Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public

+26
GRR Spartan
StylesGShmooth
aualum06
AnomanderRake
Dendrobates
I.B. Fine
Herbie Green
Watch Out Pylon!
Hurricane Izzo
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
DWags
kingstonlake
InTenSity
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Nordic
Death Roe
Banks2Mason
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Empty Adults that wear sweatpants in public

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-17, 16:15

Do you automatically think that person is low class/trashy?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Empty Re: Adults that wear sweatpants in public

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-17, 16:18

I don't know about those adjectives, but I'd say no self esteem whatsoever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Empty Re: Adults that wear sweatpants in public

Post by Banks2Mason 2017-04-17, 16:27

how bout sweatshorts?
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-17, 16:32

Don't be so hard on yourself, OP.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-17, 16:51

I'll rock some workout sweats if I'm running to the corner or the grocery store. I might even have socks and flip flops/slides on. I don't GAF.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-17, 17:01

Death Roe wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself, OP.

This. And if it's any consolation, I think those things about the OP regardless of what he wears.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-17, 17:02

Odd topic for Valenti to cover, but then again, a lot of his fanbase is low class and trashy, so he's probably trolling them to get listeners.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-17, 18:56

Nordic wrote:I'll rock some workout sweats if I'm running to the corner or the grocery store. I might even have socks and flip flops/slides on. I don't GAF.

Not use to getting laid?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-17, 18:59

Nordic wrote:I'll rock some workout sweats if I'm running to the corner or the grocery store. I might even have socks and flip flops/slides on. I don't GAF.
I went to the grocery store tonight and I didn't notice what a single guy was wearing. Maybe someone had sweatpants on? I don't know. I don't generally note what the dudes I see in public are wearing. I think it's kinda weird to think too much about that.

There was a cute chick in yoga pants. I noted that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-17, 19:22

Have to admit I agree with the OP on this one. Seldom wear sweatpants in public. Only time is occasionally when taking trash to the curb on garbage day and it's usually dark outside then.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-17, 19:30

We only wear sweats on visitor days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-17, 19:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I went to the grocery store tonight and I didn't notice what a single guy was wearing. Maybe someone had sweatpants on? I don't know. I don't generally note what the dudes I see in public are wearing. I think it's kinda weird to think too much about that.

We can hang out. I notice the yoga pants too.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-17, 20:42

Fuck yeah I do. Don't give flying fuck what people think of me. Sweats, sandals, hoodie.

Deal with it.

Then again the only people who's attire I notice, are females. Not dudes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-17, 20:43

InTenSity wrote:

We can hang out. I notice the yoga pants too.

Yeah. Also.

Oh and you guys that think you look like white trash in sweats... you also do in whatever you're wearing. If you look good in dress or casual clothes you look good in sweats. If you look bad in sweats, doesn't matter what you're wearing, you're not fooling anyone but yourself. Have some confidence. And don't give me shit about it not being respectful. Bullshit. Clothes don't make you. I'm not saying I look good in any type of clothes I just know, like Nordic, if you look a certain way in a suit, you do in sweats so I just don't gaf.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-17, 20:50

You would notice me in sweats Trav
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-17, 21:16

I don't go anywhere in sweatpants. Track pants for the occasional liquor run or to pick up some pizza or whatever, and even then I pretty much always feel weird about it. I don't know what it is about jeans that feels more formal (for lack of a better word) than track pants (or what it is about a trip to the grocery store that requires ANY level of formality), psychology is weird.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-17, 21:41

Cameron wrote:I don't go anywhere in sweatpants. Track pants for the occasional liquor run or to pick up some pizza or whatever, and even then I pretty much always feel weird about it. I don't know what it is about jeans that feels more formal (for lack of a better word) than track pants (or what it is about a trip to the grocery store that requires ANY level of formality), psychology is weird.
Spot on. No way I'm wearing my favorite jerk sweats in public
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-04-17, 22:31

Nordic wrote:

You would notice me in sweats Trav

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-04-17, 23:29

I put sweats on almost as soon as I get home for work. They're so soft, warm and comfy. If I have to run up to D&W for beer there's no way I'm changing into jeans, just to change right back when I get back home. I don't gaf if people at the grocery store think I'm white trash or whatever. I'm already married.

My only beef with the sweats is that they don't have a back pocket and for some reason my wallet, keys or phone always falls out of my pockets and down the side of the door of the car when I'm wearing them.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-17, 23:31

y2kMgrad wrote:I put sweats on almost as soon as I get home for work. They're so soft, warm and comfy. If I have to run up to D&W for beer there's no way I'm changing into jeans, just to change right back when I get back home. I don't gaf if people at the grocery store think I'm white trash or whatever. I'm already married.

My only beef with the sweats is that they don't have a back pocket and for some reason my wallet, keys or phone always falls out of my pockets and down the side of the door of the car when I'm wearing them.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-17, 23:48

You people wear sweat pants? Can someone link me an image of what sort of sweatpants people wear?

I'm not claiming to be above the fray. I just haven't worn sweatpants since I was like 14. I wore track pants or like some type of nylon pants for a bit but now I'm exclusively gym shorts. I have like 7-10 pair of Nike/Under Armour gym shorts that I basically sleep in, work out in, work in, rotate out after shower to become next morning's workout shorts, etc. Shit I even wear them in the winter. Calves don't get cold. Extremities get cold.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Izzo 2017-04-18, 08:49

I guess I'm going to need someone to define "sweat pants" for me. Are we talking about the old gray cotton pants that have elastic at the ankle? I didn't think they even made those anymore.

I'll admit that I pretty much live in some form of casual/athletic pants, unless I have a meeting or am going out. I work at home, so have a much more casual working attire than most.

I probably wear one of a variety of Lululemon (loose fitting, not tight) pants 90% of the time. When I coach my kids football or baseball teams, I'm more likely in Nike or Under Armor. I like to be comfortable and I think you can do that without looking trashy. I certainly might be wrong, but I'm also not terribly worried about it.

I rarely notice what other dudes are wearing, but nothing screams middle-age like jeans and white sneakers. That is never a good look, imo.
Hurricane Izzo
Hurricane Izzo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-18, 09:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You people wear sweat pants? Can someone link me an image of what sort of sweatpants people wear?

I'm not claiming to be above the fray. I just haven't worn sweatpants since I was like 14. I wore track pants or like some type of nylon pants for a bit but now I'm exclusively gym shorts. I have like 7-10 pair of Nike/Under Armour gym shorts that I basically sleep in, work out in, work in, rotate out after shower to become next morning's workout shorts, etc. Shit I even wear them in the winter. Calves don't get cold. Extremities get cold.
Me:

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Nxq7v5Adults that wear sweatpants in public  14bjdjl
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-18, 09:37

I wear Nike sweatshorts to work out, and a thermal hoodie (well not when the weather is good, I'd sweat through everything). I like the feel and they cradle my junk very nicely.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-18, 10:02

Hurricane Izzo wrote:I guess I'm going to need someone to define "sweat pants" for me. Are we talking about the old gray cotton pants that have elastic at the ankle? I didn't think they even made those anymore.

I'll admit that I pretty much live in some form of casual/athletic pants, unless I have a meeting or am going out. I work at home, so have a much more casual working attire than most.

I probably wear one of a variety of Lululemon (loose fitting, not tight) pants 90% of the time. When I coach my kids football or baseball teams, I'm more likely in Nike or Under Armor. I like to be comfortable and I think you can do that without looking trashy. I certainly might be wrong, but I'm also not terribly worried about it.

I rarely notice what other dudes are wearing, but nothing screams middle-age like jeans and white sneakers. That is never a good look, imo.

By admitting you wear lululemon, you have forfeited the right to criticize anyone else's fashion decisions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-18, 10:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Hurricane Izzo wrote:I guess I'm going to need someone to define "sweat pants" for me. Are we talking about the old gray cotton pants that have elastic at the ankle? I didn't think they even made those anymore.

By admitting you wear lululemon, you have forfeited the right to criticize anyone else's fashion decisions.

Isn't that chick clothing? Are you a chick, bro?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-18, 10:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Exactly. Plus, the company is run by a bunch of freaky cultists, or some other such nonsense. I heard it's a very bizarre place to work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Izzo 2017-04-18, 10:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't think so
Hurricane Izzo
Hurricane Izzo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-18, 10:56

Hurricane Izzo wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I don't think so

You may not be a chick, but it's still chick clothing.
Hey, if you're interested in expanding your workout wardrobe, I keep seeing advertisements for this new line called Fabletics. Give it a try.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-18, 11:10

Yeah, to be clear here I'm talking track pants. Like nylon Adidas or something. Not sweat pants. I got a pair of fleece lined sweat pants that are so fucking comfortable. But I don't wear them in public. Well, maybe the middle school parking lot. But nothing else.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-18, 11:22

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You people wear sweat pants? Can someone link me an image of what sort of sweatpants people wear?

Me:

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Nxq7v5Adults that wear sweatpants in public  14bjdjl
Ok, I had the same question as others, and was wondering if people were wearing the 80s sweatpants with the elastic at the ankles, and was a bit frightened that some do. These aren't as bad, but to be honest, I didn't know that they made them like this, but it doesn't really look like the kind of thing they'd sell much of in Florida.

As for me, I'll wear the track pants type around the house, and maybe if I have to run up to Publix or something, but that's only on the couple of bitterly cold days each year when it drops below 70. Otherwise, I'm in shorts unless I have a meeting or something that requires jeans/slacks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-18, 11:28

I wear these so people will know I'm not a commie pinko.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  61Zo9OC8lOL._SL1098_
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-18, 11:38

I think some of you are jelly because the guys in sweats have won at life. I wear sweats almost every day in winter. I work from home and mostly need to take the dog out, go to kids sports practices and go to the store. What kind of dork needs to get dressed up to go to a grocery store?

Call me a loser all you want but I dont GAF what you think while I am getting paid sitting cozy on a lazy boy with my feet up.

In the summer I switch to mesh athletic shorts.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-04-18, 11:40

Hell yea I wear sweats, what about it?
Adults that wear sweatpants in public  Post-15241-0-94378900-1439251282
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-18, 11:49

LooseGoose wrote:I wear these so people will know I'm not a commie pinko.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  61Zo9OC8lOL._SL1098_

You were great in Napoleon Dynamite, by the way.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  144dd5c77c61c4e0acb80df0e7db7a71
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-18, 13:01

Herbie Green wrote:I think some of you are jelly because the guys in sweats have won at life. I wear sweats almost every day in winter. I work from home and mostly need to take the dog out, go to kids sports practices and go to the store. What kind of dork needs to get dressed up to go to a grocery store?

Call me a loser all you want but I dont GAF what you think while I am getting paid sitting cozy on a lazy boy with my feet up.

Don't worry, Herbie, your clothing choices are not why we all think you're a loser.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-18, 13:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:
Me:

Ok, I had the same question as others, and was wondering if people were wearing the 80s sweatpants with the elastic at the ankles, and was a bit frightened that some do. These aren't as bad, but to be honest, I didn't know that they made them like this, but it doesn't really look like the kind of thing they'd sell much of in Florida.

As for me, I'll wear the track pants type around the house, and maybe if I have to run up to Publix or something, but that's only on the couple of bitterly cold days each year when it drops below 70. Otherwise, I'm in shorts unless I have a meeting or something that requires jeans/slacks.

I also rock these to the store if I feel like it. I really don't care if people judge me, I'm so far past that part of my life. Just does't matter. For you guys who like wearing slippers at home, highly recommended.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  15542010

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-18, 13:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I think some of you are jelly because the guys in sweats have won at life. I wear sweats almost every day in winter. I work from home and mostly need to take the dog out, go to kids sports practices and go to the store. What kind of dork needs to get dressed up to go to a grocery store?

Don't worry, Herbie, your clothing choices are not why we all think you're a loser.

Adults that wear sweatpants in public  502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-18, 13:27

When I was at MSU, I used to semi-frequently see a guy walking around/waiting at bus stops in a bath robe. Probably a Big Lebowski fan, but he wasn't pulling it off.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-18, 13:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't worry, in fact I take most personal attacks from "we" in a completely opposite manner when it comes to picking winners and losers
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next