Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs

+7
tig ol bitties
WBill
The Pantry
Rodeo Burger
Floyd Robertson
bulldogg
steveschneider
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs - Page 2 Empty Re: Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs

Post by MSULordyoda 2014-06-05, 16:00

steveschneider wrote:

Ugh, what is it with these guys? Scherzer and Verlander come undone around 85-90 pitches.

Sanchez is our best pitcher right now.

This.

What the hell has gotten into Max and Verlander?
MSULordyoda
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs - Page 2 Empty Re: Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs

Post by WBill 2014-06-05, 16:08

Oakland and Toronto showing the way to win in the AL is with the long ball. Best records and 1 and 2 in HR's by a significant amount.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-05, 16:12

WBill wrote:Oakland and Toronto showing the way to win in the AL is with the long ball.  Best records and 1 and 2 in HR's by a significant amount.

Last years team was better. Say what you want about Prince in the playoffs we all saw how bad he was, but his bat was incredibly valuable during the regular season. Same with Peralta.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-06-05, 16:34

MSULordyoda wrote:

This.

What the hell has gotten into Max and Verlander?  

Well Verlander only throws like 92 MPH now, so that's the biggest problem. It's fine to have a straight as an arrow fastball when you're throwing it at 94-95 MPH and touching 98-99 when needed, but guys are going to tee off when you consistently throw it 91-93 and they know you can't blow it by them anymore even if try. He's thrown so many innings the last 5 years, you have to get a little worried that he may never regain the form of a #1.
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-05, 17:11

I'm not as invested as I used to be, but the pattern of a successful season is a sine wave formula. The best teams have bad stretches. The pattern usually goes: up at the beginning, down in June, up going into the all star break, down directly after the all star break, and that last up cycle needs to be gradual enough that you're peaking at playoff time. I don't worry until well after the all star break with a team this talented.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato 2014-06-05, 17:16

Oh no. We suck again.Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto BJs - Page 2 Screen+shot+2010-01-13+at+1.06.04+AM
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2