Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stan Gooch passes

5 posters

Go down

Stan Gooch passes Empty Stan Gooch passes

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-04, 13:00

If anyone remembers the great Flint teams of the early 80's, you remember Gooch.

Darrell Johnson, Terrence Greene, Marty Embry, Eric Turner, Mark Harris, Kingstonlake (8th grade baseball)

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2017/04/legendary_flint_central_basket.html
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Stan Gooch passes Empty Re: Stan Gooch passes

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 13:15

Legend. Sorry for your loss. RIP
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-04, 13:30

I vaguely remember the Gooch vs Paul Cook matchup(s). Didn't pay much attention because I didn't attend Eastern. I know he was a coaching legend. RIP.

p.s. Gooch is a helluva last name.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 13:53

Who were the twin white guards for eastern lost in a semi final to a flint team 102-100 or there about. One of them coached football at Williamston later. Lynch?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-04, 14:24

kingstonlake wrote:If anyone remembers the great Flint teams of the early 80's, you remember Gooch.

Darrell Johnson, Terrence Greene, Marty Embry, Eric Turner, Mark Harris, Kingstonlake (8th grade baseball)

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2017/04/legendary_flint_central_basket.html
Vaguely remember the name and some of those others, but I was a little young. I remember the (probably even better) teams from a couple of years later at Northwestern. Rison, Glen Rice, Jeff Grayer. Wow, that's a hell of a team.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-04, 14:48

other coaches in the state had the chance to coach that kind of talent and Gooch made the most of it. Others let potential success slip through.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-04, 14:55

DWags wrote:Who were the twin white guards for eastern lost in a semi final to a flint team 102-100 or there about. One of them coached football at Williamston later. Lynch?

Damn, dude, I never would've remembered them if you hadn't mentioned them. Guessing from a very cloudy memory, but maybe Scott and Jeff Lynch?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-04, 15:00

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Who were the twin white guards for eastern lost in a semi final to a flint team 102-100 or there about. One of them coached football at Williamston later. Lynch?

Damn, dude, I never would've remembered them if you hadn't mentioned them. Guessing from a very cloudy memory, but maybe Scott and Jeff Lynch?

That's it. JEFF! played LB at GVSU Then coached at Williamston. I coached some camps with him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-04, 16:23

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's it. JEFF! played LB at GVSU Then coached at Williamston. I coached some camps with him.

I have no idea why or how I was able to remember their names. It ain't fucking fair, man, because I realized yesterday that the first half of the 80s are disappearing from memory, probably because I both worked and drank too much, yet I can recall the names of two brothers I never met. Life is a kick in the balls, sometimes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down