Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

+7
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Death Roe
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
11 posters

Go down

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  Empty NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 13:19

I think this is pretty freakin' awesome..

CHICAGO — A WGN News exclusive — Steve Bartman is receiving an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring as a special gift from the Ricketts family and the Cubs organization.

Steve Bartman to Receive 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  Empty Re: NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Turtleneck Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 13:21

That is really nice. I hope the news reaches him in the cave he has been hiding in deep in the Himalayas.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  Empty Re: NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:That is really nice. I hope the news reaches him in the cave he has been hiding in deep in the Himalayas.
I was thinking the same thing. NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  502811600

in the linked article, he actually issues a public statement about it..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 13:38

gHost Spartan wrote:Fucking Cubbies would have won the World Series a decade earlier hadn't it been for him. Fuck Bartman.

I didn't know it was his fault they blew game 6 and went on to get crushed in game 7.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 13:43

gHost Spartan wrote:Fucking Cubbies would have won the World Series a decade earlier hadn't it been for him. Fuck Bartman.

^ Grew up in Jersey. Attended Michigan State. Lived in Arizona. Angry Cubs fan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:16

Sounds like a participation trophy to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:17

steveschneider wrote:Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

Probably more like "Hey, our fanbase is irrational and was really fucking stupid all those years ago. Here you go, man. Sorry for ruining your life for a decade-plus."
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:17

people can call it whatever they want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:19

Death Roe wrote:

Probably more like "Hey, our fanbase is irrational and was really fucking stupid all those years ago. Here you go, man. Sorry for ruining your life for a decade-plus."

And he's still gonna get his ass kicked, and now they're going to steal his ring.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:20

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

And he's still gonna get his ass kicked, and now they're going to steal his ring.

If I were him I'd just sell that thing. You know someone would pay an absurd amount to have that ring, even though his last name is engraved on it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:29

Death Roe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If I were him I'd just sell that thing. You know someone would pay an absurd amount to have that ring, even though his last name is engraved on it.

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  502811600 I don't think that would endear him to the Ricketts family.
If it were the Tigers and it was me, I'd never let it go. But the Tigers aren't winning a WS in my lifetime, so it doesn't matter to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:30

Death Roe wrote:

Should Bill Buckner get a 2004 WS ring from the Red Sox?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:30

steveschneider wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Fuck that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Fuck that.

I feel the same way about Bartman getting a ring.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:34

I want a Rose Bowl ring for surviving JLS.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:37

I bet it's the crap ring the employees got and not the real one the players got.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:52

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I bet it's the crap ring the employees got and not the real one the players got.
What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?

The real ones are dipped in beach shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:56

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: What's the difference? Fake instead of real diamonds?

The real ones are dipped in beach shit.

NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  502811600 NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  502811600 NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:57

No they would have won if Alex Gonzalez would have fielder the routine grounder on the next pitch
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon 31 Jul 2017 - 16:26

How did they get ahold of him? Does he actually want to speak publicly? Dudes life has been ruined by those fans.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 7:56

What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

Must be one of the signs of the apocalypse
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 8:06

Wally Fairway wrote:What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

I ain't sayin' that I won't perpetuate the snark when justified, but I love each and every one of you dearly.... so I have made the conscious decision over the last few months to back off of the anti-sports persona.

you guys are all great Americans and great Spartans.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 9:00

I noticed Bobby. I just thought I would let you know.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 9:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:What the fuck - BobbySaks starting an quasi-sports related thread.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

I ain't sayin' that I won't perpetuate the snark when justified, but I love each and every one of you dearly.... so I have made the conscious decision over the last few months to back off of the anti-sports persona.

GO GREEN!!

Huh - good to hear, I only come around every week or so when MSU sports aren't being contested. So this was shocking for me.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 9:41

Wally Fairway wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't know if you've noticed, but I've turned over a new leaf at tSwill..

GO GREEN!!

Huh - good to hear, I only come around every week or so when MSU sports aren't being contested. So this was shocking for me.

Yeah, well, it's really boring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 10:46

InTenSity wrote:I noticed Bobby. I just thought I would let you know.
thanks man.. I'm basically a (almost) 48 year old child who needs positive reinforcement as it relates to behavioral changes.

so your statement means a lot.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 1 Aug 2017 - 10:47

Turtleneck wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Yeah, well, it's really boring.
NSIAP - Steve Bartman To Receive a 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Championship Ring..  4198636888
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down