Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State

+8
Mentalstate
Duke Silver
tanfan!
Nordic
StylesGShmooth
Giant Moose
Sponge Worthy
Other Teams Pursuing That
12 posters

Go down

Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State Empty Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 12:16

LINK
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State Empty Re: Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State

Post by Sponge Worthy Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 12:20

Whatarewe, fucking Iowa State now??

Razz 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State Empty Re: Reports: Cleveland State guard Bryn Forbes transferring to Michigan State

Post by Giant Moose Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 12:21

Well he'll fit in with the many of our players who have kids while being on the team in recent years.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:51

Almost didn't read the article. Saw the picture, looked back at the name and thought this was women's basketball story for a second.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 13 Jun 2014 - 19:56

Loading up on 3-ballers
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 4:04

Sponge Worthy wrote:Whatarewe, fucking Iowa State now??

Razz 

Izzo can't recruit anymore so he's going this route. Pretty sad  Basketball 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 11:24

I remember watching him play with Denzel wondered why we never offered him a scholly.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 11:59

Tanfan! wrote:

(We have a five-star center  committed for next year, and are leading for two other 5 stars, and Bess rose to become the best player this year in Ohio, Tum-Tum is a 4-star and the next class is shaping up to possibly be Izzo's best ever, not to mention this kid is a 42% three-point shooter who lit kentucky up for 22 and the other transfer scored close to 18 a game, making them both proven high-level college players, but play on, player.)
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 12:46

Tanfan! wrote:

There were 10 different 5 star guard recruits in the 2013 class. Eron Harris and Bryn Forbes, as sophomores, scored more points, and had a better 3 point shooting percentage than every single one of them (the only exception was Zak Irving of UM equaled their 43% 3 pt. shooting, but he did it on very limited shots). None of the other stat lines were close, except for minutes played.

Last season, Forbes had 1 head to head game against a 2013 5 star guard(s). Forbes scored 22 against Kentucky. The Harrison twins scored 11 and 12 points for Kentucky in that game. Kentucky beat Cleveland St. by 6 points.

Harris had 2 head to head matchups vs. a 2013 5 star guard, Wayne Selden of Kansas. In the first game, each player scored 17 points, with Kansas winning the game. In the 2nd game, Harris scored 28 points, while Selden scored 8, and WVU won the game.

So our guys were much better 3 times, and equal to the competition 1 time versus 5 star competition.

The Harrison boys and Selden will all have to get a bit more production if they plan on having sophomore season as productive as Harris and Forbes did. And of course, if they do, they'll jump to the NBA, which does nothing to help Kentucky or Kansas. MSU will have Harris and Forbes for 2 years each.

Sounds good to me.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 12:54

Mentalstate wrote:

(We have a five-star center  committed for next year, and are leading for two other 5 stars, and Bess rose to become the best player this year in Ohio, Tum-Tum is a 4-star and the next class is shaping up to possibly be Izzo's best ever, not to mention this kid is a 42% three-point shooter who lit kentucky up for 22 and the other transfer scored close to 18 a game, making them both proven high-level college players, but play on, player.)

I'm not holding my breath on the 5-star recruiting front.  I'm sure MSU is in the game like most, but not up to their necks like some other programs.  

That's why I like the under the radar guys.  They have something to prove.  In that department, I think things are looking real good as long as the chemistry is solid.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 14:52

We got scorers that's what we need
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dabski Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 15:09

Tanfan! wrote:

hey now, you're just getting everyone worked up.
Frank Dabski
Frank Dabski
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 15:55

Frank Dabski wrote:

I love Jesus
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 15:55

Frank Dabski wrote:

I love Jesus
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 16:52

SawGreen wrote:

I'm not holding my breath on the 5-star recruiting front.  I'm sure MSU is in the game like most, but not up to their necks like some other programs.  

That's why I like the under the radar guys.  They have something to prove.  In that department, I think things are looking real good as long as the chemistry is solid.

So you are saying we will lose the commitment of the big man? And have no chance with the other 2, neither of whom is from Chicago?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:37

Chris Solari ‏@chrissolari 3m

MSU announces that G Bryn Forbes will be eligible to play this season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:41

Well that is certainly good news, I think. I don't know much about this kid, is he to help replace Harris?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 14:43

InTenSity wrote:Well that is certainly good news, I think. I don't know much about this kid, is he to help replace Harris?

Yes, big time shooter/scorer. HS Teammate of Denzel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down