Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores

+6
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
10 posters

Go down

MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores Empty MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-15, 09:51

Liquidation sales starting immediately. Not surprised this is happening considering Dunham's and Dick's dominate the Midwest now.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/2017/02/14/mc-sports-bankruptcy-liquidation/97915766/?hootPostID=60296fc3669e3cabf758ddda71280366
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores Empty Re: MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 09:53

I don't know what MC Sports is death roe. which is probably part of the problem.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores Empty Re: MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-15, 09:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't know what MC Sports is death roe. which is probably part of the problem.
MC Sports was on the latest Beyonce record.. spinnin' all of his dope rhymes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't know what MC Sports is death roe. which is probably part of the problem.
MC Sports was on the latest Beyonce record.. spinnin' all of his dope rhymes.

Oh. That makes sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-15, 10:01

Who knew they were still in business let alone had 68 retail locations?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-15, 10:01

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:MC Sports was on the latest Beyonce record.. spinnin' all of his dope rhymes.

Oh. That makes sense.
straight up, Yo.

know what I'm sayin'?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-15, 10:03

I thought they all closed like a decade ago. I don't think one exists in this area anymore. Last one I can remember seeing in all honesty was in Meridian Mall when I was a student.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-02-15, 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought they all closed like a decade ago. I don't think one exists in this area anymore. Last one I can remember seeing in all honesty was in Meridian Mall when I was a student.

There used to be one in the strip mall opposite Lakeside on Shoenherr.  Ironically, it was right next to Montgomery Wards.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-15, 10:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought they all closed like a decade ago. I don't think one exists in this area anymore. Last one I can remember seeing in all honesty was in Meridian Mall when I was a student.

There's one in Portage, and one on West Main in Kalamazoo. Think I'll check them out.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 10:17

MC Sports? No. It's McSports.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 10:23

tGreenWay wrote:MC Sports? No. It's McSports.

How's it going greenway?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 10:27

tGreenWay wrote:MC Sports? No. It's McSports.

How's it going greenway?

I could use a nap. What's shaking with you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 10:29

tGreenWay wrote:

How's it going greenway?

Oh not too much. Just working, you know. Working hard or hardly working amirite??? Just kidding I hate when people say that. Anyway, hope you get to squeeze that nap in there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 11:00

tGreenWay wrote:

Oh not too much. Just working, you know. Working hard or hardly working amirite??? Just kidding I hate when people say that. Anyway, hope you get to squeeze that nap in there.

I cleared the next four hours and plan to sleep for at least two of them. Insomnia is getting the best of me. It was after 4 this morning, then tossing for another 45 mins. in bed.

How's the future Mrs. Travis?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 11:16

tGreenWay wrote:

I cleared the next four hours and plan to sleep for at least two of them. Insomnia is getting the best of me. It was after 4 this morning, then tossing for another 45 mins. in bed.

That's too bad. We need you to get some more sleep greenway. She's doing pretty good, we had a lovely Valentine's Day. just hanging out at her place while she works figuring out what I'm gonna make for dinner. Working from home is pretty swell.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-02-15, 11:29

just drove by the one in Gaylord a couple of weeks ago on our way to Boyne. Kids were like "whaaaaats MC Spooooorts? I said shut yer mouths, were almost there.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-15, 11:59

Texted my youngest on why you don't let gift cards sit for months.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 14:17

tGreenWay wrote:

That's too bad. We need you to get some more sleep greenway. She's doing pretty good, we had a lovely Valentine's Day. just hanging out at her place while she works figuring out what I'm gonna make for dinner. Working from home is pretty swell.

I fixed my wife some broccoli and Roma tomatoes with fresh garlic and olive oil over pasta. It's a simple dish that she loves, so I got many points for the effort. I needed them, too, after losing every category in the bedroom.

What did you fix for your intended in her kitchen, Travis?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-15, 14:19

By-Tor wrote:just drove by the one in Gaylord a couple of weeks ago on our way to Boyne. Kids were like "whaaaaats MC Spooooorts? I said shut yer mouths, were almost there.

MC Sports goes bankrupt - closing all 68 stores 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 14:34

tGreenWay wrote:

I fixed my wife some broccoli and Roma tomatoes with fresh garlic and olive oil over pasta. It's a simple dish that she loves, so I got many points for the effort. I needed them, too, after losing every category in the bedroom.

I got some stuff to make chicken pot pie greenway. I've never made it before. It'll be an adventure. It will taste delicious. Or I'll throw it out and we'll go to bdubs. Whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 14:54

tGreenWay wrote:

I got some stuff to make chicken pot pie greenway. I've never made it before. It'll be an adventure. It will taste delicious. Or I'll throw it out and we'll go to bdubs. Whatever.

Chicken pot pie sounds good, Travis. What time are the three of us sitting down to dinner?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 14:55

tGreenWay wrote:

Chicken pot pie sounds good, Travis. What time are the three of us sitting down to dinner?

You can come by around 7-8 or so. I know that's early for you but you'll just have to make it work. I'll give you a plate to go home with.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-15, 15:00

tGreenWay wrote:

You can come by around 7-8 or so. I know that's early for you but you'll just have to make it work. I'll give you a plate to go home with.

That's cool. I already know where she lives.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-02-15, 15:07

tGreenWay wrote:

That's cool. I already know where she lives.

Yeah, I know. What a weird thing to say greenway. That's like a conversation with my mom that goes like this...

Me- "What time is thanksgiving dinner?"
Mom- "6 pm."
Me- "cool, thanks. I have the address, don't worry."

Yeah, no shit. Thanks for the update.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-15, 15:17

I think there is a MC Sports in Jackson in that strip mall on West Ave. Wait just checked, that is a Dunham's. Never mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-02-15, 15:23

Talked to a guy whose son is a mgr at one of the GR locations.

As of today they are still honoring MC gift cards but are not selling anymore. If you have one or know someone who does use them sooner than later. Like before Monday or whenever the creditors decide they are cash assets that can't be used because MC is no longer.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down