Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career

+14
Da Mayor
Frank Ricard
Clarett's Folly
DWags
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
SawGreen
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career Empty Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 17:54

Will now dominate Basketball.

Report: Exit Football Drake Harris, Hello Hoops Drake Harris

At Michigan
• Two-year letterman
• Has Appeared in 20 career games with two starting assignments at receiver
• Has eight career receptions for 50 yards

Senior (2017)
• Switched to cornerback prior to the season
• Saw his first snaps on the defensive side of the ball against Florida at the  Advocare Classic (Sept. 2)

Junior (2016)
• Contributed at wide receiver in 10 contests, starting one
• Made his first reception of the year against Illinois (Oct. 22)
• Started at wide receiver against Michigan State (Oct. 29) and caught a four-yard pass against the Spartans

Sophomore (2015)
• Oregon State (Sept. 12): Hauled in two catches
• UNLV (Sept. 19): Made one catch for eight yards
• BYU (Sept. 26); Appeared as a reserve receiver
• at Maryland (Oct. 3): Tallied one reception
• Northwestern (Oct. 10): Had two catches for a career-best 25 yards

Freshman (2014)
• Did not see game action

Michigan wide receiver Drake Harris may soon become Michigan guard Drake Harris, and this has nothing to do with a massive weight gain. A Scout user spotted Harris posting clips playing basketball on his Snapchat a few days ago, and now The Wolverine's Chris Balas is reporting that Harris plans to suit up for John Beilein:

We've heard Michigan redshirt junior wide receiver Drake Harris will be pursuing basketball now ... yes, at Michigan. Head coach John Beilein will take him in a heartbeat if the football coaches approve (we've heard Harris met with the coach yesterday), and we believe they will (and probably already have).

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2018-08-12, 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career Empty Re: Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-18, 17:59

Karma takes care of things quite nicely.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career Empty Re: Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-18, 18:01

With that stat line he's a sure fire Heisman and wooden award finalist.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-09-18, 18:04

Well he just wants to win championships
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-09-18, 19:47

aualum06 wrote:Well he just wants to win championships

Well he did win a couple of Big Ten East Third Place participator medals.

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on 2017-09-18, 19:50; edited 1 time in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-18, 19:48

gHost Spartan wrote:Wasn't he exchanging tweets with another football player and saying that they were going to run college football? Whatever happened to his partner in non-playing crime?

That might have been Shane Morris. I know Morris used to talk about being a part of a recruiting "movement" to UM. Morris now sucks at CMU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 20:07

The delusion remains strong at MGoBlow:

Happy for Drake
Does not appear to be a guy that will see the football field.  Could you imagine if he realized some of that basketball potential for us!?

A Poor Man's Paul Jokisch
Drake Harris is the first legitimate athlete at UM I can think of to play both football and basketball since Paul Jokisch - though Harris has not had a comparable level of success as Jokisch on either the gridiron or hardwood.  Glad for Drake just the same.

In a way I am surprised this
In a way I am surprised this didn't happen sooner.    Incredibly smooth on the hardwood.  Not great on the fundamentals, but he will likely show up as a better overall athlete than a lot of the guys he will face.   He could contribute immediately.  

Rare
Drake Harris proving that big, fast, tall, strong and athletic people can actually be successful in sports. A pioneer proving the pundits wrong.

And ESPN thought Peppers was
And ESPN thought Peppers was versatile, just wait 'til they hear about this!

This could help the
This could help the basketball team if Harris is kind of a depth guy, or it could be an on-steroids version of the heuristic that says position switches are bad if the position switcher jumps right into the starting lineup.

I love this!  I would love to
I love this!  I would love to see him do both!  But I love that Michigan hoops will have him - its nice to have that kind of talent just sitting around campus.  Top 100 recruit?  Hell yeah !  Sign him up!  ( i do have to say I was excited for his WR career but is a little disappointed it hasn't panned out)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-09-18, 21:55

gHost Spartan wrote:Wasn't he exchanging tweets with another football player and saying that they were going to run college football? Whatever happened to his partner in non-playing crime?

Drizzy said he wanted to attend a larger school and win a national championship.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-18, 22:10

Turtleneck wrote:

That might have been Shane Morris. I know Morris used to talk about being a part of a recruiting "movement" to UM. Morris now sucks at CMU.

Maybe, but I seem to remember it was a different QB who committed very early and then was told there wasn't room for him. He and Drizzy talked about how the best players in Michigan go to michigan. I think his first name might've been Alex or something. Who knows. It's late and I've probably already sundowned.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-18, 22:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Maybe, but I seem to remember it was a different QB who committed very early and then was told there wasn't room for him. He and Drizzy talked about how the best players in Michigan go to michigan. I think his first name might've been Alex or something. Who knows. It's late and I've probably already sundowned.

Alex Malzone??

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-18, 22:38

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Alex Malzone??

That might be it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-18, 22:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Morris committed in 2011, and was in the class of 2013. Harris was class of 2014.

Alex Malzone from Brother Rice committed in 2014, and was class of 2015. I believe Malzone is still on the roster.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-18, 22:42

GreenWay is correct. It was Malzone

https://twitter.com/alexmalzone/status/562673523463045120
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-18, 22:44

Turtleneck wrote:GreenWay is correct. It was Malzone

https://twitter.com/alexmalzone/status/562673523463045120

Blind squirrel... nut... yadda yadda yadda.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-19, 07:59

Drake Harris was one of the last recruits I followed and that was only because it was in the freep. Kid was a total jerk off and I'm happy he was a failure in collegiate sports.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 09:49

never heard of him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-19, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:never heard of him.

He had a lot of pride before the fall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-19, 10:08

I'd say the bigger jackasses were a bunch of message board posters ripping an 18 year old. But Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career 2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-19, 10:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'd say the bigger jackasses were a bunch of message board posters ripping an 18 year old. But Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career 2599972566

Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career Giphy
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 10:11

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:never heard of him.

that's never a good thing.

I don't think - I've never fully understood that saying. scratch

(I'm not real bright - you may have noticed).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-19, 10:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

that's never a good thing.

It's a bible thing, bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-19, 10:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that's never a good thing.

It's a bible thing, bob.
that explains why I don't understand it.

Thanks, man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-09-19, 10:38

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Drake Harris was one of the last recruits I followed and that was only because it was in the freep. Kid was a total jerk off and I'm happy he was a failure in collegiate sports.

I've never followed any recruits but I remember the meltdown after he decommitted and went to scUM instead of MSU. From what I read on the boards, kid seemed like a huge jackass. But then I think that he's just a dumb 18 year old kid who's had his ass kissed his entire life.

Let's hope that recruitment was a growing experience for him as well as Spartan nation. Both sides could have handled it better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-19, 12:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'd say the bigger jackasses were a bunch of message board posters ripping an 18 year old. But Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career 2599972566

So you think it affected Harris in a negative or positive way?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-19, 13:12

kingstonlake wrote:

Probably neither.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-19, 13:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Probably neither.

Agreed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-19, 14:55

This. 

Oh, and besides the message board jackasses, how about a parent who needed to live his dreams through his kid?    Those guys suck too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-10, 14:11

He's back!! The season is saved!!!

UM's Drake Harris back to playing at receiver

I'll give him this - for a kid with 8 career receptions he knows how to get a ton of publicity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 14:13

LooseGoose wrote:He's back!! The season is saved!!!

UM's Drake Harris back to playing at receiver

I'll give him this - for a kid with 8 career receptions he knows how to get a ton of publicity.

He must've taken a seminar at the Jim Harbaugh School for Attention Whoring.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 14:15

Wait just a doggone minute. He's back at receiver? I thought he quit football and this story was that he was back on the team.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-10, 14:48

So he quit to avoid MSU?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-10, 15:03

I look forward to seeing his minuscule stat line at the end the season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 15:12

Turtleneck wrote:So he quit to avoid MSU?

Seems like it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-10, 15:26

tGreenWay wrote:

Seems like it.

He didn't want to get bullied so he took a break from the team.

How many championships has he won at UM?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 15:56

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Seems like it.

He didn't want to get bullied so he took a break from the team.

How many championships has he won at UM?

If you count the reflected glory from all those September Heismans, it totals zero. If you add in the national recruiting championships, then it's zero.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 15:57

gHost Spartan wrote:It would have been great if he dropped O'Korn's late game pass instead of McDoom Drake Harris (UN)retires after stellar football career 502811600

That would've been perfect.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-10, 16:30

Can we talk about how awesome McDoom's last name is?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-10, 16:56

Turtleneck wrote:Can we talk about how awesome McDoom's last name is?

It is a pretty sweet name.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-10, 18:41

This may scare you.....but the same thought occurred to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-10, 18:50

If it wasn't such a big game under the lights with a ton on the line including the game and season and mean winning two in a row over team that's not a national brand and not raining as the clock was running down and so many people watching on TV all across the country, he would have caught that ball.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next