Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

+6
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   Empty Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-19, 20:13

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4712616/John-McCain-diagnosed-brain-cancer.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   Empty Re: Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-07-19, 20:32

I was afraid this might be the diagnosis when the reason for his emergency surgery was announced.

WaPo as well.

He has painted outside the lines more than most GOP senators in the last 2 decades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/john-mccain-republican-senator-from-arizona-has-a-brain-tumor/2017/07/19/3331c5fa-6cdf-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html?utm_term=.e3e02cf1d6b8
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   Empty Re: Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

Post by kingstonlake 2017-07-19, 20:55

Ugh. Best wishes to a good man.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-19, 22:36

Yeah, I remember the Comey questioning when we all thought he lost it. Well, now we know why. Feel horrible. Good man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-19, 23:23

Guessing it won't be long until the President will take to Twitter to crack some jokes at his expense.

No wonder Senator McCain spoke out against my healthcare bill! #Braindamage!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-19, 23:24

My future brother in law oncologist told me that the type he has is 95% fatal within 18-24 months.

I just got home so I haven't read any articles and have no idea if that's common knowledge that's out there or not.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-07-19, 23:30

Wow, holy shit really? I didn't read much either but the headlines and brief snippets I read seemed to intimate it was no big deal. Terrible.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-20, 00:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My future brother in law oncologist told me that the type he has is 95% fatal within 18-24 months.

I just got home so I haven't read any articles and have no idea if that's common knowledge that's out there or not.

I thought I read somewhere tonight the median length of survival is 16 mos. It really depends what grade (stage) the glioblastoma is assigned. This is the same type of brain tumor that killed my dad. He had a grade 4 tumor--the worst possible diagnosis. Docs gave him six months and he lived seven, although he wasn't conscious the last month. I've checked several sites but haven't seen what grade the doctors gave McCain's cancer.

Several years ago, I had a random conversation in Salem, Mass, with a neurosurgeon from Royal oak Beaumont Hospital. He told me that medicine had come a long way in treating brain tumors since my dad died in late '86 in every category of tumor except the one that got my dad, Ted Kennedy, and now McCain. That one is still as aggressive and lethal as it has ever been.
Good thoughts for the senator. He has a helluva fight in front of him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-20, 07:52

I suspect the sexual predator likes people who don't get brain cancer.

Well wishes to Sen. McCain. He's been a little frustrating over the years, but still a good man and a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-07-20, 08:35

A great American for sure.

The absolutely remarkable life of John McCain
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-20, 08:54

Isn't a gioblastoma what George Malley had in the movie Phenomenon that gave him psychokinetic powers? That would be cool.

Kidding aside, I wish Senator McCain nothing but the best in his battle. Cancer sucks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-20, 15:36

I still can't believe this scum bag said this. It came over on my facebook feed.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-20, 16:01

I emailed the NYT medical reporter. She says if the doctors know the grade/stage, it hasn't been released.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-07-20, 22:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guessing it won't be long until the President will take to Twitter to crack some jokes at his expense.

No wonder Senator McCain spoke out against my healthcare bill! #Braindamage!

This reporter for the LA Times beat them to it.....

Daniel Lin‏ @danwlin 27m27 minutes ago

Unsupported claim: 10,800 RTs
Retraction: 23 RTs
Apology: 9 RTs

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   DFOPYiPXsAAn49d

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   DFOPYjdXkAAF15Y

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   DFOPYkrXkAA3JDN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-20, 22:12

Not as much as you'll regret having to look for another job.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-21, 03:07

It was tasteless and bad timing, but the LATimes reporter only deleted the original tweet and apologized because, as she said, it didn't meet her paper's standard for verification. She didn't say the first tweet was incorrect. Seems it was truthful, if not incredibly callous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-21, 08:06

DWags wrote:I still can't believe this scum bag said this.   It came over on my facebook feed.  

when someone brags about sexually assaulting women, there's really nothing else he could say that would surprise me.

oh - and reminder that 81% of 'christians' support an admitted sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-21, 08:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:I still can't believe this scum bag said this.   It came over on my facebook feed.  

when someone brags about sexually assaulting women, there's really nothing else he could say that would surprise me.

McCain was in a prison camp for five years, this guy got a deferment because of foot spurs. People in his audience were laughing when he said it about McCain too. Christians.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-21, 08:25

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

McCain was in a prison camp for five years, this guy got a deferment because of foot spurs. People in his audience were laughing when he said it about McCain too. Christians.
at least he ain't black.

Senator McCain diagnosed with brain cancer   2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-07-21, 10:21

White House "unsure" if the sexual predator regrets demeaning Sen. McCain's status as a war hero:

.@kwelkernbc asks Sarah Sanders if POTUS regrets denying McCain is a war hero.
Reply: “I’m not sure about that,” adds POTUS has well wishes.
— Chris Johnson (@chrisjohnson82) July 20, 2017
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down