Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing?

+9
DWags
kingstonlake
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
SeeRockCity
Da Mayor
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? Empty Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 09:29

kinda bizarre.. and the authorities seem to be pretty hush-hush about it. Though apparently someone was arrested.

figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? Empty Re: Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing?

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-23, 09:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:kinda bizarre.. and the authorities seem to be pretty hush-hush about it. Though apparently someone was arrested.

figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.

In before someone says they hope it was Dave Warner and Mark Snyder.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? Empty Re: Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing?

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-23, 10:40

Hey Bob,

So far, details are few and far between, however, a couple of things I can share from inside sources, apparently someone was arrested.

and based on what I'm hearing, I'm guessing either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 10:40

SeeRockCity wrote:Hey Bob,

So far, details are few and far between, however, a couple of things I can share from inside sources, apparently someone was arrested.

and based on what I'm hearing, I'm guessing either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
yeah - that's kinda what I was thinking.

Thanks, man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-01-23, 10:44

I just wanted to let you know that I'm safe bob.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-23, 10:45

Other than two people being involved, I'm not hearing anything.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 10:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I just wanted to let you know that I'm safe bob.
so am I.

I think.

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 10:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:Other than two people being involved, I'm not hearing anything.
someone was arrested.. so that makes (at least) three people involved.

I'm guessing either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-23, 11:01

Here in my little slice of heaven, WOTS is it's either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-01-23, 11:03

Down here in Miami. Can confirm, most likely drugs, then jealous SO.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-01-23, 11:05

In before socio/political pissing match ensues.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 11:06

I think just to be safe, I'm gonna quit doing drugs and try to stay away form my jealous ex.

Just in case.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-23, 11:09

InTenSity wrote:Down here in Miami. Can confirm, most likely drugs, then jealous SO.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-23, 11:23

eh, er, some of us have a kid on campus there, little more detail would be great
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 11:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:kinda bizarre.. and the authorities seem to be pretty hush-hush about it. Though apparently someone was arrested.

Even though two people are dead we can all be thankful it wasn't a hate crime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 11:28

DWags wrote:eh, er, some of us have a kid on campus there, little more detail would be great
there truly isn't much being released..

it was at a house on Lake Lansing Road. The house right by the Subway at the big bend in the road - near the Quality Dairy.

so, not exactly close to campus - but still in East Lansing.

what has me perplexed is that often the authorities will issue a statement along the lines of "we don't believe this was a random incident and the public is not in danger at this time" - but they haven't said anything like that which makes me think that they don't know a whole lot.. and even with someone in custody, he/she might not be their suspect. Could just be someone who they think could possibly be involved.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 11:29

LooseGoose wrote:

Even though two people are dead we can all be thankful it wasn't a hate crime.
yeah - I'm figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 11:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:eh, er, some of us have a kid on campus there, little more detail would be great

it was at a house on Lake Lansing Road. The house right by the Subway at the big bend in the road - near the Quality Dairy.

what has me perplexed is that often the authorities will issue a statement along the lines of "we don't believe this was a random incident and the public is not in danger at this time" - but they haven't said anything like that which makes me think that they don't know a whole lot.. and even with someone in custody, he/she might not be their suspect. Could just be someone who they think could possibly be involved.

They've released the names and arrested someone long ago....how much more do you need right away?

Man arrested in double homicide at home near Lansing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 11:49

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there truly isn't much being released..

They've released the names and arrested someone long ago....how much more do you need right away?

Man arrested in double homicide at home near Lansing
more than that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-23, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's not East Lansing, it's Meridian Twp., which is why there are only a few details released. They'd sooner bite off their tongues than talk to news orgs. Been that way for years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 13:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:there truly isn't much being released..

It's not East Lansing, it's Meridian Twp., which is why there are only a few details released. They'd sooner bite off their tongues than talk to news orgs. Been that way for years.
yeah, I know it's technically Meridian Township - but it's between Abbot and Hagadorn.. on Lake Lansing Road. Not like it's out in Okemos, etc.

but I know what you're saying.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-01-23, 13:34

Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 Anyone Know Any Details About the Double Homicide in East Lansing? 1550444538 oh my oh my!

Last edited by BleacherSwill on 2017-01-23, 19:30; edited 1 time in total
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-23, 13:43

MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the deaths of two people at a home near Lansing.

Meridian Township police say the arrest was made Saturday night, hours after officers discovered the bodies of 48-year-old Jeff Ballor and 46-year-old Kristin Pangman. Their deaths are considered homicides.

The suspect’s name and other details weren’t released Sunday. Police say the man will be in court Tuesday.

Neighbors are reacting to the news. Melissa Osborn is shocked, saying “you just don’t really expect something like that to happen.”

In a statement to the public, detective Mike Belsarus told reporters that they are currently figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-23, 13:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.

SeeRockCity wrote:In a statement to the public, detective Mike Belsarus told reporters that they are currently figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.

At least now we know who Bob is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 14:10

SeeRockCity wrote:MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A man has been arrested in the deaths of two people at a home near Lansing.

Meridian Township police say the arrest was made Saturday night, hours after officers discovered the bodies of 48-year-old Jeff Ballor and 46-year-old Kristin Pangman. Their deaths are considered homicides.

The suspect’s name and other details weren’t released Sunday. Police say the man will be in court Tuesday.

Neighbors are reacting to the news. Melissa Osborn is shocked, saying “you just don’t really expect something like that to happen.”

In a statement to the public, detective Mike Belsarus told reporters that they are currently figuring either drugs or a jealous boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passion type thing.
that's what I was thinking, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-01-23, 14:19

I'm guessing either jealous drugs, ex-passion, etc or boyfriend/ex-boyfriend crime of husband type thing.

or drugs.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-01-23, 14:20

the other thing it could be are ex-passionate drug husbands.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-23, 15:09

I think this is my neighbors daughter. Pretty sad. He's a nice old man.

That being said, I am figuring this is a drugs or jealous boyfriend/ex boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passing type thing. Or a drug passion ex etc type thing
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-23, 15:14

MattyFresh wrote:I think this is my neighbors daughter. Pretty sad. He's a nice old man.

That being said, I am figuring this is a drugs or jealous boyfriend/ex boyfriend, ex-husband, etc - crime of passing type thing. Or a drug passion ex etc type thing
I'm right there with ya.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-23, 15:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:I think this is my neighbors daughter. Pretty sad. He's a nice old man.

I'm right there with ya.

Goodbar seems to be the outlier. Goodbar is stoopid.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-01-23, 16:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm right there with ya.

But an excellent lover.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-23, 16:15

SeeRockCity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

But an excellent lover.

Sure, once you get past the smell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-01-23, 17:35

I willing to bet they died during a duel.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-24, 11:40

East Lansing man, 26, charged in weekend homicides

MASON - Police found the Meridian Township man who they allege stabbed two people to death "covered in blood" and in possession of the victim's gun, a detective testified.

Manuel Pena, 26, was charged Tuesday morning with six charges, including two counts of murder, in connection with the deaths of Jeffrey Ballor, 48, of East Lansing and Kristin Pangman, 46, of Lansing. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-24, 12:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:East Lansing man, 26, charged in weekend homicides

MASON - Police found the Meridian Township man who they allege stabbed two people to death "covered in blood" and in possession of the victim's gun, a detective testified.

Manuel Pena, 26, was charged Tuesday morning with six charges, including two counts of murder, in connection with the deaths of Jeffrey Ballor, 48, of East Lansing and Kristin Pangman, 46, of Lansing. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.
that's kinda what we all were thinking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-01-24, 12:45

Police found the Meridian Township man who they allege stabbed two people to death "covered in blood" and in possession of the victim's gun, a detective testified.

So he took a knife to a gun fight and won.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-01-25, 11:16

Izzo Court wrote:
Police found the Meridian Township man who they allege stabbed two people to death "covered in blood" and in possession of the victim's gun, a detective testified.

So he took a knife to a gun fight and won.

when you're an etc crime boyfriend and you're passionate about drugs anything is possible.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 12:34

someone at the EL hoops game last night told me that the victims didn't die immediately and were able to call 911... obviously too late to save them. Wondering, though, what the relationship was (if any) between the two victims and the dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-25, 12:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:someone at the EL hoops game last night told me that the victims didn't die immediately and were able to call 911... obviously too late to save them. Wondering, though, what the relationship was (if any) between the two victims and the dude.

It actually is my neighbors daughter, and it sounds like the dude was possibly a drug user/purchaser with/from them.  I feel bad, the old guy is a really nice, retired professor that keeps his yard in great shape. I think his wife has been in really bad condition for like 10 years (wheelchair, a lot of hospital trips, etc).  His daughter (the departed) had moved here just in the last year.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 12:45

MattyFresh wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:someone at the EL hoops game last night told me that the victims didn't die immediately and were able to call 911... obviously too late to save them. Wondering, though, what the relationship was (if any) between the two victims and the dude.

It actually is my neighbors daughter, and it sounds like the dude was possibly a drug user/purchaser with/from them.  I feel bad, the old guy is a really nice, retired professor that keeps his yard in great shape. I think his wife has been in really bad condition for like 10 years (wheelchair, a lot of hospital trips, etc).  His daughter (the departed) had moved here just in the last year.
yuck - that sucks.

word on the street is that the alleged killer went to East Lansing HS years ago.. was a bit strange, odd - never fit in, etc - you never expect anyone to do something like this, obviously.. but, in retrospect, the person I spoke with whose daughter was in HS with him said she wasn't shocked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down