Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon

3 posters

Go down

Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon Empty Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-27, 20:44

Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

WASHINGTON — The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website funded by a major Republican donor, was the first to hire the firm that conducted opposition research on Donald J. Trump — including a salacious dossier describing ties between Mr. Trump and the Russian government — website representatives told the House Intelligence Committee on Friday.

According to people briefed on the conversation, the website hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in October 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/politics/trump-dossier-paul-singer.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon Empty Re: Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-27, 20:49

If FoxNews and Drudge aren't reporting it won't get to true believer's screens.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon Empty Re: Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-27, 20:53

The Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon 1f44f  pee Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon 1f44f  tape Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon 1f44f  is Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon 1f44f  real Loose, I think I have seen you post links from the Washington Free Beacon 1f44f
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-28, 11:22

Good morning, Loose. Will you be linking to the Free Beacon in the future?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-28, 11:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

WASHINGTON — The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website funded by a major Republican donor, was the first to hire the firm that conducted opposition research on Donald J. Trump — including a salacious dossier describing ties between Mr. Trump and the Russian government — website representatives told the House Intelligence Committee on Friday.

According to people briefed on the conversation, the website hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in October 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.

I see nothing wrong with oppo research. All R's do it to other R's and all D's do it to other D's. Back in '08 it was the Clinton campaign that 1st whispered the birther shit about Obama...no matter how much they deny it now.

And the Russian aspect occurred after the Dems took over the payments. Are you proud that Hills and her cronies lied to everyone about their involvement?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-28, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I see nothing wrong with oppo research. All R's do it to other R's and all D's do it to other D's. Back in '08 it was the Clinton campaign that 1st whispered the birther shit about Obama...no matter how much they deny it now.

And the Russian aspect occurred after the Dems took over the payments. Are you proud that Hills and her cronies lied to everyone about their involvement?

The goalposts are shifting. This was a travesty 48 hours ago; a real injustice. Now, after Loose discovers one of preferred sources for quality political journalism was the original funder, it's just perfectly acceptable opposition research.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 11:42

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The goalposts are shifting. This was a travesty 48 hours ago; a real injustice. Now, after Loose discovers one of preferred sources for quality political journalism was the original funder, it's just perfectly acceptable opposition research.

Also I’m not exactly sure how much money most journalists spend on oppo research. That, uh, seems wrong.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-28, 21:16

[A Bipartisan Dossier of Collusion

On Friday evening, after we thought this column was put to bed, it was revealed that the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative publication, funded the original Fusion GPS project. As the Washington Examiner’s Byron York reported, the Free Beacon retained Fusion GPS to do research on several Republican candidates, not Donald Trump alone. The project had nothing to do with Russia or Christopher Steele. It ran from fall 2015 until Spring 2016, with the Free Beacon dropping it once Trump had the nomination sewn up.

That is when the law firm of Perkins Coie, counsel for the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained Fusion GPS. Only then did Fusion hire former British spy Christopher Steele. It was not until two months later that Steele completed his first “Company Intelligence Report,” dated June 21. That began what became the so-called dossier — 35 pages of Steele’s sensational investigative summaries.

Some reporting (for example, by Business Insider’s Natasha Bertrand) suggests that parts of the dossier have been verified. But, Byron York notes, former FBI director James Comey has dismissively described it as “salacious and unverified.” Much of its significant content has been vigorously disputed. Whatever its quality, though, the dossier is a Democratic-party campaign and political-opposition screed, through and through.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-28, 22:09

Turtleneck wrote:

The goalposts are shifting. This was a travesty 48 hours ago; a real injustice. Now, after Loose discovers one of his preferred sources for quality political journalism was the original funder, it's just perfectly acceptable opposition research.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down