Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC just gets weirder by the moment...

+4
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DC just gets weirder by the moment... Empty DC just gets weirder by the moment...

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-27, 15:38

Jonathan Weisman‏Verified account
@jonathanweisman
Just when thought ACA repeal push couldn't get weirder, senators say they'll vote for skinny repeal only if House GOP promises not to pass it

MJ Lee‏Verified account
@mj_lee
Republican senators are openly warning that the House better not pass the Senate's skinny repeal bill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DC just gets weirder by the moment... Empty Re: DC just gets weirder by the moment...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-27, 16:00

The thing is they could just stop and admit that they were blowing smoke up peoples asses about repealing and replacing to win votes. It's not like people haven't figured that out already anyway.

See, the thing is, if they fuck up the healthcare system, and they will if they pass something... When democrats take things back over running on "they fucked up your healthcare" going back to Obamacare isn't going to be the option. It's going to be the dreaded single payer that they all hate so much. They should cut their losses while they can.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DC just gets weirder by the moment... Empty Re: DC just gets weirder by the moment...

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-27, 16:19

Mitch McConnell is making one last frantic plea to his Senate Republican members to advance the party’s scaled-back Obamacare repeal, assuring them at a private lunch that the vote is merely aimed at getting to conference with the House rather than immediately becoming law.

The Senate majority leader picked up some key votes at lunch, with Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) endorsing the shriveling repeal effort as a bridge to bicameral negotiations. Not everyone was sold, but GOP leaders were emphasizing that the bill, which would slash Obamacare’s coverage mandates and result in millions more uninsured, is not the ultimate goal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/obamacare-repeal-republicans-status-241025
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-27, 16:51

John Bresnahan‏
@BresPolitico
House will enact "martial law" thru Tuesday under rule. Could take up & pass Senate health bill in one day. If Senate passes it!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-27, 16:55

OP is weird.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-07-27, 21:20

What in the fuck, these guys have no idea what to do.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-07-27, 22:08

msugolfguy wrote:What in the fuck, these guys have no idea what to do.

They pissed and moaned about Obamacare for seven years, but never offered an alternative plan. Now we know why. They didn't have one and still don't.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-27, 23:47

So it sounds like they're gonna pass something tonight.

A) a bunch of people are fucked for a little while.
B) republicans are suuuuuper fucked. I told y'all. None of ya listened. I said in October that the best thing republicans could get is Hillary winning, obstructing for four years so nothing really happens, then have a real leader for the party in 2020. Instead everything you like is gonna eventually suck in the name of getting this dumbass immediate agenda passed.
C) For the people that don't end up dying (no goose, 20 million won't die. 20 million or maybe 15 or so will lose their insurance. Some of them will die. How many? Don't know their exact medical situation. But certainly some will. Good job.) they will end up with single payer. It is now completely inevitable. Republicans are dipshits though who just wanted an immediate win so trump is nice to them. Very, very stupid in the long run. They will end up losing, as they nearly always do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-27, 23:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So it sounds like they're gonna pass something tonight.

They are old white men, Travis. The pass something every night. They are called kidney stones.

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:A) a bunch of people are fucked for a little while.
B) republicans are suuuuuper fucked. I told y'all. None of ya listened. I said in October that the best thing republicans could get is Hillary winning, obstructing for four years so nothing really happens, then have a real leader for the party in 2020. Instead everything you like is gonna eventually suck in the name of getting this dumbass immediate agenda passed.
C) For the people that don't end up dying (no goose, 20 million won't die. 20 million or maybe 15 or so will lose their insurance. Some of them will die. How many? Don't know their exact medical situation. But certainly some will. Good job.) they will end up with single payer. It is now completely inevitable. Republicans are dipshits though who just wanted an immediate win so trump is nice to them. Very, very stupid in the long run. They will end up losing, as they nearly always do.

The rest of your post is you trying to suck your own cock.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-27, 23:58

Nope. The people that are actually against single payer will regret this day as the day that they could have been intelligent and accepted the compromise. Now they're fucked. It'll take a couple of years, but they'll end up wishing they never did this.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 00:42

Jonathan Tamari‏Verified account
@JonathanTamari
It's 12:20 am, Rs are trying to pass a bill they hope the House kills, and we're all reading John McCain's body language. Craziness.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 00:44

CAP Action‏Verified account @CAPAction 11m11 minutes ago
Senate has defeated Sen. Murray's motion to send #SkinnyRepeal back to Committee
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-07-28, 00:55

Well shit, it's a bit tougher when you have to govern and not just bitch about Obama.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:07

DWags wrote:Well shit, it's a bit tougher when you have to govern and not just bitch about Obama.

As the night goes on apparently they do not have the votes yet as they have not voted. Good news. More good news- I do not have to work tomorrow. Bad news- I may run out of liquor before this is all settled.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:10

Taniel‏Verified account @Taniel 9m9 minutes ago
Now clear that Collins, Murkowski, & McCain informed GOP leaders of intent to vote no; all comes down to whether one can be brought back:
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:11

Ben Jacobs‏Verified account
@Bencjacobs
Susan Collins, who has a smile on her face, just walked over to Murkowski and McCain and the three are laughing
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:11

Turtleneck wrote:Taniel‏Verified account @Taniel 9m9 minutes ago
Now clear that Collins, Murkowski, & McCain informed GOP leaders of intent to vote no; all comes down to whether one can be brought back:

There's some republicans I could vote for.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:12

Lisa Desjardins‏Verified account
@LisaDNews
CLUE: If the vote starts, it means GOP has the votes. If it's 12:15/12:30 and no vote, it means there is a McCain issue.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:13

Steven Dennis‏Verified account
@StevenTDennis
NEW SCRUM: Blunt, Sullivan and Thune working on MURKOWSKI. If they get her, don't need McCain.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:14

Chad Pergram‏Verified account
@ChadPergram
With health care vote on the line, GOP senators now trying to twist arm of Murkowski. Blunt, Thune & Sullivan talking to her
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:15

Pence is present. Apparently he had a conversation with McCain. It does not appear to have ended in Pence's favor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:19

Tim Miller‏Verified account
@Timodc
This is the moment where The President will call upon the reservoir of goodwill he has built up with Senator McCailololololololololol
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:27

Jonathan Martin‏Verified account
@jmartNYT
NEWS: Two Ariz Republicans w direct knowledge tell me they now anticipate McCain WILL vote "no" on skinny.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:29

Roll call vote happening. Live here: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/senate-debates-skinny-repeal-affordable-care-act/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:33

Fails with no support from McCain, Murkowski, and Collins.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:34

Matthew Reichbach‏
@fbihop
Pence, of course, can't be the one lobbying Murkowski because he cannot be alone with a woman who is not his wife.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:35

DC just gets weirder by the moment... Top-Gun
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:35

Two days ago...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
So great that John McCain is coming back to vote. Brave - American hero! Thank you John.

...not sure Trump will feel the same way when he gets up in the morning.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:38

So what happens now? I've felt like this would die several times. And I feel like it'll die now. But I also feel like we'll be talking about this again next week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:39

Lawrence O'Donnell‏Verified account @Lawrence 6m6 minutes ago
I have never seen richer drama on the Senate floor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So what happens now? I've felt like this would die several times. And I feel like it'll die now. But I also feel like we'll be talking about this again next week.

Back to the drawing board, which will likely include, if they want legislation that will pass, working with the devil worshipping Democrats.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:44

Reporters now violently attacking senators!

Michael Linden‏
@MichaelSLinden
Uh, something just fell from the gallery and hit Sen. Scott on the head as he was talking to Sen. Sasse.

Haley Byrd‏Verified account @byrdinator 43m43 minutes ago
Haley Byrd Retweeted Michael Linden
I accidentally dropped my notebook. It's been a long day. (I'm sorry @SenatorTimScott and @BenSasse. I wasn't attacking u, I promise)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:46

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So what happens now? I've felt like this would die several times. And I feel like it'll die now. But I also feel like we'll be talking about this again next week.

Back to the drawing board, which will likely include, if they want legislation that will pass, working with the devil worshipping Democrats.

God for fucking bid.

But like I said, that's almost certainly best for them. I was wrong that they'd win tonight... and that might very well work out in their favor*, at least more than the alternative.

(*also might workout in the favor of people who rely on that assurance of healthcare.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:47

McConnell just now: "It's time for our friends on the other side to tell us what they have in mind..."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:50

Christopher Hayes‏Verified account
@chrislhayes
After 7 years of campaigning on replacing the ACA, the GOP wrote their bill over lunch, posted it at 10pm and are gonna vote at midnight.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:51

McConnell: "Now, Mr. President, it's time to move on."

Don is not going to want to hear that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:53

I do not know what to make of Ben Sasse. Plz help. He seems like he could be the kind of conservative that I could live with (maybe that's just because he's young?) but he pretty much was a constant yes on this kind of stuff. He was never in he doubt column. So, it's like, I disagree with all of his politics I guess. I don't really know all of his politics. But maybe I wouldn't hate him if I did. But I guess I prolly would if I found out more. I guess. I don't know.

I think he might be in the list of future potential presidents that I regularly update for dwags to make him happy that democrats aren't all schummer and pelosi. Kennedy, Murphy, Booker, Schiff, etc. then the republican side... Sasse, whoever runs dancing with the stars.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-07-28, 01:54

Turtleneck wrote:

McConnell just now: "It's time for our friends on the other side to tell us what they have in mind..."

DC just gets weirder by the moment... 1f62c
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:54

McConnell: "Many of our colleagues on the other side are celebrating. Probably pretty happy about all of this."

Am I wrong to remember the House GOP throwing a keg party after they passed repeal and replace legislation?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-07-28, 01:58

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I do not know what to make of Ben Sasse. Plz help. He seems like he could be the kind of conservative that I could live with (maybe that's just because he's young?) but he pretty much was a constant yes on this kind of stuff. He was never in he doubt column. So, it's like, I disagree with all of his politics I guess. I don't really know all of his politics. But maybe I wouldn't hate him if I did. But I guess I prolly would if I found out more. I guess. I don't know.

I think he might be in the list of future potential presidents that I regularly update for dwags to make him happy that democrats aren't all schummer and pelosi. Kennedy, Murphy, Booker, Schiff, etc. then the republican side... Sasse, whoever runs dancing with the stars.

Sasse is very critical of Trump (but tends to vote for legislation supported by Trump). That is why liberals are drawn to him right now. If Trump is not in the picture, liberals do not like him at all; he is way too conservative for liberals. But those are policy differences, which are to be expected. You could live with him in the sense that your fight with him would be about policy issues and not so much disrespecting, disrupting, and destroying democratic norms, values, and institutions.

He also has a decent sense of humor and gets pop culture references, so that also makes him a bit more likable.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next