Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.

+16
steveschneider
aualum06
By-Tor
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
DWags
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling it now. We beat Penn State.

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 14:59

Your fingers are weird. Have you thought about wearing gloves out of respect for others?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Calling it now. We beat Penn State.

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-10-22, 15:59

Back to the topic at hand. PSU's Offense is about a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unless McSorley or Barkley get hurt against O$U next game, we will be challenged to keep them under 28. Our offense is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our Oline is young, raw and very poor at run blocking. PSU's D is strong and stout. Special teams should hopefully cancel each other out. So on paper, they'll be favored by about 7-9 pts. minimum. However, they will be coming off a big revenge win over SCum and a big revenge game vs. O$U at Cbus. No idea who wins that, but hopefully they'll beat the shit out of each other to our benefit.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-10-22, 16:01

Back to the topic at hand. PSU's Offense is about a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unless McSorley or Barkley get hurt against O$U next game, we will be challenged to keep them under 28. Our offense is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our Oline is young, raw and very poor at run blocking. PSU's D is strong and stout. Special teams should hopefully cancel each other out. So on paper, they'll be favored by about 7-9 pts. minimum. However, they will be coming off a big revenge win over SCum and a big revenge game vs. O$U at Cbus. No idea who wins that, but hopefully they'll beat the shit out of each other to our benefit.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-22, 16:11

msuspartan4eva wrote:Back to the topic at hand. PSU's Offense is about a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unless McSorley or Barkley get hurt against O$U next game, we will be challenged to keep them under 28. Our offense is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our Oline is young, raw and very poor at run blocking. PSU's D is strong and stout. Special teams should hopefully cancel each other out. So on paper, they'll be favored by about 7-9 pts. minimum. However, they will be coming off a big revenge win over SCum and a big revenge game vs. O$U at Cbus. No idea who wins that, but hopefully they'll beat the shit out of each other to our benefit.
Gun to your head are you going to PF Chang’s or California Pizza Kitchen?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-22, 17:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
msuspartan4eva wrote:Back to the topic at hand. PSU's Offense is about a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unless McSorley or Barkley get hurt against O$U next game, we will be challenged to keep them under 28. Our offense is about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our Oline is young, raw and very poor at run blocking. PSU's D is strong and stout. Special teams should hopefully cancel each other out. So on paper, they'll be favored by about 7-9 pts. minimum. However, they will be coming off a big revenge win over SCum and a big revenge game vs. O$U at Cbus. No idea who wins that, but hopefully they'll beat the shit out of each other to our benefit.

Any question like this without a Paddle Inn option is pure bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-22, 18:04

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Drunk DWags is drunk.

Nah. After the game I’m a chauffeur to PF Chang’s. We eat there I have a coke cause I’m actually eating with a East Lansing cop took 1 1/2 hours. Then I ride the kid and my other daughter back to East Lansing then I drive to the Radisson. Finishing one drink now. Bars closing. Bed soon.

It's worse than we thought. DWags got coked up with an EL cop who takes super long meal breaks on the taxpayer dime!

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-22, 18:05

DWags wrote:tGreenway

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 14imoah

Back atcha, Flipper. Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 18:05

From now on it’s Dagwoods for me. I’m putting my foot down. Ruined my night.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 18:07

LooseGoose wrote:

Any question like this without a Paddle Inn option is pure bullshit.

I prefer the architecture of the Fairview Family Restaurant.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-22, 18:20

We went to PF Chang's once and I hated it. Waited 45 minutes for a table to eat overrated, overpriced tasteless garbage. The environment was incredibly pretentious too.

I'd rather go to First Wok any day.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-22, 18:27

Maybe you can try the nice applesbees next time wags.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 18:32

y2kMgrad wrote:We went to UM football game once and I hated it. Waited 45 minutes to get to our seats to watch an overrated, overpriced tasteless garbage Harbaugh offense. The environment was incredibly pretentious too.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-22, 18:33

Turtleneck wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:We went to UM football game once and I hated it. Waited 45 minutes to get to our seats to watch an overrated, overpriced tasteless garbage Harbaugh offense. The environment was incredibly pretentious too.

Fixed

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 502811600 Well played.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-22, 18:35

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Jesus, I don't like the idea of rooting for SCum to beat OSU. But it may come down to that.

To win the division? That scenario would be difficult with Penn State in the mix.

Not really.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 18:35

y2kMgrad wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed

It's really annoying when you're a good sport about this stuff. You're supposed to get incredibly angry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2017-10-22, 18:40

Turtleneck wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

It's really annoying when you're a good sport about this stuff. You're supposed to get incredibly angry.

As I get older, I find myself getting less and less angry about the losses. It's better for my heart that way.

Besides, after that abomination last night, what could I possibly say?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 19:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Maybe you can try the nice applesbees next time wags.

Never been. What do you order there?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 19:03

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nah. After the game I’m a chauffeur to PF Chang’s. We eat there I have a coke cause I’m actually eating with a East Lansing cop took 1 1/2 hours. Then I ride the kid and my other daughter back to East Lansing then I drive to the Radisson. Finishing one drink now. Bars closing. Bed soon.

It's worse than we thought. DWags got coked up with an EL cop who takes super long meal breaks on the taxpayer dime!

I think you’re twisting my words.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 20:33

gHost Spartan wrote:I've gotten food poisoning twice from Chinese food so I'll never eat at any mom and pops Chinese restaurant, only chain restaurants. The first time I was sick for a week and lost 20 pounds. Just puked and diarrhea non-stop. It was fucking awful.

I don't care.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-22, 20:37

DWags, pretty sure you placed your order and they ran down to Panda House at the corner of Abbot and Lake Lansing to get it.

That explains, at least, what took so long.

Yep, next time hit up Dagwoods. Though their PBR bottles are now $3.00. Freakin' hipsters.

Better yet, hit up Dagwoods for $1.00 Old Styles on Sunday, let the wife drive home after lunch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 20:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:DWags, pretty sure you placed your order and they ran down to Panda House at the corner of Abbot and Lake Lansing to get it.

Yep, next time hit up Dagwoods. Though their PBR bottles are now $3.00. Freakin' hipsters.

Better yet, hit up Dagwoods for $1.00 Old Styles on Sunday, let the wife drive home after lunch.

I thought they went to IngCredible.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-22, 20:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:DWags, pretty sure you placed your order and they ran down to Panda House at the corner of Abbot and Lake Lansing to get it.

Dude I may come out solo for the Penn State game just so I can hit Hopcat

I don't think they have Chinese food.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-22, 20:41

gHost Spartan wrote:

Dude I may come out solo for the Penn State game just so I can hit Hopcat
overpriced, overhyped.

Bring your khakis and hair gel.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-22, 20:50

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: overpriced, overhyped.

Bring your khakis and hair gel.
I thought you loved that place?
I've only been 2-3 times. I mean, it's okay, I reckon - but food is ridiculously overpriced for what it is and the folks that seem to hang there really aren't really the type I'd choose to hang with.

In their defense, they probably wouldn't choose to hang with me, either.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-22, 20:52

Bob, it’s Sunday - what the fuck are you doing? You’re making me uncomfortable.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-22, 20:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, it’s Sunday - what the fuck are you doing? You’re making me uncomfortable.
was bored. Wife is reading. Felt like I'd see what was going on at the greatest Spartan message board on the internet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 20:58

Check the chat Bob. Wags is hosting a cam session and we are all masturbating
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-10-22, 21:00

Can't see it. Ped is good and has the most overtly aggressive offense that I can remember. I sort of envy their balls to go deep over and over... why not vs. 3 and out?

Best case IMO is if our D punches them in the teeth and rattles them. Gonna need some turnovers and "the chip" needs to weigh like an anvil.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 21:01

This.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 21:02

SawGreen wrote:Can't see it. Ped is good and has the most overtly aggressive offense that I can remember. I sort of envy their balls to go deep over and over... why not vs. 3 and out?

Best case IMO is if our D punches them in the teeth and rattles them. Gonna need some turnovers and "the chip" needs to weigh like an anvil.

Iowa did it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-22, 21:03

SawGreen wrote:Can't see it. Ped is good and has the most overtly aggressive offense that I can remember. I sort of envy their balls to go deep over and over... why not vs. 3 and out?  

Best case IMO is if our D punches them in the teeth and rattles them.  Gonna need some turnovers and "the chip" needs to weigh like an anvil.

They can afford to go deep often. If it doesn't work there's always Barkely to dig them out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-22, 21:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob, it’s Sunday - what the fuck are you doing? You’re making me uncomfortable.
was bored. Wife is reading. Felt like I'd see what was going on at the greatest Spartan message board on the internet.

Note Bob is not reading because Bob does not know how to read because Bob listened to too much Skynyrd in high school and screwed his brain up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-22, 21:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Calling it now. We beat Penn State.  - Page 2 3434560931 say it again
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-10-22, 21:05

DWags wrote:

Iowa did it.

Good point, and a home game too. Maybe this comes down to home crowd and message boards.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-22, 21:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Check the chat Bob. Wags is hosting a cam session and we are all masturbating
I suddenly got really sleepy. Check you guys tomorrow.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 21:08

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:

Iowa did it.

Good point, and a home game too. Maybe this comes down to home crowd and message boards.

I think we’ll need Bob as a social reporter during the game. We’ll need to pay pal him mo et to get in. I’ll bring a six of Hams beer for him before the game. We need to pull out all stops. Possibly the best spring game ever Bob covered it live.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-22, 21:28

PSU not in the top 10 in either caregory.

Pick Six Previews‏ @PickSixPreviews 3m3 minutes ago
Only teams to make both lists of top scoring offense AND defense:
• Alabama
• Notre Dame
• Ohio State
• TCU
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-22, 21:34

Floyd Robertson wrote:PSU not in the top 10 in either caregory.

Pick Six Previews‏ @PickSixPreviews 3m3 minutes ago
Only teams to make both lists of top scoring offense AND defense:
• Alabama
• Notre Dame
• Ohio State
• TCU

And I honestly feel we’ve already played the best team on our schedule. Sure they beat our ass but we helped.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-22, 21:38

We will not beat Penn State. Can a mod lock this thread
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-10-22, 22:03

I will say this, if MSU manages a win against PSU, for me it will be the biggest win in the past 5 years, not for goals and accolades, just sheer odds.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next