after the Civil Rights Act passed in 1965 the entire South went Republican. Right? Isn't that the "Southern Strategy" that the Republicans would gather up all the racists down there to dominate politics?

The facts on the ground show that most southern states didn't flip until the 80's and 90's. In fact the last State Legislature in the South to go R just flipped in this election. Strange how that quick reaction to the CRA took 20-50 years to actually happen.

The New York Times opinion page and 2 Conservative Blogs address this much better than I can.

The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

THE “SOUTHERN STRATEGY” DEBUNKED AGAIN

The Southern Strategy Myth And The Lost Majority
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-18, 13:42

Is dude conservative?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-18, 13:51

Right on cue Goose.

The republican party has admitted it and even gone so far as to apologize for it. Can't go back and say it didn't exist now. Even with white supremacists in power.

Last edited by Rocinante on 2017-01-18, 13:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Goose needs education.)
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 14:36

Rocinante wrote:Right on cue Goose.

The republican party has admitted it and even gone so far as to apologize for it. Can't go back and say it didn't exist now. Even with white supremacists in power.

Got any links? I'd be interested in seeing what you have to support that. My guess is that you're recalling a newspaper article saying it happened vs reality. What white supremacists are in power?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-18, 14:46

I see Loose is dialing up some of the handy data he has bookmarked. Well, how did that work out for last time...

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Strom Thurmond is your "good example" because he's the ONLY example.

A larger percentage of Republicans voted for the CRA than Dems, bad example for you.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386257/myth-republican-racism-mona-charen

1980?   Not so, have an open mind and read this article....then come tell me where he's factually incorrect??

The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority How Republicans Really Won The South

I have a pretty open mind. I am not wed to any party or ideology. In fact, I tend to be critical of the concept of the state and find most authority to be illegitimate even if it is supposedly grounded in the consent of the people. When it comes to partisan politics, I find it pointless to pick sides. I am not sure if that makes me objective or just equally critical of America's two parties. Either way, it means I am not leaning one way or the other.

With that said, I have some concerns about the data you provided. This is especially true in respect to the number of Republicans that voted for the 1964 CRA. The percentages you cite - 80% in the House and 82% in the Senate - are accurate. However, they do not account for geography. In a debate that is about geography, the absence of data on how southern Democrats and Republicans voted is odd. In fact, when you account for geography, you find little support came from the south and no support from southern Republicans.

Harry Enten at FiveThirtyEight ran the numbers a while back. He defined south as the Confederate states (Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas). According to his numbers, only 8% of southern representatives and 5% of southern senators voted for the CRA. They were all Democrats. None of the 11 House Republicans from the south voted for the CRA, and neither did the lone southern Republican in the Senate. Meanwhile, eight of 91 southern Democrats in the House voted yes and one of 21 southern Democrats in the Senate did the same.

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... Bothcivilrights

Over time, the Democratic Party embraced civil rights legislation. In the 1950s, there was very little support from Democrats for civil rights legislation. What little support the Democrats gave to civil rights legislation was almost exclusively in the House as well. That began to change in the 1960s, and by the 1980s, huge majorities of Democrats in Congress routinely voted yes on civil rights legislation.

I might have been wrong to say that by the 1980s Republicans had control of the south. But they certainly do today, and it started in the 1960s. It is hard to argue with this data. We can pretend like the southern electorate did not shift toward the Republicans, but it did shift and your links admit as much. The question is not if it did happen, but why it happened. I never asserted race as a factor. You assumed I was asserting that race is what explained the shift. Your Red State link as well as a 2006 book both assert it was about something else. That is fine. I am claiming the shift occurred but am not stating why.

I want to be clear about something. I pointed it out in my previous post as well. I am not trying to portray the Democrats as genuinely progressive. I was quite explicit that embracing civil rights was about gaining an electoral advantage and not actually caring about underrepresented populations.

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7558p40-american-patriot-and-non-racist-george-zimmerman-now-selling-confederate-flag-art#164975
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-18, 14:52

Rocinante wrote:Right on cue Goose.
poor 'ol Goose can't just admit that, at times, his beloved republican party shows just a little hint of not likin' the colored folk.

cue the standard Goose response: "well, back in 1906, registered Democrat Danforth G. Hendershed said _______ about a black person. so.. yeah - put that in your racist progressive pipe and smoke it".

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-18, 14:57

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... 161102145203-kkk-newspaper-trump-endorsement-exlarge-169

"yeah... but... but.. yeah...uh.. ROBERT BYRD"...!!!  Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-18, 15:24

Actually yes, I am referring to Ken Mehlman. There is more to that speech than you quote. But not only him. Michael Steel who was also RNC chair at the time explicitly stated there was a Southern Strategy and that it was wrong.

Of course, Mehlman is gay and Steel is black, so I'm going to guess they don't count?

You fuckin guys.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-18, 15:47

so is somebody gonna pee on Lady Liberty or what??

sincerely,

Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... Trumpreactionface
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 16:35

Rocinante wrote:Actually yes, I am referring to Ken Mehlman. There is more to that speech than you quote. But not only him. Michael Steel who was also RNC chair at the time explicitly stated there was a Southern Strategy and that it was wrong.

Of course, Mehlman is gay and Steel is black, so I'm going to guess they don't count?

You fuckin guys.

So Ken Mehlman and Michael Steele speak for the Republican party? If you make that the standard am I allowed to cherry pick 2 people from the past to speak for all Democrats?

I'll wager you don't want that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 16:36

I thought you had some official statement, but no, not even close. And yet somehow I'm the one with flimsy arguments. Amazing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-18, 16:44

LooseGoose wrote:I thought you had some official statement, but no, not even close. And yet somehow I'm the one with flimsy arguments. Amazing.

They were both RNC chairs at the time. Speaking for the party. wtf dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-18, 16:44

Rocinante wrote:Actually yes, I am referring to Ken Mehlman.  There is more to that speech than you quote.  But not only him. Michael Steel who was also RNC chair at the time explicitly stated there was a Southern Strategy and that it was wrong.  

You fuckin guys.

You might find the 1981 Lee Atwater interview to be interesting. Atwater is a former advisor to Reagan and HW Bush, as well as a former RNC chair. To some extent he was arguing that by the time Reagan was in office, the southern strategy was obsolete. However, he certainly implies it was real. Here is a taste.

You start out in 1954 by saying, "N---, N---, N---." By 1968 you can't say "N---" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N---, N---."

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-01-18, 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 16:45

Turtleneck wrote:I see Loose is dialing up some of the handy data he has bookmarked. Well, how did that work out for last time...

It worked out just fine.  

Voting patterns shift over time, it doesn't have to be racism.  Have you been reading Trende and Byler's analysis of this election?  It's interesting to watch voting patterns shift over 30 years.   Somehow you attribute that to racism in the South, do you consider that to be the case in Maine?  Northern Maine used to be more Dem than Rep, now the opposite is true.

How Trump Won: The Northeast

How Trump Won: The South

How Trump Won: The West

Golly - - As late as 1988 and 1996 the Democrats were still strong in the supposed "flipped" and "racist" south.
Lady Liberty Is a Black Woman... 397144_5_

As of 1988, the Democrats had a robust coalition in the South.  They showed strength across Appalachia, in the “black belt” (named for the fertile soil), and in the Rio Grande Valley. Southern Louisiana (Catholics) and Arkansas outside the traditionally red northwest portion of the state were blue. Republicans, by contrast, were strong in the historically Republican areas of southeastern Kentucky, eastern Tennessee, and western North Carolina. They also held the cities, as metro areas like Miami, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Northern Virginia were all purple-to-red.

By 1996, not much had changed.  There was some polarization, but the core Democratic coalition was intact:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-18, 16:47

But ignore all that, I'm sure TN and Roc know much more about voting history and voting patterns than 2 data analysts that make their living studying and writing about it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-01-18, 16:48

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Actually yes, I am referring to Ken Mehlman.  There is more to that speech than you quote.  But not only him. Michael Steel who was also RNC chair at the time explicitly stated there was a Southern Strategy and that it was wrong.  

You fuckin guys.

You might find the 1981 Lee Atwater interview to be interesting. Atwater is a former advisor to Reagan and HW Bush, as well as a former RNC chair. To some extent he was arguing that by the time Reagan was in office, the southern strategy was obsolete. However, he certainly implies it was real. Here is a taste.

You start out in 1954 by saying, "N---, N---, N---." By 1968 you can't say "N---" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N---, N---."

LALALALALALALALALA!! It never existed. LEFTISTS are the real racists!!!! LALALALALALALALALALA!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-18, 16:50

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

LALALALALALALALALA!! It never existed. LEFTISTS are the real racists!!!! LALALALALALALALALALA!!

Loose didn't know about that interview because it was never covered on the pages of Gateway Pundit or Red State.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-18, 16:57

1965 voting rights act took a decade to kick in, but once it did voting blocks in the south were also effected. Wallace getting so many votes in the Deep South in 72 who was staunchly segregationist then should also open up your eyes. But it won't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-18, 20:06

What a boring conversation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-18, 20:24

LooseGoose wrote:  Somehow you attribute that to racism in the South

Yet this is exactly what I said in my post. This a perfect example of why people think you are dishonest in your discussions here.

Turtleneck wrote: The question is not if it did happen, but why it happened. I never asserted race as a factor. You assumed I was asserting that race is what explained the shift. Your Red State link as well as a 2006 book both assert it was about something else. That is fine. I am claiming the shift occurred but am not stating why.

LooseGoose wrote:But ignore all that, I'm sure TN and Roc know much more about voting history and voting patterns than 2 data analysts that make their living studying and writing about it.

Very ironic coming from you. In the "Death of Expertise" thread, when Steve wondered when we will learn to trust experts, you shot back with some remark about how experts are not infallible. I remember you continually pointing out your data was peer reviewed in a thread about sexual assault reporting, but in the media bias thread you told us peer review means nothing. Just so we are on the same page, are you saying expertise, and mechanisms to strengthen expert opinion like peer review, only matter when it is useful to your point? So in this thread the words of "analysts that make their living studying and writing" about something are to be treated as gospel, but it is perfectly fine to challenge "analysts that make their living studying and writing about" something when you disagree?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-19, 10:36

DWags wrote:1965 voting rights act took a decade to kick in, but once it did voting blocks in the south were also effected. Wallace getting so many votes in the Deep South in 72 who was staunchly segregationist then should also open up your eyes. But it won't.

So were Wallace votes everywhere tainted or just those from the South?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-19, 10:38

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:  Somehow you attribute that to racism in the South

Yet this is exactly what I said in my post. This a perfect example of why people think you are dishonest in your discussions here.

Turtleneck wrote: The question is not if it did happen, but why it happened. I never asserted race as a factor. You assumed I was asserting that race is what explained the shift. Your Red State link as well as a 2006 book both assert it was about something else. That is fine. I am claiming the shift occurred but am not stating why.

LooseGoose wrote:But ignore all that, I'm sure TN and Roc know much more about voting history and voting patterns than 2 data analysts that make their living studying and writing about it.

Very ironic coming from you. In the "Death of Expertise" thread, when Steve wondered when we will learn to trust experts, you shot back with some remark about how experts are not infallible. I remember you continually pointing out your data was peer reviewed in a thread about sexual assault reporting, but in the media bias thread you told us peer review means nothing. Just so we are on the same page, are you saying expertise, and mechanisms to strengthen expert opinion like peer review, only matter when it is useful to your point? So in this thread the words of "analysts that make their living studying and writing" about something are to be treated as gospel, but it is perfectly fine to challenge "analysts that make their living studying and writing about" something when you disagree?

I'm fine with experts that freely publish their data and explain how they arrive at conclusions. That allows people to draw their own conclusions about whether they agree or not.

Part 4 of the Trende/Byler analysis. How Trump Won: The Midwest
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-19, 10:56

FYI - anytime anyone invokes George Wallace, it's mandatory that they listen to this song in it's entirety:

you're welcome.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next