Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe

+2
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  Empty BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 09:50

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe
House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes will step aside from the investigation into Russia's meddling in the election and Trump's possible ties.

He will remain on the intelligence committee. This comes after Nunes briefed Trump (and then the public) before the House committee on information he had showing incidental collection of Trump's communications. Several members of the House called for him to step down from the probe after that, saying he wasn't impartial.

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  Empty Re: BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 09:53

He said in a statement:

"Several leftwing activist groups have filed accusations against me with the Office of Congressional Ethics. The charges are entirely false and politically motivated, and are being leveled just as the American people are beginning to learn the truth about the improper unmasking of the identities of U.S. citizens and other abuses of power.

“Despite the baselessness of the charges, I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter.”

He added, “I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  Empty Re: BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-06, 09:55

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/nunes-steps-down-from-russia-trump-investigation.html

"Several leftwing activist groups have filed accusations against me with the Office of Congressional Ethics. The charges are entirely false and politically motivated, and are being leveled just as the American people are beginning to learn the truth about the improper unmasking of the identities of U.S. citizens and other abuses of power.

“Despite the baselessness of the charges, I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter.”
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-06, 10:08

It was bad and it got worse when Nunes cancelled a hearing about a double agent that had nothing to do with the FBI nvestigation.

One might think Nunes was one of the names showing up on FBI reports.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 10:12

He chaired a meeting THIS morning and didn't tell anyone he was stepping aside.

BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-06, 10:15

Nooney!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 10:25

For those keeping track at home...

Flynn   BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  274c
Sessions  BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  274c
Nunes  BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  274c
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-06, 10:36

This is all the fault of those godless lefties! BREAKING: Rep. Devin Nunes is stepping down from Russia probe  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-06, 10:38

NigelUno wrote:For those keeping track at home...

Sessions is still AG.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 10:42

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:For those keeping track at home...

Sessions is still AG.

Correct. Nunes is still a Rep too.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-06, 10:50

NigelUno wrote:He said in a statement:

He added, “I will continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman, and I am requesting to speak to the Ethics Committee at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims."

Kind of sounds like Bill O'reily: "I didn't harass those women or beg one to fuck me but I'm just gonna give em 13 million cause I love my kids and I'm a great guy"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-06, 11:12

Nunes misstep was having an Uber driver take him to The White House to meet with the two White House employees then admitting he met with the President.

Hard to sit as a chairman trying to go after leakers when your meeting(s) with people withn The White House grounds are so easily tracked.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-06, 13:23

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sessions is still AG.

I'm sure this list makes sense to you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-06, 13:36

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I read it as people who needed to be removed or removed themselves due to their possible implicitly in the investigation.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-06, 13:39

Hs possible replacements are more interested in finding leakers than finding anyone who was working with the Russians.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-06, 14:31

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Correct again. 2 for 2 today.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down