Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products?

+18
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
The Pantry
pulling69
SeeRockCity
Jake from State Farm
tTito
SawGreen
By-Tor
goodbar
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? Empty What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 13:41

I had never heard of them until someone referred to a "Yeti cooler" in a similar sense that others might reference the Declaration of Independence.

so I did a bit of research, as the person in question was really excited about the Yeti product he had recently procured. I found out that a Yeti cooler can cost from, about $100 upwards to $1,000.. is that correct?

what is it about them that makes them so expensive??

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? Empty Re: What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products?

Post by Death Roe Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 13:58

Part of it is brand name, part of it is the design. They're insulated to stay cool for days at a time, and their coolers can float.

The tumblers/ramblers, though, are overrated. The cheap-o 32 oz. ones at Walmart are rated better than the Yeti.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? Empty Re: What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 14:08

Yeah the 32 oz ramblers are awesome for ice water or mixed drinks. But buy RTIC or (if you can stomach it) Ozark Trail from Wally World. Same product, lots cheaper.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 14:09

Death Roe wrote:Part of it is brand name, part of it is the design. They're insulated to stay cool for days at a time, and their coolers can float.

The tumblers/ramblers, though, are overrated. The cheap-o 32 oz. ones at Walmart are rated better than the Yeti.
I can see the need to want to keep stuff cold for more than half a day.. still seems like a lot of money for a cooler, though.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 14:10

Yeti does a helluva job marketing.

To me they are to cooler/thermal products like Kalamazoo Grills are to that market segment.
Coolers are built like tanks but I'm not off roading in Death Valley.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 14:17

I think there's a Yeti in those woods.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 15:48

stuff needs to stay cool in the back of your range rover on the way up north to the cottage, bob.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 15:49

The off brand stuff RTIC and Ozark mentioned above are made in the same factory as Yeti over in China. You pay extra for the Yeti logo. Some people (usually soccer mom milfs) think it's worth it.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 15:58

NigelUno wrote:I think there's a Yeti in those woods.

Them woods is squatchy as hell.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 17:06

It's Beats by Dre cooler style.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 19:09

Yeti coolers and similar products have two linings (walls) with a vacuum in-between. That's the key to locking in the hot/cold.

I have a 32 oz. Hydro Flask that kicks ass.

Edit: Oh, and when I use the vacuum think "lack of air" and not "cleaning carpet."
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 19:57

http://www.shiticoolers.com/

Built for the Broke
If it ain't a YETI...It's a SHITI
Are you sick of your friends bragging about their YETI Coolers and mugs? YETI has changed the culture for coolers around the world for years. As a result, YETI Cooler customers feel more badass than others just because their cooler "Keeps ice longer". After the average person purchases a YETI they believe it's a life changing event. Suddenly the man who never left his house is now pretending to fish, hunt, kayak and live out of a van just because he purchased a $400 cooler. Us SHITI Guys just don't understand it.

Let's not forget about the cooler that got you here. SHITI Coolers takes pride in the cooler hidden in grandpas garage or the cooler you've been taking on family vacations for years. We support coolers that keep beer warm! We all embrace the SHITI moments in life and love when shit goes wrong. Lets face it, the SHITI moments are much more memorable than the perfect ones..... Join the SHITI Cult and slap a SHITI sticker on your old ass cooler today!
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 8:01

goodbar wrote:stuff needs to stay cool in the back of your range rover on the way up north to the cottage, bob.
oh, yeah - I'm guessing it's a very "up north" sort of thing - just from the price tag.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 8:02

Jake from State Farm wrote:http://www.shiticoolers.com/

Built for the Broke
If it ain't a YETI...It's a SHITI
Are you sick of your friends bragging about their YETI Coolers and mugs? YETI has changed the culture for coolers around the world for years. As a result, YETI Cooler customers feel more badass than others just because their cooler "Keeps ice longer". After the average person purchases a YETI they believe it's a life changing event. Suddenly the man who never left his house is now pretending to fish, hunt, kayak and live out of a van just because he purchased a $400 cooler. Us SHITI Guys just don't understand it.

Let's not forget about the cooler that got you here. SHITI Coolers takes pride in the cooler hidden in grandpas garage or the cooler you've been taking on family vacations for years. We support coolers that keep beer warm! We all embrace the SHITI moments in life and love when shit goes wrong. Lets face it, the SHITI moments are much more memorable than the perfect ones..... Join the SHITI Cult and slap a SHITI sticker on your old ass cooler today!
What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 10:03

Yeti are for slow drinkers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 10:45

My company bought me one of these:

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 61bXbJZMEOL._SL1000_

I have to admit, it's a pretty nice cooler. I will probably take a serious look at one of the big ones or a similarly built competing project for camping with the boys. Would be nice not to have to drive 30 minutes into town every day to refresh the ice in the cheap igloo.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 10:48

SeeRockCity wrote:My company bought me one of these:

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 61bXbJZMEOL._SL1000_

I have to admit, it's a pretty nice cooler. I will probably take a serious look at one of the big ones or a similarly built competing project for camping with the boys. Would be nice not to have to drive 30 minutes into town every day to refresh the ice in the cheap igloo.

your work bought you a cooler?

what do you do for a living... transport donated organs?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I have to admit, it's a pretty nice cooler.  I will probably take a serious look at one of the big ones or a similarly built competing project for camping with the boys.  Would be nice not to have to drive 30 minutes into town every day to refresh the ice in the cheap igloo.

Bull semen collector
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 13:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I see organs being transported at work every now and then, they never use a Yeti. It is usually one of those thick foam types(like you get from Omaha Steaks not the shit from 7-11) or a standard run of the mill Igloo Playmate type.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 13:09

pulling69 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:your work bought you a cooler?

I see organs being transported at work every now and then, they never use a Yeti. It is usually one of those thick foam types(like you get from Omaha Steaks not the shit from 7-11) or a standard run of the mill Igloo Playmate type.
I usually transport my organ in a pair of Levi's 511 jeans.

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 15:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
pulling69 wrote:

I usually transport my organ in a pair of Levi's 511 jeans.

46x28?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 16:03

Had heard of Yeti but had no idea the stuff was so expensive.

Camped in Acadia NP for 6 nights...beautiful park. Had made reservations at a SP southeast of Boston so took the pop-up down there. Rained the first night. Got out of the trailer the next morning to discover someone had stolen the 120 quart Coleman cooler we had put under the awning. Think I paid maybe $60-65 for the thing. Some of you are gonna love this...the only thing in it beside ice was 2 gallons of raw milk.

Can't imagine having to worry about leaving a $400+ cooler anywhere outside. The "Yeti" logo minus well read "Steal Me".

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 16:26

I love Ty's explanation of a vacuum. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 8:46

but how does it know how to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? really makes you think...
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 8:57

goodbar wrote:but how does it know how to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? really makes you think...

It just does. It's science.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 9:40

goodbar wrote:but how does it know how to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? really makes you think...

If you leave the top open, things will warm up.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 12:57

pulling69 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I usually transport my organ in a pair of Levi's 511 jeans.

46x28?
I'm down to my summer weight now.. so 44X26

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:43

What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600  What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600  What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:55

I would have thought you were an Otterbox man?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:56

LooseGoose wrote:I would have thought you were an Otterbox man?

no idea what that is.

I don't think we even own a cooler.. there might be one in the basement somewhere. I don't really know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600  What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600  What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600

He's one of your fellow Carolinians, Bob.

http://www.wistv.com/story/38021725/this-yeti-aint-ready-sc-man-explodes-yeti-cooler-after-nra-said-company-severed-ties
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 14:38

Snowflakes with guns are still snowflakes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 14:47

tGreenWay wrote:Snowflakes with guns are still snowflakes.

Lol. CEOs pissing off 50% or more of their customers for no good reason are still idiots.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:02

the big tough gun-owning patriots sure are sensitive.. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:03

LooseGoose wrote:

Lol. CEOs pissing off 50% or more of their customers for no good reason are still idiots.
my goal is to upset 100% of them.. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:07

LooseGoose wrote:

From the article above:

“YETI responded to the claims in a post on its Facebook page. In that statement, the company states it notified the NRA and other organizations that they were eliminating a group of “outdated discounting programs.”

“When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20,” the statement read in part.”

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good hissy fit. Like I said: Snowflakes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
the big tough gun-owning patriots sure are sensitive.. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600

Maybe they just can’t read. Or, more likely, they love playing the victim.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 15:11

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the big tough gun-owning patriots sure are sensitive.. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600

like I said, to be these big, tough, shoot first/ask questions later, truck-drivin' folks, they sure are sensitive.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the big tough gun-owning patriots sure are sensitive.. What Is The Cool Thing About Yeti Coolers And Other Yeti Products? 502811600

Oh come now. You're not that naive. Whatever other programs were cut were a cover. I've only bought a couple of yeti products in my life so i'm far from enraged. I simply think it's rank stupidity to upset customers for no gain. But then again I needed to make money to draw a salary unlike ceo s of big corps
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018 - 16:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:
U
like I said, to be these big, tough, shoot first/ask questions later, truck-drivin' folks, they sure are sensitive.

So boycotts are approved by you only if sponsored by granola crunchers??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next