Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatchet Throwing

5 posters

Go down

Hatchet Throwing Empty Hatchet Throwing

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 11:19

I think this might be a summer time idea for the Curling Club up here.

Hatchet throwing a new pastime in America

Hatchet Throwing 238de3e82c94dd7a654da519d8981d7f34429b7f
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hatchet Throwing Empty Re: Hatchet Throwing

Post by DWags 2017-10-14, 11:31

Good form great follow through finger pointed at target head straight. Killer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-14, 12:58

Poster tGreenWay likes hatchets.

Hatchet Throwing B8b0533a2de4249f9ff039ea6a4e06f3--insane-clown-posse-clowns
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-10-14, 13:13

Turtleneck wrote:Poster tGreenWay likes hatchets.

That's a cleaver.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-14, 13:14

The Pantry wrote:

That's a cleaver.

June? Wally?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-14, 13:25

Lmao
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-14, 14:40

I axed you to stop teasing me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-14, 17:03

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 17:36

tGreenWay wrote:

Once upon a time I was hauling a load of bikes, rolling along the freeway just north of Atlanta, GA. I heard a little noise in the front of my truck and I knew from too much experience that I had another GM transfer case eating itself alive. Slowed down and jumped off at the next exit, found myself in Marietta, GA. Pulled into the closest motel parking lot, got a room, unhooked my trailer and gimped the truck to the nearest repair shop. That shop happened to be Crawford's Auto repair. Was pretty surprised that the owner/lead mechanic was Mac Crawford former drummer of Molly Hatchet. He did a fine job for me so I can recommend him to anyone in need.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-10-14, 18:04

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Once upon a time I was hauling a load of bikes, rolling along the freeway just north of Atlanta, GA. I heard a little noise in the front of my truck and I knew from too much experience that I had another GM transfer case eating itself alive. Slowed down and jumped off at the next exit, found myself in Marietta, GA. Pulled into the closest motel parking lot, got a room, unhooked my trailer and gimped the truck to the nearest repair shop. That shop happened to be Crawford's Auto repair. Was pretty surprised that the owner/lead mechanic was Mac Crawford former drummer of Molly Hatchet. He did a fine job for me so I can recommend him to anyone in need.
Genuinely cool story. Get an autograph?

Why did you have such bad luck the GM transfer cases? Especially in 2WD on a freeway in GA.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 18:26

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Genuinely cool story. Get an autograph?

Why did you have such bad luck the GM transfer cases? Especially in 2WD on a freeway in GA.

I didn't, chatted with him quite a bit and he let us borrow his car to drive to SC and pick up a replacement case so he went well above trying to help us out.

GM had about a $0.05 cent clip in their transfer cases that would work itself out then the case would eat itself alive. Took me 2-3 of them to find out what was going on. We eventually found a place that rebuilt them with a better clip and warranted they wouldn't fail.

We had one fail in WI, IA, TN, and IA. LKQ just kept sending replacements but I couldn't hack the 2-3 days of downtime waiting for them. By the time the one in GA happened we knew where to order the replacement from. You didn't need to be in 4WD for them to fail, just driving.

Here's a good youtube on it....this went on for years without a GM fix. Sort of like the Duramax fuel injectors.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-10-14, 19:04

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Genuinely cool story. Get an autograph?

I didn't, chatted with him quite a bit and he let us borrow his car to drive to SC and pick up a replacement case so he went well above trying to help us out.

GM had about a $0.05 cent clip in their transfer cases that would work itself out then the case would eat itself alive. Took me 2-3 of them to find out what was going on. We eventually found a place that rebuilt them with a better clip and warranted they wouldn't fail.

We had one fail in WI, IA, TN, and IA. LKQ just kept sending replacements but I couldn't hack the 2-3 days of downtime waiting for them. By the time the one in GA happened we knew where to order the replacement from. You didn't need to be in 4WD for them to fail, just driving.

Here's a good youtube on it....this went on for years without a GM fix. Sort of like the Duramax fuel injectors.

Never heard of that before. What model years did it affect?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 19:10

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Never heard of that before. What model years did it affect?

1999-2007 - I'm not sure it was all models of the transfer cases but I know it was all of them on 3/4 ton trucks. Just stupid by GM that it went on for 8 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-14, 19:29

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's a great story. Did you play it cool?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-10-14, 19:34

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Never heard of that before. What model years did it affect?

1999-2007 - I'm not sure it was all models of the transfer cases but I know it was all of them on 3/4 ton trucks. Just stupid by GM that it went on for 8 years.
Interesting. Original owner of a 2004 Envoy XL 5.3 V8 4WD. Less than 110k miles. Still love the vehicle but will keep an eye on the transfer case issue.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 20:23

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, pretty much. We had a couple of mutual acquaintances so that helped. I'd had a friend fly down and fill in for Danny Joe Brown for a couple of shows when he was having health issues. It was another case of small world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 20:25

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Interesting. Original owner of a 2004 Envoy XL 5.3 V8 4WD. Less than 110k miles. Still love the vehicle but will keep an eye on the transfer case issue.

I'll bet you someone has a list of what cases were affected so you'd know if yours was at risk. I was told not to worry about it until they failed since you couldn't really "fix" the existing case. By now maybe someone has come up with a fix that will prevent the failure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-14, 20:32

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

lol, pretty much. We had a couple of mutual acquaintances so that helped. I'd had a friend fly down and fill in for Danny Joe Brown for a couple of shows when he was having health issues. It was another case of small world.

Too funny. I love small world stories. Coincidentally, just this morning, I was wondering what happens to the majority of aging rock stars, the ones who maybe hit it big but didn't make enough money to last a lifetime in retirement. Your story helps answer my question.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-14, 20:43

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, pretty much.  We had a couple of mutual acquaintances so that helped.   I'd had a friend fly down and fill in for Danny Joe Brown for a couple of shows when he was having health issues.  It was another case of small world.

Too funny. I love small world stories. Coincidentally, just this morning, I was wondering what happens to the majority of aging rock stars, the ones who maybe hit it big but didn't make enough money to last a lifetime in retirement. Your story helps answer my question.

Biggest thing is if they got any writing credits.  Ian Hunter has always been very thankful to those that covered his songs.   The income has allowed him to live and play as he wants.   Even if you don't know him, songs of his you may know:  Ships (Barry Manilow) - Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Great White) - Cleveland Rocks (Presidents of the US).    I was pretty good friends with David Gilbert from the Rockets and one of the sources of bitterness there was that Bee and McCarty took most of the writing credits.  One of many reasons for the breakup of that band.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down