Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread

+17
InTenSity
steveschneider
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Clarett's Folly
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Rocinante
kingstonlake
DWags
21 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread

Post by MattyFresh Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Cameron wrote:

As long as they don't have Phillips go both ways, I feel pretty confident that their offense won't do much.

He would have to somehow throw the ball to himself.

his hs highlight tape....

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Saquon Barkley looks like a 26 year old NFL dude on juice playing against high schoolers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Play calling has been awful today

?

Trying to be way too cute. Keep it simple and the ball has been moving, sideline crap has killed a ton of drives
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:42 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

He would have to somehow throw the ball to himself.

his hs highlight tape....

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Panasiuk is good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:45 pm

I admire WMU's aggressive play right now when down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm

These 4th down conversions are killing me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Great on 3rd down, but we've killed our 4th down D numbers on this drive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:47 pm

The D is getting a little too conservative on 4th downs, I think. Need to blitz, I don't think this QB can handle pressure.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Cameron wrote:The D is getting a little too conservative on 4th downs, I think. Need to blitz, I don't think this QB can handle pressure.

Looked like a soft zone on the 4th and long
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Cameron wrote:Panasiuk is good.

I am inviting him over for Kiełbasa and Pierogis, I am serious.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Play calling in football has become ridiculous.
"Oh, stop sign-Klay Thompson- Spongebob- Tina Fay ! I thought it stop sign-Klay Thompson- Spongebob- Paul Newman."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Bachie ball!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm

aualum06 wrote:
Cameron wrote:The D is getting a little too conservative on 4th downs, I think. Need to blitz, I don't think this QB can handle pressure.

Yep and our d looks gassed at this point.

Looked like a soft zone on the 4th and long
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm

All out blitz here, please.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Heads-up play by the Western kid but no.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Thank God for the review to keep our 3rd down numbers....

And we get our 4th down back to 50% on the season.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 Yhst-130817123929166_2272_881647394
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Is Blake Treadwell on our staff?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Did tBTN only bring 3 cameras? Horrible angles on replays.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Play calling in football has become ridiculous.
"Oh, stop sign-Klay Thompson- Spongebob- Tina Fay ! I thought it stop sign-Klay Thompson- Spongebob- Paul Newman."

Somebody take CF's helmet and hide it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 502811600 tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 502811600

This made me laugh.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Is Blake Treadwell on our staff?

ya, grad assistant
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Whew got the stop. As a fan of good football tip of the cap to wmu for coming out and putting it all on the field there. Played some inspired football there on that drive.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:53 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 502811600 tOfficial boat sinking go west young Spartans game thread - Page 6 502811600

This made me laugh.

Who remembers tom Brady's "REX RYAN" audible?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:54 pm

steveschneider wrote:Whew got the stop. As a fan of good football tip of the cap to wmu for coming out and putting it all on the field there. Played some inspired football there on that drive.

That was their best of the game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm

So, I thought we'd only have LJ for three years after his freshman year. I'm leaning to four now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Whew got the stop. As a fan of good football tip of the cap to wmu for coming out and putting it all on the field there. Played some inspired football there on that drive.

That was their best of the game.

Took a good d to stop that drive too. I think vs a lot of other teams wmu scores.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Solid win and a great job by the defense
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Go EMU!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 pm

aualum06 wrote:Solid win and a great job by the defense

Yep. My only question mark and maybe A football expert can answer it. Looked like the deep ball was there for wmu a few times but the qb was inaccurate. Should we be concerned for a future game vs a deep threat receiver and more accurate qb?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:08 pm

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Solid win and a great job by the defense

Yep. My only question mark and maybe A football expert can answer it. Looked like the deep ball was there for wmu a few times but the qb was inaccurate. Should we be concerned for a future game vs a deep threat receiver and more accurate qb?

I'm not an expert, but yeah it's gonna happen. I think that's ok. I like the way we play the pass and I don't think any of our CBs are unskilled/slow/unathletic where it's going to be a long term concern. They are all young and learning on the job.

It sounds like Willis might be a matchup weakness against the deep ball. Doesn't really matter though unless we're in a Championship type game, which I doubt we will be for at least a year. And Dowell probably will be the starter by then.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Two games, only 3 total points conceded by the defense.

Not much in the way of a drive against us yet. The FG drive last week was basically one play (the deep ball), and the last drive today had 3 4th down conversions. So play in, play out, we haven't let teams move the ball much.

The flip side of that is that both opposing QBs have been pretty inaccurate, so how much of it is our D and how much of it is the opponents?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 pm

DWags wrote:So, I thought we'd only have LJ for three years after his freshman year. I'm leaning to four now.

Same.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:29 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Two games, only 3 total points conceded by the defense.

Not much in the way of a drive against us yet. The FG drive last week was basically one play (the deep ball), and the last drive today had 3 4th down conversions. So play in, play out, we haven't let teams move the ball much.

The flip side of that is that both opposing QBs have been pretty inaccurate, so how much of it is our D and how much of it is the opponents?

I think that's a good question.

Overall the chemistry just looks so much more improved this year. On the offensive side of the ball looks like we have some drives where we come out flat with some lame calling. Lewerke looks legit, great three prong attack at running back, decent ol and some good receivers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Lewerke goes for 250 of our 500 accounts for 3 touchdowns has two great runs and some NFL passes. If he was a wolverine he'd be getting some serious play in the press.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Program win
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
Cameron wrote:Panasiuk is good.

Illegal benefits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Illegal benefits.

You never had Matty's cooking.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 pm

DWags wrote:Lewerke goes for 250 of our 500 accounts for 3 touchdowns has two great runs and some NFL passes. If he was a wolverine he'd be getting some serious play in the press.
Maybe not quite the September Heisman (he'd need to rum for 200 yards against a 1AA school for that), but still a lot of press to be sure.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next