Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate

+4
InTenSity
Rocinante
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
8 posters

Go down

Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate  Empty Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate

Post by tGreenWay 30/06/17, 02:46 pm

Who'da thunk I would agree with Herbie and Snyder in the same week? It's fricking frightening, but as McCloud used to say: There ya go.
http://on.freep.com/2ttNpLN
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate  Empty Re: Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate

Post by msugolfguy 30/06/17, 02:54 pm

Snyder is probably the best thing to happen to the state in 30 years.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate  Empty Re: Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate

Post by Rocinante 30/06/17, 03:00 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there, guy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 30/06/17, 03:04 pm

Hey he at least seems reasonable. Unlike some of loons running around. I didn't agree with right to work and the Flint thing was horrible. Yet he isn't a hardliner.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 30/06/17, 03:16 pm

What the hell is going on in MI? Is there something I don't know about with the 'pro-life' or anti abortion crowd? My dad thinks exactly the way that Goose does, and sounds a lot like the representative who's trying to push the legislation through. When I was in MI, my dad was screaming in my face, I'm not even sure I understand the argument, but basically that he chose to let me live and chose to let my sister live instead of killing us. I didn't say anything. There seems to be something, and maybe because I really only hear it from people in MI, about the butchering of babies. It is very noble to stand up and say you aren't for killing babies, no one is for killing babies. Then in the next breathe talk about how some welfare queen is scamming the system because all she does is have babies. I'm flabbergasted.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 30/06/17, 03:23 pm

InTenSity wrote:What the hell is going on in MI? Is there something I don't know about with the 'pro-life' or anti abortion crowd? My dad thinks exactly the way that Goose does, and sounds a lot like the representative who's trying to push the legislation through. When I was in MI, my dad was screaming in my face, I'm not even sure I understand the argument, but basically that he chose to let me live and chose to let my sister live instead of killing us. I didn't say anything. There seems to be something, and maybe because I really only hear it from people in MI, about the butchering of babies. It is very noble to stand up and say you aren't for killing babies, no one is for killing babies. Then in the next breathe talk about how some welfare queen is scamming the system because all she does is have babies. I'm flabbergasted.

It's times like these I am happy my father is an self centered, uncaring alcoholic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 30/06/17, 03:25 pm

Rocinante wrote:
InTenSity wrote:What the hell is going on in MI? Is there something I don't know about with the 'pro-life' or anti abortion crowd? My dad thinks exactly the way that Goose does, and sounds a lot like the representative who's trying to push the legislation through. When I was in MI, my dad was screaming in my face, I'm not even sure I understand the argument, but basically that he chose to let me live and chose to let my sister live instead of killing us. I didn't say anything. There seems to be something, and maybe because I really only hear it from people in MI, about the butchering of babies. It is very noble to stand up and say you aren't for killing babies, no one is for killing babies. Then in the next breathe talk about how some welfare queen is scamming the system because all she does is have babies. I'm flabbergasted.

It's times like these I am happy my father is an self centered, uncaring alcoholic.

Lol. My dad still supports the union as he was a pipefitter. Suffice to say during right to work protest I thought someone was going to beat him up, he went anyway.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 30/06/17, 03:37 pm

msugolfguy wrote:Snyder is probably the best thing to happen to the state in 30 years.

They said the same things about Nero
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 30/06/17, 04:43 pm

I hate hearing from friends out of state, especially those who grew up here, that we've become Michissippi. Sadly, it's the truth.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 30/06/17, 04:53 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I hate hearing from friends out of state, especially those who grew up here, that we've become Michissippi. Sadly, it's the truth.

It's almost as if enforced scarcity and inequality leading to repetitive crises and vampire systems of capital hoarding, combined with legislated racial and economic segregation lead to an ignorant and angry populace that is ripe for manipulation by corporatist pigs looking for a scapegoat.

Thur killin tha babbies. Don't look aver here while we exploit your labor, profit from your misery and stockpile all the resources for ourselves.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 30/06/17, 05:46 pm

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's almost as if enforced scarcity and inequality leading to repetitive crises and vampire systems of capital hoarding, combined with legislated racial and economic segregation lead to an ignorant and angry populace that is ripe for manipulation by corporatist pigs looking for a scapegoat.

Thur killin tha babbies. Don't look aver here while we exploit your labor, profit from your misery and stockpile all the resources for ourselves.

What's the matter with Kansas? Pfffphhh! What's the matter with Michigan?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/17, 06:38 pm

Reading this thread and thinking about what a horrible message that license plate would send to the world.

I'm relieved that the more refined worldwide won't think we're a bunch of red neck cretins that might Choose Life.  

The horror of it all.

Snyder vetoes anti-Choice license plate  636289745508579991-license-sized

Do you ever think about the issues you get all lathered up about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 30/06/17, 07:01 pm

You can "Choose Life" and show your beliefs with a Choose Life license plate holder you can purchase from an organization like Right to Life.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 30/06/17, 09:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Reading this thread and thinking about what a horrible message that license plate would send to the world.

I'm relieved that the more refined worldwide won't think we're a bunch of red neck cretins that might Choose Life.  

The horror of it all.

Where does that end? Marijuana leaf? A gun? Think it through.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/17, 09:22 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Reading this thread and thinking about what a horrible message that license plate would send to the world.

The horror of it all.

Where does that end? Marijuana leaf? A gun? Think it through.

So it's a slippery slope then??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 30/06/17, 10:54 pm

Snyder is actually right for once. The topic is nuclear between the two sides. Such a plate would only foster a deeper division and there's no reason the state needs to step into the fight any further. It's for that reason that I don't think there should be a Pro Choice plate option, although, if he'd signed the anti-Choice plate, then a Pro-Choice plate should've been available as well.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 30/06/17, 11:19 pm

Who ever even thought that that was a valuable way to generate revenue? Some dipshit republican probably, with their typical extremely shortsighted reasoning.

"Yeah! We can sell so many of these license plates to our drooling idiot fan base! Yeah! So much revenue!"

*actually effect- even 2-3 incidents caused by one of these plates, including inevitable protests, eats up every dime generated and drags costs of the idea to the negative due to required police activity and such.*

Dipshit republican- "oh wait what? I've already moved on to my next really dumb idea. Who even cares about those plates anymore? That's probably fake news anyway. Media witch hunt."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 30/06/17, 11:21 pm

That said- every single person that works in your state legislature is a complete fucking idiot. Democrat or republican. As I think I've mentioned, I spent a good amount of time working with these people in the past. They are very very very dumb. I can't over state how stupid they are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 01/07/17, 12:01 am

They have pro choice plates in Florida. They also have billboards that show a woman with a baby in her arms with a message that says something like every life is valuable. I want to buy the Billboard after that one, put a picture of bin Laden on it with the same message.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 01/07/17, 12:06 am

InTenSity wrote:They have pro choice plates in Florida. They also have billboards that show a woman with a baby in her arms with a message that says something like every life is valuable. I want to buy the Billboard after that one, put a picture of bin Laden on it with the same message.

That's pretty damn good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 01/07/17, 12:06 am

Although I'd go with a death row inmate.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/17, 07:59 am

Yes!!!! There's nothing quite as comparable as an innocent baby, Osama Bin Laden and a death row inmate. Great work guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/07/17, 08:37 am

The horror of it all.

Oh so are you saying you dont care about this issue?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/17, 09:31 am

Herbie Green wrote:

The horror of it all.

Oh so are you saying you dont care about this issue?

No.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 01/07/17, 10:31 am

Anti choicers crack me up. All life is precious... until it isn't. They're so good at equivocating. Once that thing is born, fuck you, kid, outta my way, and don't mess up or we're going to put you down like a dog.

Fucking hypocrites.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 01/07/17, 11:11 am

So few choices out there already

How many of the outraged have become adoptive parents or foster parents

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1595_9026---,00.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 01/07/17, 11:26 am

GRR Spartan wrote:So few choices out there already

How many of the outraged have become adoptive parents or foster parents

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585_1595_9026---,00.html

It's not their job to adopt, it's their job to saddle us with unwanted and unloved kids who they can bitch about and say we need more privatized jails for when the kids turn 20 and government can give the wealthy who own the jails even more money.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 01/07/17, 11:50 am

LooseGoose wrote:Yes!!!! There's nothing quite as comparable as an innocent baby, Osama Bin Laden and a death row inmate. Great work guys.

Only the mental gymnastics the small government Right to Life lobby will do to justify intermingling government and religious beliefs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/17, 01:19 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Yes!!!! There's nothing quite as comparable as an innocent baby, Osama Bin Laden and a death row inmate. Great work guys.

Only the mental gymnastics the small government Right to Life lobby will do to justify intermingling government and religious beliefs.

So not killing babies is a religious belief?

Is all opposition to murder a religious belief? "Thou shalt not kill"

If so, should we overturn laws against murder since it's an intermingling of church and state?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 01/07/17, 08:42 pm

Still trying to play wordsmith?  Blather on.

Your moral authority is less than zero.

Your support of Trump and your support of a GOP Senate being ready to block a President Clinton SCOTUS nominees for 4 or longer told me you are a lover of authoritarian leaders and authoritarian governments.

A convienient "conservative" whose idea of small government means increased government.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down