Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test?

+3
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
7 posters

Go down

Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test? Empty Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test?

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 16:28

As usual the Left accuses the Right of the very behavior they're indulging in.

Bernie Sanders can no longer support Christians for public office because they believe Muslims are going to hell.

BERNIE SANDERS TO TRADITIONAL CHRISTIANS: YOUR BELIEFS ARE INDEFENSIBLY HATEFUL AND INSULTING, AND NOT WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test? Empty Re: Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test?

Post by Cameron 2017-06-08, 16:40

I love Bernie, but he's lost the plot a bit here. It's a central tenet of many, perhaps even most, religions that non-believers are not on the path to salvation. One would expect a Muslim to say the same thing if the roles were reversed.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test? Empty Re: Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 16:46

I like that the headline says that but then the article says his quote was this.

Sanders: I would simply say, Mr. Chairman, that this nominee is really not someone who this country is supposed to be about.

I don't see the first part, though maybe I'm missing it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-08, 16:55

Religion is stupid.

You're going to hell!

No you are!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 16:56

Pretty sure I'm not missing it. So they lied. But I'm sure it worked to get a bunch of people at thegospelcoalition.blogspot.org.com all riled up and in a tizzy. Not sure God will forgive the lying, but I guess they'll deal with that later.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-08, 17:13

Rocinante wrote:Religion is stupid.

You're going to hell!

No you are!!

This. Remember when the Right was going to impose a religious litmus test? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-06-08, 17:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Pretty sure I'm not missing it. So they lied. But I'm sure it worked to get a bunch of people at thegospelcoalition.blogspot.org.com all riled up and in a tizzy. Not sure God will forgive the lying, but I guess they'll deal with that later.

And this.
But I'll pray for evangelicals who, according to our president, are under siege.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 18:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Pretty sure I'm not missing it. So they lied. But I'm sure it worked to get a bunch of people at thegospelcoalition.blogspot.org.com all riled up and in a tizzy. Not sure God will forgive the lying, but I guess they'll deal with that later.

I think it's this quote....

Senator Sanders’s spokesman issued a statement that same day:

In a democratic society, founded on the principle of religious freedom, we can all disagree over issues, but racism and bigotry—condemning an entire group of people because of their faith—cannot be part of any public policy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 18:17

LooseGoose wrote:

I think it's this quote....

Senator Sanders’s spokesman issued a statement that same day:

In a democratic society, founded on the principle of religious freedom, we can all disagree over issues, but racism and bigotry—condemning an entire group of people because of their faith—cannot be part of any public policy

"Your beliefs are indefensibly hateful and insulting"

Sorry, he didn't say that. They made up a quote in the headline to rile up their readers, who now believe that Bernie sanders said that. He did not. I hope the person that wrote that has fun in hell.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-08, 18:48

Rocinante wrote:Religion is stupid.

You're going to hell!

No you are!!

Imagine
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 19:57

LooseGoose wrote:As usual the Left accuses the Right of the very behavior they're indulging in.

Bernie Sanders can no longer support Christians for public office because they believe Muslims are going to hell.

BERNIE SANDERS TO TRADITIONAL CHRISTIANS: YOUR BELIEFS ARE INDEFENSIBLY HATEFUL AND INSULTING, AND NOT WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT

You need to smoke a few bowls of illegal marijuana and relax.

Otherwise move to West MI where you know you're going to have to watch invoices when your customers open telling you what good Christians they are.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-08, 20:30

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:As usual the Left accuses the Right of the very behavior they're indulging in.

You need to smoke a few bowls of illegal marijuana and relax.

Otherwise move to West MI where you know you're going to have to watch invoices when your customers open telling you what good Christians they are.

So you have evidence it's illegal?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-08, 22:27

You're a dope smoker who's bragged your county prosecutor lets minor drugs slide.

Typical Trump Republican Goosechev. Rules are for others but you pick and choose. You sound like a West Michigan born again Calvinist
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-08, 22:46

GRR Spartan wrote:You're a dope smoker who's bragged your county prosecutor lets minor drugs slide.

Typical Trump Republican Goosechev. Rules are for others but you pick and choose. You sound like a West Michigan born again Calvinist

God shut up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-09, 07:59

no I don't remember that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-09, 08:49

I remember when conservative meant you kept out of other people's busines.

Now conservatives want to tell my daughter what she can and can't do.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-09, 08:52

GRR Spartan wrote:You're a dope smoker who's bragged your county prosecutor lets minor drugs slide.

In defense of our Prosecutor, that's NOT what I said. I have said she's MM friendly. Meaning that if you follow MI State Laws you'll have no problems. That's quite different from what you're claiming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-09, 09:05

Now the Atlantic weighs in...

Bernie Sanders's Religious Test for Christians in Public Office
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-06-09, 09:10

Religion has no place in our public life. The American Taliban, however, wants to force the church to be the center of towns like it was when the pilgrims landed. If I live to be 120, I have no doubt if the American Taliban keeps winning seats in local state and national legislatures, we'll see those public flogging of infidels again. It will only become more divided in our country, not less.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-06-09, 09:10

Do you think the gospel coalition is going to apologize to Bernie sanders for making up a quote and attributing it to him or no? I mean, they need to apologize to God, but I don't think it's necessary to do that in public.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-09, 09:16

It is weird to me that a Christian saying "non-Christians are going to Hell" is now considered bigotry by some. That's a fundamental doctrine of the faith.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-06-09, 09:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you think the gospel coalition is going to apologize to Bernie sanders for making up a quote and attributing it to him or no? I mean, they need to apologize to God, but I don't think it's necessary to do that in public.

You clearly don't know the new moral code of 21st century politically active christians (small c).
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-06-09, 09:22

Cameron wrote:It is weird to me that a Christian saying "non-Christians are going to Hell" is now considered bigotry by some. That's a fundamental doctrine of the faith.

If applied equally then Christians and Muslims would be unable to be in government posts.   Christians think Muslims and others are going to hell and Muslims believe that about all infidels.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-06-09, 09:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:It is weird to me that a Christian saying "non-Christians are going to Hell" is now considered bigotry by some. That's a fundamental doctrine of the faith.

If applied equally then Christians and Muslims would be unable to be in government posts.   Christians think Muslims and others are going to hell and Muslims believe that about all infidels.

I would be fine with that, actually. Wink
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-06-09, 09:35

quick reminder that 81% of "christians" voted for a racist, bigoted admitted sexual predator who also mocks disabled people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down