Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway

+8
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Rocinante
Turtleneck
12 posters

Go down

The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway Empty The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-08, 17:37

Oh, you thought I was going to post a link to an article about Republicans attacking Harris. Sorry. This is about some of those on the "Bernie left" who think they are the gatekeepers of progressivism.

Wouldn’t you know it, on the very delicious-to-watch week that Republicans start jumping off the leaky Trump frigate, some Democrats began testing attacks on one of their own, possible 2020 presidential contender Kamala Harris. The charge, leveled by a few folks on the left, including one member of the Democratic Party Unity Commission (!), is the usual one: that Harris is a corporate stooge in the mold of you-know-who and if the Democrats are even thinking about nominating her, the dis-unity commission will get to work sabotaging her.

But these attacks have the feel of something else. They have the feel of a group of people, most or all of them Bernie Sanders supporters, itching to refight 2016 and demand a level of purity that lo and behold only one candidate can possibly attain.

I wrote this many times in 2016, and I’ll write it again here: The fact that Sanders is from the state he’s from gives him the luxury of purity. I don’t doubt that he’s principled. But it’s also a fact that he (along with colleague Pat Leahy) faces less pressure from powerful interests than probably any other senator in the country.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-2020-democratic-purity-olympics-are-already-under-way?via=twitter_page
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway Empty Re: The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway

Post by Rocinante 2017-08-08, 17:40

Least objectionable is no longer good enough. What we end up with is Clintons and Trumps. I am beginning to hate relativists more than almost any other political animal. We can do better and we should.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway Empty Re: The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-12, 10:37

[tw]1459164988837355528?s=21[/tw]

😂
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-12, 10:39

The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-12, 10:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

I wonder if her former intern has recovered. Sounded traumatic having her favorite pen ‘seared’ into their memory.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-12, 12:13

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

I wonder if her former intern has recovered. Sounded traumatic having her favorite pen ‘seared’ into their memory.
The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

the mainstream media gonna mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-14, 21:16

CNN says Kamala has been a failure as VP so far
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-16, 17:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:CNN says Kamala has been a failure as VP so far

Hmm I wonder what it is about her they don't like?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-16, 21:28

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:CNN says Kamala has been a failure as VP so far

Hummm ...

1 - Successful - check
2 - democratic - check
3 - minority - check
4 - woman - check

so what is not to like?
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-17, 05:49

TrapperGus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Hummm ...

1 - Successful - check
2 - democratic - check
3 - minority - check
4 - woman - check

so what is not to like?

Wouldn’t be surprised if see a Kamala Harris email server story at some point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-17, 08:11

Na, they stick with the greatest hits... she didn't prosecute someone properly back in '02 and/or she's a bitch in her office "and like no one can totally stand working for her".
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-17, 17:49

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Na, they stick with the greatest hits... she didn't prosecute someone properly back in '02 and/or she's a bitch in her office "and like no one can totally stand working for her".

Attacking "others" is the main plank of the Republican Party.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-26, 11:58

😂

[tw]1464241475928084481?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-27, 20:47

Dude, for a shooter $500 is pocket change.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-07, 12:50

apparently, the mainstream media is upset by the earphones she uses? The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-07, 14:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently, the mainstream media is upset by the earphones she uses? The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

I'm proud to say I had no clue about this.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-07, 14:49

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently, the mainstream media is upset by the earphones she uses? The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

my wife mentioned it this morning. Said that "Politico" was reporting it. The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-13, 10:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

my wife mentioned it this morning. Said that "Politico" was reporting it. The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

You mean the Hard Right site that was purchased by an ultra hard right company last year?

What a surprise.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-13, 10:10

https://apnews.com/article/immigration-joe-biden-business-kamala-harris-central-america-e966af55ee5c998407f11940bbdd7b1d

Attacks on the VP about this in 5,4,3, ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-14, 09:16

TrapperGus wrote:

Hummm ...

1 - Successful - check
2 - democratic - check
3 - minority - check
4 - woman - check

so what is not to like?

Successful?   How many delegates did she win when she ran for president?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-14, 09:39

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Hummm ...

1 - Successful - check
2 - democratic - check
3 - minority - check
4 - woman - check

so what is not to like?

Odd that you skipped the other ones.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-14, 09:40

RQA wrote:
TrapperGus wrote:

Hummm ...

1 - Successful - check
2 - democratic - check
3 - minority - check
4 - woman - check

so what is not to like?

I don’t even like Kamala Harris all that much really but maybe slow down a little bit and think before your next wild swing and a miss. I’m pretty sure that becoming a Senator, Vice President, Presidential candidate makes someone broadly “successful.” If it doesn’t then everyone here, as well as yourself, and everyone you’ve even met in your entire life is a miserable failure which I guess is one view of life you could have but that sounds awfully depressing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-14, 10:15

NigelUno wrote:
RQA wrote:

I didn't skip them. Those are true. And in the democratic world of CRT and identity politics being a woman and minority are exactly what led to the progression of Harris through the democratic hierarchy. Once she reached the national stage she has been an abysmal failure.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-14, 10:19

it's really hard to believe that the right and the mainstream media have problems with not only women, but black women.

I mean, who could've predicted that? The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-14, 11:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's really hard to believe that the right and the mainstream media have problems with not only women, but black women.

Are the right and the mainstream media the ones that vote in the democrat primary?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-14, 11:29

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I didn't skip them. Those are true. And in the democratic world of CRT and identity politics being a woman and minority are exactly what led to the progression of Harris through the democratic hierarchy. Once she reached the national stage she has been an abysmal failure.

As opposed to Mike Pence?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-14, 11:44

"she bought cookware" is the new "I'm bothered by her email account"... The attacks on Kamala Harris are underway 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2021-12-14, 12:20

RQA wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Uh oh. You lose twenty ditto points for twice saying "democratic" instead of "democrat".
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-14, 12:41

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

Uh oh. You lose twenty ditto points for twice saying "democratic" instead of "democrat".

Can I get them back if I call you Prevert?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-14, 12:44

Do you guys want me to make an argument that Donald trump isn’t successful because he couldn’t even get 50% of 2016 Republican primary voters to vote for him? It would be a stupid argument, I wouldn’t agree with it, but it would be about on the same level of stupid argument that I’m just making because I don’t like the person, so I can do it if you want.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-14, 13:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you guys want me to make an argument that Donald trump isn’t successful because he couldn’t even get 50% of 2016 Republican primary voters to vote for him? It would be a stupid argument, I wouldn’t agree with it, but it would be about on the same level of stupid argument that I’m just making because I don’t like the person, so I can do it if you want.
you're not going to try to rationalize with someone who supports the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, are you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2021-12-14, 13:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you guys want me to make an argument that Donald trump isn’t successful because he couldn’t even get 50% of 2016 Republican primary voters to vote for him?

How many delegates did Trump win v How many delegates did Harris win?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-14, 13:58

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Do you guys want me to make an argument that Donald trump isn’t successful because he couldn’t even get 50% of 2016 Republican primary voters to vote for him?

How many delegates did Trump win v How many delegates did Harris win?

Again, they’re both asinine arguments. I thought I was pretty clear on that. They’re both very successful people unless you twist the goalposts to fit whatever silly pointless argument you’re making.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down