Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?

+6
Cameron
The Doctor
Dendrobates
Death Roe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
10 posters

Go down

How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?  Empty How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?

Post by Rocinante 2017-02-22, 14:39

Seriously. They are flimsy as fuck. I blow right through them. What is a damn point! I need at least a double ply paper towel! Thoughts?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?  Empty Re: How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-22, 15:08

On a related note...is there anything more disgusting than a handkerchief?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?  Empty Re: How can anyone blow their nose with a tissue?

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-22, 15:09

Rocinante wrote:Seriously. They are flimsy as fuck. I blow right through them. What is a damn point! I need at least a double ply paper towel! Thoughts?

Puffs Plus, Roc, because most tissues are just what you said. Paper towel in a pinch, but if I think it's going to be strong and hard (sexy!), then I just fold the Puffs Plus. And that shit doesn't wear off multiple levels of skin or cause that flaky redness.
This sounds like a commercial. Where's my goddamn donate?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-22, 15:15

SHOCKULARRRRRRRRRR
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-22, 18:16

Agree.  Tissue is worthless. When I use it I usually end up with a handful of snot.

Paper towel folded over on itself is best.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-22, 18:55

Buy better tissues. I don't have any issues.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor 2017-02-22, 19:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:On a related note...is there anything more disgusting than a handkerchief?
Possibly sharing a drunk chick with two of your buddies?
The Doctor
The Doctor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-22, 21:19

I find that cheap tissue requires multiple sheets. If it's high quality, I usually just fold one tissue in half and don't have too many problems. Paper towel is nice for thickness, but it's a little rough on the nostrils. I tend to blow my nose a lot, so I get nostril burn if I use the rough stuff too frequently.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-22, 22:00

Cameron wrote:I find that cheap tissue requires multiple sheets. If it's high quality, I usually just fold one tissue in half and don't have too many problems. Paper towel is nice for thickness, but it's a little rough on the nostrils. I tend to blow my nose a lot, so I get nostril burn if I use the rough stuff too frequently.
The trick is not burying your nose in the paper towel, like some do with aloe-laced tissue. It's just there to collect massive gobs of snot...not to make your nose feel better. No need to get personal/comfortable with it.

Can blow my nose for days with paper towel and not get red nose, or snot hands.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-02-22, 22:08

Yeah I just use 2 tissues each blow.

If I don't have tissue I'll use paper towels but they're too rough. My nose doesn't appreciate sandpaper.

Btw, not to get sidetracked but neither of our two closest couple friends use paper towels ever, and they both have kids. Wtf? I don't know what we'd do without paper towels. I use them as napkins at every meal on top of cleaning up the daily messes.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-02-22, 22:10

Save a tree, asshole. There are other ways. ^
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-02-22, 22:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Save a tree, asshole. There are other ways. ^

I don't save trees, I plant them.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-22, 22:39

y2kMgrad wrote:Yeah I just use 2 tissues each blow.

If I don't have tissue I'll use paper towels but they're too rough. My nose doesn't appreciate sandpaper.

Btw, not to get sidetracked but neither of our two closest couple friends use paper towels ever, and they both have kids. Wtf? I don't know what we'd do without paper towels. I use them as napkins at every meal on top of cleaning up the daily messes.
Paper towel is multi-purpose. One of the reasons I like it for snot.

Sometimes you go to blow your nose and simultaneously end up sneezing a loogie out your mouth. The expanse of paper towel takes care of that.

Paper towel is underrated. Fuck Kleenex and Puffs
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-02-23, 00:32

Dendrobates wrote:Buy better tissues. I don't have any issues.

Neither does my girlfriend. Maybe it's a guy thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down