Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria

4 posters

Go down

Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria Empty Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria

Post by NigelUno Thu May 04, 2017 7:03 pm

First on CNN: Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria

"A US Central Command investigation found that a March US airstrike in northern Syria did in fact strike a building that was part of a "mosque complex," two US defense officials told CNN Thursday.

For days following the March 16 strike, the Pentagon adamantly rejected the notion that a mosque was hit and that there were civilian casualties -- even as numerous social media reports showed images of bodies being taken out of the rubble."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria Empty Re: Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria

Post by CheesySpartan Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 pm

#trollsohard. Article says site in question was both not a terrorist site and also a terrorist site depending on source.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria Empty Re: Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria

Post by DWags Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I love the fact we're legitimately upset and interested in whether we bombed a mosque or not and I respect that. However I've also been told by my bizniz partners navy seal son that the bad guys are taking advantage of that. Fuck I hate that kind of stuff, but perhaps it's becoming very true that all is fair in love and war. While I'd rather avoid conflict I do believe we try to do our best to save innocents. Sometimes we fuck up. But it certainly isn't on the level of a my Lai type thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 pm

DWags wrote:I love the fact we're legitimately upset and interested in whether we bombed a mosque or not and I respect that. However I've also been told by my bizniz partners navy seal son that the bad guys are taking advantage of that. Fuck I hate that kind of stuff, but perhaps it's becoming very true that all is fair in love and war.  While I'd rather avoid conflict I do believe we try to do our best to save innocents.  Sometimes we fuck up. But it certainly isn't on the level of a my Lai type thing.

Yep...my experience is similar. I've been told the same by family members and friends in the Navy, Army and Air Force.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 pm

He continued, "As always, you know, we take extraordinary measures to mitigate the loss of civilian life in our operations."

Pentagon investigation: US hit mosque complex in Syria 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down